Create Account

Eddie's Scouting Reports: Will Nuck (2x Media)

Scouting Report: Will Nuck, 17-year-old Right-handed Defenseman

Height: 6’ 4”
Weight: 225 lbs

In a game that is defined by offense, it is hard to understate just how important defense and physical play is for a team’s chances of succeeding, in all levels of hockey. Will Nuck is one of the players that every coach understands is a critical part of the puzzle for every team – a physical force on the ice, a defensive presence, and a marvel of strength for his team. The imposing German has solid checking ability, ensuring no player can easily slip by him. He positions himself well in his own zone, waiting for a critical mistake or misstep from the offense so he can make his presence known. His stamina is incredible, meaning demanding minutes are nothing to him, and he’s the picture of strength, closing speed, and balance. Overall, the perfect blueprint for a player looking to use his body to dominate opponents and be the X factor for an defense.

But Nuck has some edges to round out before he gets to that point. His agility is lacking, meaning other players can easily slip by if they’re agile enough. His hitting ability is unnotable, meaning he rarely makes the big, bone-crushing hit you love to watch on TV. He needs to work on his ability to use his stick to strip opponents in lieu of body contact, and he should work a little more on getting in the way of shots. On offense, he’s only critically lacking a solid shot. His ability to get open, his passing skill, his work handling the puck and his ability to read the offensive play is all fine, requiring some work, but not awful by any stretch.

Nuck stands out to me as one of those key players that any team will need, and I feel a little bad that he might just be pressured to insert some offense into his game. You don’t put a saddle on a mustang, and Will is certainly a wild bucking horse of a hockey player. His defense and physical play will make him an asset to any team that takes him. If he holds himself to the standard I hold for him and his game, he might just be one of the best players to ever come out of this class.

Eddie Morozov signing off for now. Stay tuned for more info and more reports from my trips abroad scouting the next SHL stars!

(Word Count: 423)

[Image: TRVzgUB.png]

GrizzliesGrizzliesGrizzliesMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchsMonarchs

shl-oldshl-oldshl-oldUsaUsaMonarchsMonarchs

Thanks for the flattery!

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder