Create Account

S75 PT0: Gebeneezer Boogie Due: Monday, February 12th @ 11:59 PST

Option 1

Don't google 'mite' - first mistake. I'm sorry coach that something has turned you into a mite and then into a ghost. First I wondered which weird dream this was or if this was a normal thing for ghosts (or mite-ghosts) or if I was still on that alien ship from a while ago. Perhaps the same thing happened to my coach and instead of aliens he was asked to coach some random little mites because they wanted to learn hockey, but this is more and more sounding like a weird dream so I'll go with that explanation. Instead of freaking out I'll try to interpret this dream because dreams usually mean something else. 96-year-old coach suddenly turns into mite (poor guy) and then tells me weird things about forgetting how to play hockey properly. Maybe I need to clean my goalie equipment more frequently? I definitely will be checking my blocker and glove for mites from now on. Or just get new ones?
P.S. Yes, of course I googled what 'mite hockey' means, but this was mostly a reminder that not everyone worldwide is familiar with that term because it's a country-specific term as far as I know and I hope we would leave these out of PT prompts for an international community.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Simmer PT Pass

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

[Image: sD6g3Yy.png]

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Task 2:

William Salming is a professional athlete. That's why he knows that even during holiday seasons you can not just lay down and wait for the new season. Yoú need to exercise and develop your weaknesses. Salming has consulted lots of sports professionals who have helped to create a perfect program for offseasons. William recommends it for everyone. When the season finishes, it is good time to rest 10 days without touching the ice-hockey stick. But after that the grind begins again. You learn to play ice-hockey and skate better by being on the ice as much as possible instead of gym, running in forests or swimming. So, that's why Salming skates every week during the summer too. He trains from Monday to Friday and then takes rests during the weekends. He trains twice per day during the week expect Friday when he trains only in the morning. He skates on Tuesday and Thursday. He visits gym on Monday so his body is fresh after the weekend rest. And then on Wednesday and Friday he has some other drills which are top secret.

[Image: salming.png]

Pt pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

So first prompt and I feel like if this happened to Isaac the ghost would be more afraid of him than vice versa. That or he would just end up being pissed off with him haunting him during Christm-I mean Hockey times. The man takes his 8 hours of sleep seriously.

His message of losing his way with the heart of the puck would be heard loud and clear though. The only issue is Isaac would shrug and probably reply back "So? That god damn sucks. I am here to bring the chaos and fight people. You can have your puck bollocks, boyo." before going back to sleep.

Now for the 3 ghosts that end up following him I would imagine Isaac would see the first 1 and realise this was going to be a long night. Luckily, he saved the number of the Ghostbusters (Luckily they're in Manhattan Rage's area right now so they can get to his hotel room since he was sleeping over) and watch them destroy and capture the 4 ghosts annoying him. Maybe autographs of the Ghostbusters too.

Job done and nothing learned.

[191 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

My player has become obsessed with scoring goals, very much not the proper way to play the game. Unfortunately, he also sucks at scoring goals so it's a bit of a double edged sword. Once the ghost of coach past has visited young Florian he is quickly transformed into a jolly old lad and buy the largest turkey on the street to share with Bob Cratchit and his family including none other than Tiny Tim.

He also becomes a much nicer teammate and player on the ice, learning the ways of passing the puck and sharing amongst teammates. In just his 2nd year in the SMJHL this will surely serve Florian well in the years to come and this visit from his old dead coach who he couldn't quite remember the name of (Peter maybe) was a true blessing in disguise. Although quite scary at the time as well and ended up having a pretty rough sleep. Got bag skated by current coach because of it.

[Image: DIsmdUx.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2024, 10:21 AM by dankoa.)

Option 2

It's tough to find the optimal balance between recharging the batteries and preparing for another tough season as a player in the SHL. I think there needs to be some kind of focus on allowing wounds to heal and teams to relax a little bit, as otherwise you're going to have a roster that's beaten down before the season even starts. But there also needs to be an offseason programme that keeps players sharp and ready to rock and roll by the time training camp rolls around, and means that by puck drop on opening day of the season everyone is fit and fighting. Emil Karlsson spent his offseason recovering back home in Sweden after winning the Four Star Cup, allowing him to hang out with friends and family for the first instance in some time while working with some fellow SMJHL players and preparing for the season. He followed this up by returning to Montreal for training camp with the SHL team, before heading back to Detroit to settle in for a week or two before the season began and everything started all over again.

Code:
186 words

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Quote:Option 2:

Written Task: What kind of lifestyle should a hockey player live in the offseason? How can you best strike a balance between recreation and relaxation, and training for the next season? Should you simply spent the first half in the Caribbean and the second half in the gym, or is there some other training regimen you follow? Feel free to tell me what your player happens to do, or to showcase your own expertise in real-world athletic training!

For Jaxson Reaper, the lifestyle he chooses to live in the offseason would be considered unorthodox by most. Instead of training, hitting the gym, or any sort of physical activity really he chooses the relaxation and self love. Jaxson, like his relatives before him Vince Reaper and Vincent Mietitore enjoys playing a ton of video games. Most of his spare time off the ice is in front of a computer screen. He enjoys sitting and playing games such as call of duty, palworld, escape from tarkov, and a few sports games such as NHL and Madden. Outside of the video game world, he also enjoys small nature walks with his wife and dog. While this could be considered physical activity, this is done more for the sake of stress relief and getting in touch with nature. So really, there isn't much of a balance between recreation, relaxation, and training for him. Jaxson enjoys living his life, his way.

161 words

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

Option 2:

Marek is still adjusting to the rigors of stringing together 66 game seasons with playoffs in the SHL pyramid, but he’s coming off a productive, albeit short, offseason. Following a cup win with his SMJHL team, the Detroit Falcons, the first thing on Marek’s mind was revelry. Taking some time to enjoy the moment and appreciate the effort the team had put in over the course of the season.

This took two days. Then the offseason truly began.

Number one on the critical items list is diet. Marek ensured that he maintained a proper healthy diet for the duration of the offseason, despite which stage of training he was in. This includes eating a balanced diet of nutritional whole foods, a lot of lean meats, and of course protein supplements when required, including his family’s proprietary protein beer when relaxing in the evening.

Alongside diet comes mental fitness. Marek spends at least 30 minutes per day in a meditative state, and an additional 30 minutes per day reading. This helps his mind recover from the season and de-stress, while also keeping him sharp and expanding his mind.

Finally, we have physical fitness. Marek follows the traditional flow diagram for professional athletes he once saw online. The offseason begins with rest. During the rest period, only maintenance cardio and lifting is completed, to keep the body moving and active at a reduced workload. Next comes targeted workouts. After a couple weeks of rest, Marek spends the next couple correcting imbalances and rehabilitating problem areas with the body that cropped up over a long season. Once all systems are go, Marek returned to the ice for skill work, and hit the gym with more vigor afterwards. This was the ramp up stage prior to joining the team for preseason.
Marek is halfway through his junior career. While the championship season was fulfilling, there is still so much more he would like to accomplish. The hope is that this sensible approach to the offseason will not only help him achieve his goals, but also prolong his career and keep him mentally strong and happy.

\

First off, I just wanna say.. what a great prompt. The other sim leagues could learn something from this wacky shit.  

When ol' Leroy Stinkins of the teeny tiny Texas league first showed up in my room, I was terrified.  This was the man that made 3 year old me vomit blood on the ice from sprints because he said I was "too loose with the goose".. and as a 3 year old I didn't even know what it meant.  To be honest, I still don't. Is the goose the puck? Or is the goose the stick? No idea.

But as I listened to him, I realized that he was right.  I had forgotten the things that got me here.  When I was younger, in addition to make sure my goose was tucked in tight, I was also taught that if I didn't have at least 64 shots a game, I wasn't doing it right.  What Stinkins told me then, is as true as ever.  "The rest of your team sucks. Absolutely sucks. You are the Gretzky of the TTT, and I swear to god if you don't score 25+ goals every game we're done for, absolutely done for".  You'd think that now that I'm in such a prestigious league like the SMjHL, that my teammates would be a lot better and I wouldn't have to do as much, but I ask you... have we won a cup at all during my team here?  So with that, I'm just gonn astart stealing the puck from my own teammates, scoring at all, and putting up 25 points a game.  full Kobe mode.  No assists either cause I ain't passin. Thank me later. Thanks for reminding me whats important Leroy.

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: zFnlslP.png]

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2024, 11:26 AM by Kimar.)

Option 1

The offseason came and Karter was sorely disappointed that his season was over, but he was disappointed in himself too. He decided that he needed to step it up and put more effort into perfecting his game. In the offseason, he decided to stay with a teammate who owned a house in the Yukon and train in the team's facilities as much as he could. Every day of the offseason he walked into the practice facility at 4 am, before even the janitors were there. He spent a good few hours working on his cardio and legs. When others started to finally show up He would suit up on the ice and stretch and warm up before taking thousands of shots. He repeated this every day until he decided to take a vacation to rest up before the season started. He and his buddy and fellow teammate Peyton McBride took a 7-day cruise through the Caribbean. Karter spent those 7 days relaxing, swimming, and tanning in the hot sun. That's when he got the message telling him he'd be representing Team USA white in the WJC. Once the ship docked, he quickly got a flight to Team USA's training facility and began preparing for the tournament.

211 words

[Image: i0ZCRTJ.png]

Россия wants you! Ask for a Transfer! Join Independent Russia Today!

Malamutes syndicate Independent Russia   Malamutes syndicate Independent Russia

[Image: HeeBQpJ.png]

[Image: 88pk1Hz.png]

pt pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Over the break, Austin Morley was visited by the apparition who warned him that he had lost his way. Even before the visit, Morley could feel that it was the truth, but the visitation solidified it. He was warned that he would be visited by three spirits that would help guide his way back. The first spirit was the Ghost of the Forward. It would remind him how fun it is to play aggressive offense and rekindle his love to dishing the puck to his teammates. The second was the Ghost of the D-Man, who would remind him that while offensive is flashy, defense wins games. The final spirit to visit Morley was the Ghost of the Two Way Center. He reminded Morley that to be a complete player, one must find the True Balance in the game and become One with both offense and defense. Morley has taken this to heart and looks to carry on the spirit of the Two Way Center. (164 words)

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]