Create Account

S73 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time

looking at stun guns rookie season, the way he performed really blew my expectations out of the water. from everything ive heard about being a goalie, and the fact that i have basically no tpe, i was expecting to be pretty bad, but the fact that i was instead potentially the best goalie in the juniors was absolutely absurd and got me more interested in the shl and my performance than id ever been before. Stun lead the whole league in wins, with 37 and the next highest being just 30 wins. Stun was third in the league in goals against average at 2.89, with the 2 goalies above him being in a tandem. he easily lead the league in goals saved above average with an astonishing 24.97, the highest since season 68. with 7 shutouts he nearly doubled second place, which was 4. overall his performance this year was far beyond any expectations i ever had, and i can only hope that stun can keep it up.

I believe Dag-Otto met and even exceeded some of the expectations I had going into my first SMJHL season. On my previous player, his first season was kinda really terrible. Scoring maybe seven points in total and generally being unhelpful when on the ice. So I tried to stick with some lower, more reasonable hopes and dreams this time around. But ultimately, he did great. A lot of it I believe was helped by the fact that Carolina traded away our top center in the middle of the season. Which gave Dag-Otto the opportunity to center the second line rather than being on the third line the entire season.

As he's being built to heavily lean towards defense I didn't expect many points and was mainly hoping to be useful in not letting up many shots against. And to my surprise it might just have worked. Dag-Otto is showing positive numbers in all advanced stats when compared against the rest of Carolina's roster.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

In his rookie season I would say that Denebor had a very successful campaign. He joined a struggling Carolina Kraken roster mid season after finally attaining his visa to play in North America and helped them turn it around into a playoff season. His play was good enough that he was given the nod to start all playoff games after being mostly a back up for the regular season. In both the regular season and playoffs he was near league leader in Goals saved above average and save percentage. The Kraken has a large rookie class and they will only grow and get stronger together going forward into next season. Denebor is still looking to attain his first career shutout but he had several strong games during the season such as a seventy six save performance early in his tenure to help the Kraken get a much needed win. Next season Denebor hopes to improve his glove hand and rebound control to make the Krakens defenders lives easier going forward.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=663d5bb2&is=663c0a32&hm=7637...ae0e53216&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

PBE PT

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Alright well it was a pretty decent season. Lots of gnomes. Lots of goals. Lots of points. Lots of wins. Lack of playoff success. Undecided
But after my first player was a rookie of the year and a defensive stalwart, it was pretty fun to see my new guy lighting the lamp every night.  I don't think I'll be rookie of the year or even a future mvp but i definiltey think i'll be a productive starter for a future cup winner.  24 goals and 49 assists might not be like the greatest rookie season ever or anything, but its nothing to sneeze at! just make sure you wipe those boogies, cause im coming back for season 2 and ready to rock the boatz. if i had to improve on something for next season i definitely think it'd be my defensive play. i gotta get a little more 2 way in my game!  welp see ya later.

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

Overall I'm thrilled with how my rookie year went! Nevada has been such an awesome place to be and the vibes are always great. I honestly didn't expect Nevada to make the playoffs, looking at the toe tracker is seemed like we should have finished in the bottom half. But through amazing GMs and the power of friendship not only did we make the playoffs, but we made it to the 2nd round and almost did the reverse sweep. As for Sergey Ivanov himself, I'm super happy with his performance. 32 points is nothing to scoff at for a rookie defenseman, and he seemed to hold his own defensively with a 71 DGR and 124 hits throughout the season. For next season I'd like to score around 45 points, along with keeping up the good defensive production. I'll always remember this season as my first, where I met so many new people and really got back into sim leagues. Now it's time to prepare for the draft and my sophomore season!

I think the first season for Leo Roze went very well. I slipped way further in the draft than I was expecting to because I didn’t join the rookie server and then also didn’t do the mock draft, but eventually once I got on my feet with QCC it took off. Roze was in the top 10 in blocks for the whole league and was first for rookies which is more than I thought. I knew I made him to be defensive but u wasn’t expecting to make the next best sponge. Goals and assist wise were pretty tame, expected to get roughly what I did. I think the best part of this season though is the prospects for Roze and QCC in general, looking at the rookies on that team, it’s going to be hard to imagine us never winning a four star cup. But now that I say this, we won’t…

[Image: ROZESIG.png?ex=6622170a&is=660fa20a&hm=2...height=655]

It's somewhat hard to gauge how I stacked up against my own expectations when I didn't have that many to begin with. Not being drafted by any team and joining midseason, I didn't really suspect I'd be getting much playing time at all. Performance wise, I think I did pretty good in the regular season! Was performing meh to ok on the top pairing as a rookie, I was doing what I was put there to do. The playoff performance wasn't anywhere close to being acceptable though, and I hope that I'll suck a bit less shit in the postseason next time. The Cult of Net Man and really just the environment in the QCC locker room was something special and I couldn't be happier to spend the next 3 seasons with all of these incredibly talented teammates, staff, and everybody in between. Smile

I've certainly had a very mixed feeling about my season. On one hand i perhaps went in with a little bit far too high expectations regarding my season. On the other hand looking back i am well aware that i did quite well. After all my numbers have been above expectations. Especially as i have put a lot of work into training to become the two way forward boss has wanted me to become. Ps: I may or may not have taken one specific line to heart, whoever knows that line knows what i'm talking about. Truth be told there are two players i feel a little bit jealous about. One of the two person who's i'm jealous about is Celly with whom i even had a little bit of banter on Chirper talking about who's gonna have a better season. It's safe to say i could only be dreaming of a season that they had. But if anything that only motivates me to work even harder to produce a similar season next year. The other person is none other than my sister, Froya. After all out of the two of us, it is her who's more naturally talented while i'm the one who has to work the extra hours to even out my deficit. As such leading her on points for the majority of the season was quite the pleasant surprise. And that very fact is the same reason why her overtaking me in points by the end of the season that makes it all quite bittersweet for me. Nevertheless, just like with Celly this will only motivate me to be even better.

Oh boy, Joonas' rookie season could not have gone any better for the generational prospect born in Finland. After being drafted by the Whalers at the tail end of the second round of the most recent SMJHL Entry Draft one season ago, Erno was slotted into the Whalers' depth chart as a third-line winger where he paired up with fellow rookie GM's Son as well as Lily Jin Morrow, as a veteran of the SMJHL who was among team leaders in points. Joonas scored twenty goals and twenty-seven assists to total forty-seven points in sixty-six games as a rookie, which is definitely above average for his draft class. Moving forward into the next few seasons, Erno will need to be prepared to elevate his play to accommodate additional ice-time and special teams responsibilities as a number of his teammates from this past season move onto the SHL after having aged out of eligibility for the SMJHL.