Create Account

S75 PT#1: Orr What? Due: Monday, February 19th @ 11:59pm PST

Option 2: There are plenty of ways that exists to practice your hand-eye coordination and a lot of them don’t involve anything that has to do with hockey. However, a specify point of hand eye coordination in hockey is that it involves an object, the stick, a not one of your body parts. That means that if you want to improve your hand eye coordination in the context of playing hockey, you need to involve another object. A great way to improve your hand-eye coordination is to practice a sport where batting is involved like baseball or cricket. Cricket is probably the better choice because the ball can hit the ground before reaching you which is a good way to recreate situations that could happen during a hockey game. Another great way to practice hand eye coordination is getting a wooden stick, going on a trampoline and filling the trampoline with a couple of balls and then start jumped and try to hit the balls as many times as you can with the wooden stick when they come near you.

178 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Dev Pass

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

I was a goalkeeper for soccer, and I did a lot of hand-eye coordination exercises. The best one I've done is one where two small balls are thrown in opposite directions, you must catch the ball with the hand from the same side of where the ball was thrown. I know it may not be much, but I improved by peripheral vision tremendously, this also help my reaction time significantly. Another thing that helps hand-eye coordination ironically is video-games. Videogames often require a high-level of focus and hand-eye coordination, constantly testing your coordination even if it's something that is deemed as relaxing helps hone and enhance your coordination. The light game is a very famous one among athletes and the media where you have to tap the flashing lights or buttons in front of you before they go away. This is the most famous and most entertaining/fun one, many seem to enjoy it and it helps hone your skills.

Option 2

First thing I would tell them to try is to juggle the puck. Count how many times you can catch it without missing. Then maybe try with a stick and ball. Same deal, but that sucker is gonna bounce, I'd encourage batting it around into a wall or something and catch it as it comes back, forehand, backhand wherever it lands. Anyway, after that doesn't work and there's no progress, start having someone throw the puck at your head and train yourself that the only way to make sure it doesn't hit you is to bat it out of the air with your stick. You're gonna take some beans, but it'll be worth it, probably. Maybe a few teammates throwing a bunch at the same time, I'm not sure I'm naturally gifted so I didn't have to test this drill out. Speaking of drill, you're gonna want a doctor on speed dial because you're for sure taking a plug or two here.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Option 2

Back when Georg N'Zola was in his teen years he did some boxing for a few years before pursuing a proper career in hockey, one of the drills involved bouncing tennis balls off of ground with both palms, one at a time though. He would then take a leap towards the direction his boxing coach commanded the size 1/4ths of a circle with 2 steps and proceed his bouncing. Not only was this exercise good for your core, since if you did not have full control of your core you would bounce the ball all over the place and lose control, but to have the ball bounce the most proper heigh using the least possible amount of force to do so was extremely hard as well as keeping a constant eye on the ball if you would lose it. Sometimes you would have had to make a 1/4ths leap yourself because you lost control of the ball. Doing so by yourself did result in you getting a 5x5 at the end of the workout (5 situps, 5 pushups, 5 burpees, 5 squats, 5 pullups in order, 5 times)

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Task 2:

William Salming has a lot of experience in training a hand-eye coordination so he is definitely willing to help youngsters and give them some great and cool advices. The first tip is that you don't learn the skill in team practises. You need to be prepared and willing to learn it with your own spare time. My advice is to call some friends and go to the nearest park with them. Remember to bring with you two street hockey goals, tennis balls, floorball balls and pucks. Then tell your friends to shoot from 15-20 metres distance. Begin the drill with tennis or floorball balls because they are softer and bigger so it is easier to hit them. Do 120-150 repetitions. After that, switch to the pucks. After nearly 300 repetitions your hand-eye coordination is for sure better. And when the work is done, you can switch your mind set and play with friends normally 1v1 or 2v2 to empty goals.

[Image: salming.png]

Option 2:

Despite his famous lack of offensive prowess, Simo has always prided himself on having relatively good hands for somebody whose stock in trade has become dull, unflashy defense and credits one thing for it: juggling. The reasons should be fairly obvious - while at low levels it's easy to do, when you progress up past the three balls most folk who put in the effort to try can keep airborne it becomes exponentially tougher to track each ball and get your hand in position to contain the cycle. Simo can go further than just a recommendation, though - he's got science behind it.

Using a set-up Detroit have designed to test reaction speed and coordination, when one of the fresh Falcons came in before being drafted the test showed them with an average reaction speed of .631 seconds between one of the dozen pads lighting up and the player hitting it - not at all shabby, but with room for improvement. Ten minutes a day spent juggling with Simo and after two months, that score had dropped to .559. It's not a set-up that can be cheated or cheesed either, the only way to get better is with better hand-eye coordination and reaction speed. Science, boys!

[Image: Skree.gif]

Code:
If a teammate asked you how best to train hand-eye coordination, what advice would your player have for them? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.
Sometimes it is hard to help teammates out as its not always that they can see me...being a peanut of course.  The question arose on how to best assist in improving hand-eye coordination.  The first thing I would have them do is a training routine of video games.  Yes, video games.  In particular, first person shooters.  It helps train your brain to understand, without looking, targets to aim for and how your eyes track and your hands can follow.  From there we would upgrade to playing catch with tennis balls, to then moving on to bouncing tennis-balls off of the wall rapidly and attempting to catch them before moving on to an attempt at full on juggling.  Once a player starts to feel comfortable there, we can apply it to hockey with the stick.  That way, the hand following the brain training is done, now its just getting the feel on the stick to determine exactly what pressure needs to be applied for proper velocity to get the height, speed and location you want on the puck.

02-12-2024, 01:53 PMZerg Wrote: Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

Option 1:

Written Task: The very next night, your player is visited by the ghost of Bobby Orr. This seems rather incongruous with your mite coach's cliches about "playing the right way", as Mr Orr was hardly the model of a bottom six energy grinder. Bobby doesn't seem too interested in telling you details of how to correct your game, instead talking about his exploits and reminiscing. You wake up wondering if you had an unusually awkward dream, but then realize you're holding an authentic Bobby Orr-autographed pharmacy receipt from last Tuesday. What lessons does your player think they're meant to learn from this encounter with history's greatest offensive defenseman? If you could ask one question of the 80s superstar, what would it be, and what do you suspect the answer would be?

Graphic Task: Draw your player meeting their childhood idol.

Option 2:

Written Task: If a teammate asked you how best to train hand-eye coordination, what advice would your player have for them? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

Graphic Task: Draw your player playing a videogame and losing.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Monday, February 19th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only. If your player is S76, that's not you.
Option 2:

if I was asked on how the way I trained my hand, I coronation I go really close up to a wall and start throwing a tennis ball back to get my hand eye coronation on point and catching the balls as they’re coming rapidly back towards me after I throw them against the wall. Flex balls are really good for this, and that’s what I use

Code:
If a teammate asked you how best to train hand-eye coordination, what advice would your player have for them? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

I'm so glad you asked, dear teammate, because the answer can vary greatly and its really not just one thing. There are many activities you can complete that will help in this area and it comes down to personal preference and how much time you want to spend. 

Stickhandling: I recommend you spend a lot of time with stickhandling on the ice, as well as off the ice using a green biscuit or swedish stickhandling balls. I really like balls, starting with then red one and then moving to the translucent ball because it helps train your hands to feel and encourage you to keep your head up.

Batting Cages: Obviously our form is different here, but i feel like it helps with getting used to tracking a high speed object and adjusting your mechanics to make contact

SuperDeker: I could never afford one of these, but it helps with stickhandling practice (although not with keeping your head up)

Boxbollen: I saw this marketed on facebook and while i havent tried it myself, i think it would help. Its a lightweight ball attached to an elastic cord that straps to your head. You punch the ball repeatedly, aiming for progressivly higher touch streaks. The nature of our hand surfaces and knuckles, and the elastic cord seem like the would really help develop our ability to track the object. 

Juggling: I think this one is pretty obvious! I absolutely hate juggling, but tracking that many objects can only be beneficial. 

Tennis and wall work: Actual tennis yes, but also throwing a ball off the wall to yourself or letting a coach throw from behind you, as shown in Miracle. Helps with hand eye and reaction speed, kinda like a poor man's boxbollen. 

Hope all this helps, teammate! let me know if you need a parter for these activities sometime!

-Marek

\

Quote:Option 2:

Written Task: If a teammate asked you how best to train hand-eye coordination, what advice would your player have for them? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

Well, buddy, let me tell you the secrets of mastering hand-eye coordination in hockey! First off, forget about traditional training methods. We're talking about extreme hand-eye coordination here. So, grab yourself a blindfold and a sack of marbles. Yep, you heard me right. Blindfold up and start juggling those marbles like a circus performer. This will not only train your hand-eye coordination but also your spatial awareness.

Next, let's dial up the intensity. Get yourself a tennis racket and a bucket of water balloons. Set up a firing squad of teammates armed with those balloons and start batting them away like a pro. This will simulate the chaos of a fast-paced game situation while honing your reflexes and precision.

Finally, for the grand finale, we're taking it to the ice. Strap on your skates and juggle flaming torches while skating backwards. Okay, maybe not the torches, but you get the idea. Embrace the madness, my friend, and watch your hand-eye coordination skyrocket!

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

ISFL PT (username is Drizzy)

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Practicing hand eye coordination is tough. Pass Forfeit would suggest to his teammates to buy one of those dog cones and do a 1:1 with him. The drill would be to stick handle with limited visibility of what is going on down below while Pass comes charging at them out of nowhere. It doesn't really work that well and hasn't been play tested that thoroughly so it would mostly be pass showing off and teasing the player until he gets tired or possibly better at the sport. After 90 minutes of this rigorous exercise, he'd get them to relax with a nice chill playthrough of It Takes Two, but only the part where there is the plaformer challenge in the town level. They have to make it up that and shoot the fireworks on their first try or else they need to do 3 laps around the rink. Is this a humane drill? No. But does it work? No probably not.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Option 1:
[Image: image.png?ex=65de0c85&is=65cb9785&hm=90d...8bbdababb&]

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium

Option 2 - written task

During morning practice and after all the coaches drills the players often hang around and try some things on the ice or just take some shots on the ice. While Boots is leaning on his stick in the corner, Lil Berg skates up and asks for some tips on training his hand eye coordination. Unsure as to why Bergy has asked Boots this question, he answer him anyway. 

"Bergy, here's what I do." Boots says as he skates towards the milk crate holding many pucks and knocks it over. "You stand back there and I'll lob a few pucks at you. You sit on the ice and hold your stick in the middle and try to use the knob of your stick or your blade to try and stop them!"

Boots starts shooting pucks at Bergy, mostly soft shots but occasionally a couple hard ones. Donskoi skates over and asks what we're doing and Boots says to just start shooting pucks at Bergy. Then McBride comes over and starts doing the same. Suddenly anyone else left on the ice is over firing pucks at Bergy while he's just sitting on the ice trying to defend himself with a stick.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]