Create Account

Sim-based Task Deadline Change

Hello everyone, your PT director speaking to inform you of a minor adjustment to certain task deadlines.

Primetime and Hat Trick tasks have heretofore been due at the start time of a given sim. In practice, however, sim start times routinely change with less than a day's notice. This makes tracking the deadline difficult for graders, causes an inconsistent and opaque user experience, and piles unnecessary stress on the sim team, who know that each time they change the schedule causes knock-on effects on other teams.

Therefore, any task which has previously been due at the start of a given sim will now be due at Noon EST on the day of the sim instead. This time was chosen as the earliest time a current simmer prefers to start his sims. All affected task posts will be updated to reflect the new, clearer deadline.

Thank you for your attention, and good luck this season!

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Ilike

I think I should get 4 tpe for free.

It has nothing to do with this post, I just wanted to say it.

Makes sense, good call on the change. Will they be posted any earlier, or will the post time be the same?

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2023, 10:55 AM by Zerg. Edited 1 time in total.)

10-10-2023, 10:41 AMTroy_McClure03 Wrote: I think I should get 4 tpe for free.

It has nothing to do with this post, I just wanted to say it.

Makes sense, good call on the change. Will they be posted any earlier, or will the post time be the same?

The post time will be the same: all tasks for a given week will go up on that week's Monday, extenuating circumstances aside. If life happens to the extent that a task would be posted several days late, a sim later in the next week will be used for those tasks to compensate.

E.g. if the prediction tasks don't go up until Wednesday, then those tasks will cover Wednesday (or later) games, rather than the usual Monday games. They'll also then be due at noon on Wednesday, rather than Monday.

The due date will be specified in all future task posts.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

Good stuff

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

This is outrageous! It’s unfair!

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Hating on procrastinators

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]