Create Account

S76 SMJHL Draft Edition POV Brayden Point (x2 draft)
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2024, 08:15 PM by No Goal. Edited 1 time in total.)

In this post I talk about my opinions of the draft from the point of view of the draftee in S76 draft as Brayden Point: 

I have been playing hockey my whole life. the importance of draft day is more than finding a team it is finding my home and my future. Hockey is what I do it is part of my blood. Everything has led up to this point. The long days training, the countless pucks shot on the goal - blood, sweat, tears, joy, pain (but as they say no pain no gain.) All paths lead to the draft. Much like the Harry Potter sorting hat. The future of the league all hangs in the balance of where I end up and who I become. The other draftees who are friendly to me know can become future brothers and sisters on the same team and same dream or foes in pursuit of glory to win the cup. One thing is for certain I win hockey. Hockey is my drug that keeps me going.

I have already been scouted and DM by quite a few captains. They have some commonly asked questions. All of the teams seem friendly but where is my future home going to be with. All I can ask for is an active team that will allow me to flourish and grow. I am a future hall of fame player - I have a lot to learn but am confident I will rise to the top and be among the best. Still I am nothing without a team to support me and me to support them. As the draft approaches I ask that I find an active team. I will never forget my first draft. This day is important to me. Whoever drafts me note I am loyal and will not forget where I came from - this is a large asset as a future pro I will consider helping out the team anyway I can. In the time I am on the team I am super active and banking all the money and TPE I can. I have lots of unused banked points I am ready to put into the stats needed to be among the best centers the league has known. I want a coach that will help to make sure I am training in the best way possible for the now and future. I know I am young with a lot of room for growth but I know I have what it takes and was made on this earth to play hockey! 

As always my DM is open on here and on Discord. I am able to respond quicker within the Discord app since it is on my phone. This community has been awesome to me and I am thankful to have the opportunity to play in the league and show off my talent. Feel free to look at my activity and understand I am able to keep this up season over season to met my goal of being a hall of fame player. Hall of fame is not easy but I know what it takes and it starts right here right now within the SMJHL hockey league draft this weekend. Be there or be square! 

I am open to any team regardless of location. Tampa would be a future dream in the SHL but I do not have strong loyalty to a location when compared to: having an active team that will push and support me (from the players to the trainers and coaches), having a solid fan base - I want to be remembered by the fans and respected, possibly hated (not for being bad or rude but for "stealing" the cups from other teams), and allowing me to peruse my dream: I want to become a hall of fame center. I am able to relocate and set down roots anywhere in the league and will make it happen. I never understood draftees who refuse to put on skates for a particular team. Anyone of the teams has done a lot to get to where they are - its not like anyone can just start a league out of thin air and call it a day. It does send a message but personally I think it sends the wrong message and might end up leaving money on the table. In addition players get traded and coaches and trainers can get fired or move to another team. Imagine a draftee saying they won't play for a team to later have players from that team or a coach etc. move to the team. It would end in friction or drama.    

I am going to be a top draft pick. I am confident in my abilities and dedication to the sport of hockey.  I am known for my hat tricks and being a top goal scorer no matter where I play. Hockey is what I do. I see a net I take the puck and I hit the back of the net. The horn blasts if at home and regardless I celebrate that goal with the team. As a goal leading center I am nothing without the player to my left, right, and the defense behind me. I also am wanting to get into team leadership and an used to wearing an A or C within my prior hockey teams while in school. 

I will always look back on this draft as a memory to tell my kids and family when I grow old (side note I am single to any of women hockey fans - ya boy Brayden Point is about to get drafted this weekend - the DM are open for you!!). I know it will be an experience to remember and one that I will always be fond of. 

Shoutout to my fellow draftees remember that no matter what happens it is the friends, foes, and memories we make along the way. Be humble be hungry never forget where you came from. 

With that I look forward to this weekend. There will be a lot to celebrate and a new home to relocate to. I cannot wait to settle in the new locker room and meet everyone. To those I play against good luck - you are going to need it if you have hope of out scoring me or preventing me from scoring! To my future team we are going to rock and roll like this league has never seen before!!!! 

x2 for being a draft post about the SMJHL! 

(word count 1086)

Falcons Hockey fan for life. I pack the heat and score the goals!   Barracuda

[Image: Point_Celly-13020730.gif] 

Hattricked: