Create Account

S75 PT0: Gebeneezer Boogie Due: Monday, February 12th @ 11:59 PST

Louise St. Martin's offseasons tend to be short between Edmonton's consistent deep runs and IIHF play for Switzerland. So she mostly uses it to recharge her batteries after a long run of high-stakes games. When you're on the back nine of your career, there's no real point to just running yourself into the ground in the offseason - it's not like she slacks off or gets out of shape, no, she's just unwinding and recovering psychologically. Oftentimes it is a trip back home to Switzerland to relax in the mountains for a bit. Earlier in her career she did do offseason training and workouts - especially during her junior career and her first couple years in Toronto and Edmonton. But nowadays, she just wants to lay back, relax, forget about hockey for a bit, spend time with loved ones, maybe do some hiking or something. It's not a one-size-fits-all thing obviously but it's what she finds most engaging

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

PT pass

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Option 2:

Athletes always struggle with life and work balance in the off-season. I honestly think they over-think it. Our work is gruelling and the off-season is absolutely necessary to rest and repair our body. It isn't some special formula to using the off-season properly. You can balance recovery, training, and fun.

The off-season is for you to recover. Taking a couple of weeks to relax and let your body heal is very important. Go on a relaxing vacation, spend time with you family, and enjoy it. After that, you bring training back into the regime. You hit the gym every day to keep the body strong and so you don't lose any progress. You're not going to train as hard as during the season, but train to keep things tight. In between that you have time to catch up with friends and family and do the activities you don't have time for during the season. You need to have a life outside the rink and that's what the off-season is for. You can't always be go, go, go. You need the rest and recovery.

(183 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
33-12-1
Regular Season - [G 6] [A 8] [Pts 14] [+/- +25] [PIM 30] [Hits 22] [SB 87]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Option 2:

Graphic Task: Draw your player hitting the gym!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Option 2

Kristian Seppanen spends his offseason primarily in Finland, visiting his family, old friends, and enjoying his time off. In order to keep in top shape, Kristian works out regularly, and plays pond hockey in the local community. Kristian also really enjoys skiing, and taking time to rest by going to the spa. This offseason, Seppanen also took time to travel to Atlanta, training with some of his future teammates and scouting out homes to buy for when he is inevitably called up next season. Atlanta has some beautiful neighbourhoods, so it was hard to decide where he was going to live.

Outside of all of that, this offseason was also spent working sponsorship deals, and trying to ensure that he was earning enough funds to set his family up for life - in case of a career ending injury, Seppanen wants to be smart with his money and make sure that he can retire comfortably when the time comes.

"Coach, is that really you?"

Justin Time couldn't believe his eyes. Could he really be seeing a ghost, or was it just a result of that bad poutine after the season opener? Coach was dead, he couldn't be here, hovering three feet above the bed of a downtown Edmonton apartment.

"Justin, you've lost sight of the game, and the true meaning of goaltending. Your search for the McBride has poisoned you, and cost your team the cup last year."

It was madness. The true meaning of goaltending? What on earth could that mean?

"What do I do, Coach? What do you mean?"

"Follow the spirits, Justin," the transparent figured said. "They will show you, and guide you back on the path to true hockey greatness."

Time shouted for the apparition to come back, to explain everything, but the figure was gone as quickly as he'd appeared. Just minutes later, the whole episode felt too silly to be real.

"I'm never eating this late again," Time muttered, before going back to sleep.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Boots spends his off season doing a mixture of leisure and hard work. Lots of time is spent with family that he wouldn't normally see during the regular season. Other time in between is spent continuing off season training and at this point in his career, not so much as learning new skills but making sure he can maintain his athleticism and strength to be able to keep up with his younger teammates as well as the younger members of the league on opposing teams. Texas has done a lot to put together a contending team and he simply can't stop now. But during that training he knows he can't burn himself out either and surrounds himself with family and friends to help rejuvenate his body and mind and help maintain his ever flowing positivity. 

Given Texas's current situation though, Boots decided he would head back to Texas a little earlier than usual and get back to his teammates to continue training to bring his very best for his teammates and for his fans. He'll do everything he can to lift that challenge cup in Texas.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Option 2:

Brandon Gilleyes has an interesting off-season routine. He starts off by continuing playing hockey for about two weeks since he does not want to stop after the season ends. He will then go on a nice vacation to see his family in Greenland then find his way over to the World Junior Championship to play for team UCORCAL. Following World Junior Championship he goes back to Greenland to fully see his friends and family while working out everyday to stay in shape. Gilleyes wants to make sure he is ready to the next season so he makes his way back to Colorado to start training in the Raptors training ground. He skates around and enjoys Colorado again. Eventually the rest of the team shows up and it is time we start practicing as a team again while hanging out with each other. Brandon has a weird Off-season routine going all around the world but he does enjoy it.

[Image: mysteriousfish.png?ex=66328b0b&is=662016...98bf81f46&]
Amazing Sig done by @OrbitingDeath

[Image: 8W5aE8t8_o.jpg]
@MuNk22 with the amazing sig

Written task / option 2

In the off season, I think that it's important for a hockey player to have balance. On one hand, we can't just sit on the couch all day with no training. Because if we did, we would lose all of the work and conditioning put in during the season and through training. But on the flip side, it would not be beneficial to go all out with training and working out during the whole off season. Any player needs some time to relax and recharge after a long season. For me personally, I would make it a point to go on a vacation to somewhere on a beach, where I can totally de-stress and clear my mind. In my hockey career, having that time to fully disconnect has always made me a better player once the season rolls around. I also enjoy staying in shape during the long off season and making sure my body is ready for the season along with my mind.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

Why is my mite-league coach 96 years old? I don't know, but Violet gets visited by this ol' probably-dead geezer after a crisis of faith. Her statistics were absolutely dreadful last season, and she was thinking of focusing only on scoring in the offseason to get some better appraisal from the folks in the SHL. After all, her draft position dropped a few points going from the J to the SHL. But the coach, one only named Re No Jack-sin, HS (not sure what the HS title means in all honesty), asked Violet to recall the various times that her defense at least assisted the team clear a difficult penalty kill, and covering her less defensively-oriented wingers in the process even at full strength. He showed a few visions: those of previous youth teams experiencing team success, her current team succeeding (to an extent) with reasonably-killed penalties and good third line play, and a future in Atlanta where a balanced attack and defense at center could lead them to the championship.

Good on you, Re No Jack-sin, HS. We'll stay the course and stick around with this two-way build. Was it real? I dunno, ask @RenoJacksonHS .

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

[Image: Colombo_centre_gym_weights.jpg.png?ex=65...14b8496be&]

[Image: fFccrkD.png]

I think the ideal offseason lifestyle for Carter Crutchfield should be one of much work, little play. With big footsteps in his father (Chris) to follow, Carter needs to focus on being the best player that he can be. That means skipping the pizza at the party to keep his body in top top shape and actually exercising at the gym, not just shooting the shit with his offseason trainer (Carter trains with his brother, Chuck in the offseason). If Carter can focus on becoming a force within the SHL, with a will there is a way and Crutchfield could find himself making a big splash in the SHL when he comes up to join the San Francisco Pride at some point (hopefully) during his career. But, there is always some time to casually enjoy a vodka water to ensure that he can still have fun, but keep the calories low.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Oh wow I can't believe it. It's my old coach Mr hockey man. Nice to see you again Mr hockey man! You're the reason why I play hockey, and the reason why I play it so well. Am I freaking? Or am I dreaming? How could you be here, you died my dude! Oh you have an important message to give me from the great beyond? Go on ahead, it feels like you spent a lot of energy just to make it all the way here. Yes I am a great player. Yes I need to focus my efforts on training. But where Mr hockey man? How can I become the very best, like no one ever was? How can I find success on the Winnipeg aurora in the simulation hockey league in this season of our lord hockey 75? Mr hockey man tell me how I can do it! Please tell me!

Then I woke up. I wonder what Mr hockey man was planning to tell me. Oh well.

(173)

ISFL PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

Happy to observe this! Awesome ideas and the standard of details provided is incredible!
Thank you everybody!