Create Account

Sizz Pixel stuff 2/11
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2024, 09:09 PM by Sizz. Edited 3 times in total.)

So this is a somewhat elaborate process of getting pixelated, retro sigs but I'll try and explain it. I dusted off an old image processing project that I wrote some time ago to see if I could get some cool sigs with it. It still requires a somewhat decent jersey swap before hand which I'm also posting. 

Steps included: 
 - Manually done in PS/Gimp - 
1: Make a sig for your input into the program.  (graphics submission #1)

- Done via software -
2: The software then converts it to a CMYK image, then resizes it to a smaller resolution at your discretion.
3: It then runs a Floyd–Steinberg dithering pass on each of the C, M, Y, K color channels. 
4: Resizes the image back to original size using no interpolation in order to "preserve" the pixelated resolution. 
5: Saves the output. 

- Manually done in PS/Gimp - 
4: Open the output in PS/GIMP. At this point, the only colors in the image are Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Red, Green, Blue.
5: Color shift the yellow and magenta areas to better match the Hues in the team colors and original input image. 
6: Save as a png which improves saturation and brightness. Converting back to an RGB format (png) could be done in my software before output. 

1. [Image: JT4.png?ex=65dc77a0&is=65ca02a0&hm=7b8bf...470d88920&]
  2. [Image: JT_TBB4_noGCR_HT2_4cLines_50p.jpg?ex=65d...866a69938&]

[Image: 8FZ99SX.jpeg]

The above contributions were assessed by a panel of graders, who determined the following median values. For specific comments, please join the graphics discord and link your post in the “submission feedback” channel. From there, a grader will be able to offer you specifics on how to improve your graphics. This decision was reached with HO in an effort to increase graphic communication while lowering the turnaround times of the grading process.

Sig 1: 3.5 / 5 - $1.05M

Total: $1.05M

P.S. we decided to only grade one of the two and picked the second one with the filter.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]