Create Account

S73 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game Playlist
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2023, 12:49 PM by Rangerjase. Edited 1 time in total.)

At this point in the season, you should be starting to get into the groove with your teammates. But it's not all about the chemistry when you're on the ice - it's the tunes you listen to in the locker room before you get out there that really help you bond.
Written Task: List 5 songs that are on your team's pre-game playlist, and tell us why they're played (150 word min.)
Graphic Task: Design the album cover for a CD-version of your team's pre-game playlist. Has to include at least the team name and logo.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S73 SMJHL Rookies (S74 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, October 22nd @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

In the grizzlies LR, we have an interesting hodgepodge of music that we have affectionally dubbed "The five songs that definitely do not suck" and they seem to vary from week to week.  One obvious pump up song is Drowning Pool - Bodies, simply because it seems to be a staple unga-dunga hype up / pump up song played for sports teams in various leagues around the world.  Song number two is a personal favorite of mine, which is Voices - Randy Orton's wrestling theme.  There's just something that angers me about multiple voices in my head and I'm not 100% sure where that aggression comes from, but it definitely rings in my head whenever I'm on the ice and plowing into the opposition.  Third is Ride of the Valkyries by Wagner.  It is of course, classical music but there's also something psychological about it when played over the arena sound-system just before we hit the ice.  There are a couple more top notch ones that seem to hit the list, but I'll let my teammates fill you in on those.

The Regina Elk be boppin to some sick tunes.

Our top 5 are as follows, with links in case you want in on the fun:
number 1: always Enter the Sandman. This song gets blasted while we are getting dressed for intense games. We always sit in silence while it builds up. By the time you hit the four minute mark, we are fully dressed and banging shoulder to shoulder with each other like a bunch of fools. It hypes you up , everytime!

number 2: If the "harder metal" sound isn't jiving, you can get some head nods with the goat: M&M lose yourself It doesn't bring the same energy as number 1 in my opinion, but we rock it and it feels like a song of focus. It is like Marshall is telling us "don't mess it up dude"

number 3: this is an Elk Special, that I don't want to share but will. It dates back to the days of Rebecca "Ice Cold" Montage and Conner "Also Ice Cold" McLavish. I think they like the beat and smooth sound of Mr. 3000 himself Hey ya! (Bonus video here, Key and Peele style)

Number 4: Lightning Crashes. This one is one of those slow songs that builds, and by the middle of the song, you are feeling it. not my favorite, but some on the team like it, so I won't complain.

Lastly. I will not title this song. You watch at your own risk, But this is the secret to our success. It claps.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

What five songs would be played for the Elk?

Well generally the veterans get to pick the play list - but now and again if a rookie had a really good last game they will be allowed to pick the next games play list. When that happens here is what Mikkel picks.

Dance with Me - Blink 182 - A full return to form for the great music his favourite uncle grew up on
Paradox - Survive said prophet - He's an anime lover and this is a total banger straight up
One less problem - Billy Talent - A great politcial piece that really sings deeply to many canadians in the current political climate
Can't Tame her - Zara Larson - Just gets you moving
Levitating - Dua Lupa - A classic - a song that Mikkel will never not find himself dancing just a little to.

A mix is what he really strives for to tick a few boxes but also to keep the tempo up for the team mate to jive to.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

The first song would be Zombie by the Cranberries. It has a slow build up to into one of the best choruses out there. It is very easy to sing as a group and we are all able to know the words very easily. It's a classic that is silly enough for everyone to feel comfortable in joining in.

The second song would be Cinderella Man by Eminem. A quick rap number that every team can get behind. The opening of "AHHHHH MAAAAN, AHAHAHHHHH MAAAN" is easily recognizable and it allows people to know what's coming. I don't know a single member of a sports team that has not heard or used this song to warm up at some point. There are a lot of Eminem songs I could choose from, but this one I believe jumps out without being overplayed.

The third song is Centuries by Fall Out Boy. Anyone who grew up playing hockey video games knows the power of a good Fall Out Boy song, especially when getting hyped before a big game.

The fourth song is God's Plan by Drake. A solid song with a chorus that most of us can agree with.

The fifth and final song would have to be Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes. I feel like a I don't need to explain this one, but the song is absolutely iconic and I envision it being played simultaneously with the arena itself. It gets the team ready, it gets crowd ready and its perfect to have the energy up before stepping on the ice.

WC: 260

[Image: lhlsigv2.jpg?ex=65cd244a&is=65baaf4a&hm=...5a69dcac4&]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

1. RICKY - Denzel Curry
If you've ever listened to this song, you'd understand why it's on this kind of playlist. It's quite simply a song that makes it impossible to stay relaxed, doing an unparalleled job of getting the team hyped up and ready to get out and do some damage on the ice.

2. Sada Baby & Drego - Bloxk Party
Two of the most popular rappers to come out of Detroit in recent years, Sada Baby and Drego are friends of the Detroit Falcons organisation and firm fan favourites. Both have appeared at multiple games as guests of honour and even performed together at the team's Four Star Cup celebrations a few years back. This is a song that has been played in many different circumstances for the team but always gets a spin before the team hits the ice on game day.

3. DJ Stingray 313 - Hypoalgesia
A bit of an unconventional song on paper, Hypoalgesia is a more chilled out cut that sometimes gets played before games thanks to a close connection with the artist behind it. DJ Stingray 313 is one of the pioneers of techno and electro music, and proudly represents Detroit (evidenced by the city's area code in his artist name), meaning he has been spotted at Falcons games on multiple occasions. The team has been known to repay his gesture by playing a few of his songs in the locker room before they hit the ice, giving a bit of a change of pace from the stuff they might usually listen to.

4. NLE Choppa - Walk Em Down
Not much of a backstory behind this one besides the fact that it does a great job of getting the team bouncing and smiling before they hit the ice. The Falcons are a team that plays with a lot of fun and flair, and being loose and smiling before they start a game is a really important part of this, meaning music like this gets its fair share of listening.

5. White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
This one doesn't need much explanation. The Falcons have entered out onto the ice for years to this song, and it's a cut that's synonymous with sporting events and big crowds. The tie to the city is obvious, with Jack White being born and raised in Detroit, and it's often heard getting a spin in the locker room to drive some additional feeling into the team before they go out and get the job done.

Code:
388 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

PBE Affiliate:

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=641237

I'm here to highlight five of my favorites from the Detroit Falcons' pre-game playlist!

1. Berzerk by Eminem: Obviously Eminem is an iconic local artist, and this rapid fire, sample-heavy tune is one that can fire up the room without being too obvious (Lookin' at you, Lose Yourself.)

2. Detroit Rock City by Kiss: While not a Detroit artist per say, This Kiss track from 1976 still accurately references our stomping grounds while summoning the adrenaline needed to go out and win a hockey game.

3. Bawitdaba by Kid Rock: Another big time modern Detroit artist clocks in here at number three. Love him or hate him, Kid Rock has made it his mission to become synonymous with City of Detroit since this debut track released almost twenty five years ago. He's also noted as being a huge Detroit hockey fan. Da Bang da dang diggy diggy, y'all!

4. Poem by Taproot: hailing from 25 minutes down I-94 in Ann Arbor, Taproot contribute Poem to the playlist for the boys. This one hits hard and really helps the Falcons get their juices going. Break the glass!

5. I Wanna Be Your Dog by The Stooges: Detroit City FC co-owner Iggy Pop's former band The Stooges takes the final spot in this list of five tracks. As an older song, this one doesn't go as hard as some of the others, but features driving guitars and percussion that let us zone out in the locker room a a sort of pre-game trance.

\

The Maine Timber let's people choose their own playlists and someone new gets to play it every day in practice and before games. When Teal'c gets the chance to play his playlist it includes some fun choices.

1. Trinidad James - All Gold Everything
I mean when you're talking about the ultimate goal it's to get rings. Nothing like Trinidad James to help you show off some of that ice and being able to show off your gold ring at the end of the season should get you hype enough. "Gold all on my ring". That's the goal for the Maine Timber at the end of the season. Also doesn't hurt that Teal'c sports his own gold ice right on his forehead. 

2. Slaughter to Prevail - 1984
Nothing like some Deathcore to get people hyped to hit someone. And with so many top end defenders on the Maine squad and big players in general, Slaughter to Prevail is a great choice. A lot of good choices here but this one has that heavy bass and drum feel that just gets the players moving. 

3. Bloodywood - Gaddaar
Talking about a song that gets you both pumped and moving. I couldn't choose a better song than Gaddaar by Bloodywood. Gets you some screaming, some light hip hop vocals, and a lot of really badass traditional Indian instruments. Just a one of Teal'c's favorites. 

4. Fat Nick, Shakewell - Pemex
Another song with a killer bass and drum line that gets you hyped. Soething that you hear and are ready to get on the ice and put in some goals. Teal'c can be found listening to this in the hot tub with his elderly neighbor just like Fat Nick and Shakewell. 

5. Culture Shock - Discotheque
Just gotta get some drum and bass on this list as it is probably Teal'c's favorite kind of music and something to just focus on and hear in his head during the game. Music like this gives him something to focus on and keep his effort at a constant level as he plays. Plus Culture Shock has a lot of great songs.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]

The Detroit Falcons' Pre Game Playlist!

For some reason, the Detroit Falcons prefer older songs by old bands to pump themselves up before a game. Must have something to do with the high average age of the team. The Detroit Falcons are officially old, perhaps.

1 - The Bad Touch by Bloodhound Gang

Classic song to get people pumping and getting physical, doing it like animals on the Discovery channel. Will get you ready to reach out and touch someone on the ice, perhaps a little too enthusiastically and inappropriately.

2 - Don't Stop Me Now by Queen

The forwards like this song because it reminds them to keep skating hard and keep going into the forecheck hard.

3 - Baby One More Time by Britney Spears

Physical guys on the team love using this song to punish the opposing team.

4 - Shots by LMFAO

To remind everyone to keep shooting pucks towards the net. Easy!

5 - Can't Stop Won't Stop (feat. Kodak Black) - King Combs

Keep going when rolling over all the other teams. Can't stop won't stop baby!

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

ISFL AFfiliate 
Different Forum Username: footballiscool

For the Colorado Raptors, our playlist should come at no surprise:

1. John Williams - Incident at Isla Nublar

A moody song to start building the mood for the night. We're all getting dressed into our gear, and as we put more and more on, we're more and more ready

2. John Williams - Journey to the Island

A more energetic song. The boys talk and celebrate. We get excited for the game, and believe in the power of friendship

3. John Williams - My Friend the Brachiosaurus

The Raptors remember the Raptors of old, who we may never have played with, but we for sure remember in our hearts, just like the Brachiosaurus' we used to love.

4. John Williams - Hatching Baby Raptor

The Raptors of old are gone. We're in the new era, and everyone on the team circles when this song comes up to recognize the rookies

5. John Williams - The Raptor Attack

We bring it all home with a suspenseful song about the Colorado Raptors. Many people don't know, but the original owners of the team had this song commissioned by John Williams, who then went on to reuse the song in the hit franchise Jurassic Park, who many say is just a retelling of the Raptors' first season. While this claim is disputed, nobody can dispute the phenomena that when the song comes on, other teams sense that someone, or something, is hunting them.

The Quebec City Citadelles Album.
Image: Noctowl with Logo head
Text: Team Name
[Image: QCCAlbum.png]

[Image: fFccrkD.png]

1. Break Stuff - Limp Bizkit | This is a certified classic. Break Stuff is a must before a rivalry game

2. Knuck If You Buck - Crime Mob | Again, this is another song to get you in that "try me" mood.

3. Squaws Along the Yukon - Hank Thompson | Ooga ooga mooska which means that I love you\If you'll be my baby I'll ooga ooga mooska you\Then I take her hand in mine and set her on my knee\The squaws along the Yukon are good enough for me. Because we love our fans

4. Song of the Yukon Rose | This is another song to remind us we are bad folks. And it's steel our minds for what at stake.

5. 10 Hours of Malamutes Howling | We put this on after a win or lose and we get naked and howl together. This is what we call team building.

The last time I was on a forum like this was when I was 20.

[Image: iam5Ypv.png]

[Image: pRYfhit.png]