Create Account

S75 PT#1: Orr What? Due: Monday, February 19th @ 11:59pm PST

Dunkler held the puzzling receipt with the hall of famer’s signature and pondered his next move. Was he supposed to visit the pharmacy on the paper? Or avoid it? Who really bought the . . . “Generic Brand Gas Relief Pills x 500” ? It couldn’t have been Bobby Orr right? The one thing that was for sure is that there were a lot of questions and not many answers. Dunkler was hoping to be able to get some pointers from the former Bruin on how to mold his game entering the league as a rookie. Should he try to minimize mistakes or try to make a splash with his play? Orr would probably tell Sowerwine to roll the dice and go for the higher impact play. You can always clean up a mistake, but you can’t convince people you could’ve scored that goal when you didn’t. Dunkler still has a whole season in the J ahead of him before he will actually touch SHL ice.

[Image: 88pk1Hz.png]

Option 1:

Bobby Tkachuky would wake up form his Bobby Orr dream in amassment as he believes he's meet one of the games greats that shares the same first name Bobby. Bobby Orr would have told Bobby to be more of a star, He would want Bobby to playless the right way and play like a superstar. This would bum Bobby out as he knows he hasn't been playing up to his potential as of late in the season. Bobby knows he has to put the team on his back to help lead them out of the current slump. Bobby wouldn't just have  one question for Bobby Orr he's not wired to want know one thing. Bobby would rather just have a full conversation about Bobby Orr's experience in league back in the 80s. That would be a long answer and Bobby Tkachuky has no idea what the answer would be because he doesn't even know what hockey was like in the 80s.

[Image: ThkcuFb.png]
[Image: e4CexU0.png]

So 2nd prompt and I could for sure see a few of the other younger defensive players getting advice from Isaac since offensively he does pretty well at that stuff these days.

Now the real answer out of character would be "bro just put more TPE into puck handling and you will do better at that shit" but in character it would probably be followed by a hundred questions of "Why are you asking me?" trying to find a hidden reason they are asking. Paranoia is not a new concept within this league so a character doing it with anger issues makes sense too.

After all of that he would probably see what level the player is at to begin with just to scope the level they were at before deciding on a super intensive training that truly focus on improving that skill through repetitive and strict training. No excuses. That is what it takes to forces better skills! Or they can quit and still struggle at it.

[168 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Written Task / Option 2

This might sound crazy, but the advice I would give my teammate to train hand-eye coordination would be to play more video games. I have played video games my whole life, and I am convinced that I can contribute my solid hand-eye coordination to playing these games. I really do believe that the constant mental stimulation, combined with being quick with my hands and fingers, has allowed me to be at my best. Specifically, I recommend that timed/puzzle games like Tetris be played. I think that having that stress of a timer and needing your hands to keep up with your mind makes for a good training exercise and will make my teammate really develop in that area. I also think that the more they play these games, the more natural it will feel. Ultimately, this video game training will lead to hand-eye coordination being better on the ice and making a huge impact for our team.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

Option 1

Ok so wait. After her mite coach's ghost mysteriously showed up after their unfortunate molasses sandwich incident (we're still a little unclear on the details of what happened there), now she's in the presence of the ghost of Bobby Orr?? Now Mia really knows she's gotta be dreaming, even despite the autographed pharmacy receipt. Her best guess is maybe she fell into a daydream and asked the pharmacist to sign an autograph in a bit of a trance and they just complied to get rid of her. Regardless, Mia's thankful Mr Orr wasn't there to talk about her game but rather to reminisce, because she would just want to know what it was like to play back in the day. It seems to her like hockey was a totally different sport in the 80s and she just wants to know what it was like, how it felt in the moment, and how he thinks he'd do in today's league. She expects his views on things would be a little old fashioned, but there's no denying the man could play hockey and has a few amazing stories to share.

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid and swoosh for sigs!
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2024, 11:31 PM by Grybyx. Edited 1 time in total.)

Option 2:
The best way to improve Hand-eye coordination is to pound a few beers everyday. Beer can relax muscles and ease tension, leading to improved motor skills and coordination.

Alcohol in small amounts can enhance reaction time and hand-eye coordination. It's believed that this is due to alcohol's ability to temporarily suppress inhibitions and anxiety, allowing individuals to perform tasks more fluidly and without thinking about them. Additionally, alcohol can increase dopamine levels in the brain, which will heighten focus.

It's important to note that excessive alcohol consumption can have the opposite effect, impairing coordination and motor skills significantly. The key lies in limiting yourself to a few beers a day maximum anything more and you could turn out like one of the drunks stumbling their way down alleyways downtown.

The effects of alcohol can vary from person to person depending on factors like body weight so for larger members of the team you may have to have 3 beers where the lighter members will only need 1 or 2 beers to achieve the same result.

Option 2

Short Answer for my teammate: EA SPORTS SHL 2071. Long answer: Virtual reality. They do it in baseball in 2024, I don't know why they could not do it in hockey in 40+ years. By using virtual reality, ythe idea is to develop muscle memory and help real-time visualization with immersive and realistic environments. It can provide training in almost 360 degrees, record where the eye is looking, and help the staff with feedback and analysis. And what better way to develop your hand-eye coordination than playing SHL 2071 on the Playstation 16. In a sim, you can feel the pressure of a good forecheck and have to make a quick move, you perform in real-life scenarios, and you can create routines in which you repeat, repeat, repeat the same tasks over and over. My teammate is already good, they are in the big league, and they need a little bit of practice, and develop that muscle memory.

WC: 162.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2024, 04:06 AM by Katth. Edited 1 time in total.)

Option 2

Best way to train hand eye coordination is to get absolutely wasted and then go on the ice and do some drills and shoot some pucks. I really do not know what else to do here. You can take beers or any other hard liquor just before you are going to your drills on the ice. So whatever works best for you, do it. Might even have to pop some xtc or smoke some weed to help you get there faster. It is the times when you can not see straight or move straight is when you improve your hand eye coordination the best. When you can shoot a puck straight at the net when absolutely wasted is when you have improved your hand eye coordination. Do some skating drills in between and be careful not to puke on the ice. That is just not nice for the maintenance crew. So this is my take on it.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Simmer PT Pass

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

[Image: IMG_8895.png?ex=65e071ae&is=65cdfcae&hm=...282e0009c&]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Option 2:

When you are training for hand eye coordination there is no better way then to have the player stand in front of the net and let other players take slap shots on repeat. Eventually you will start to figure it out and start tipping those shots into the net. Of course you are probably going to be black and blue after as well but that is part of the training. If that isn’t enough off the ice you can work on playing keep the ball up with a soccer ball or hack sack and work on juggling balls and reacting to them being tossed off the wall. All these are valid ways but nothing will top the on ice experience of trying to keep the puck up on your stick or trying to knock in a slap shot coming at 80+ miles per hour at you. There are plenty of ways to go about it but that is the most fun for everyone else.

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

Code:
Written Task: The very next night, your player is visited by the ghost of Bobby Orr. This seems rather incongruous with your mite coach's cliches about "playing the right way", as Mr Orr was hardly the model of a bottom six energy grinder. Bobby doesn't seem too interested in telling you details of how to correct your game, instead talking about his exploits and reminiscing. You wake up wondering if you had an unusually awkward dream, but then realize you're holding an authentic Bobby Orr-autographed pharmacy receipt from last Tuesday. What lessons does your player think they're meant to learn from this encounter with history's greatest offensive defenseman? If you could ask one question of the 80s superstar, what would it be, and what do you suspect the answer would be?

Kind of strange to be visited by a dude that ain't dead yet, but I'll roll with it. One could argue Bobby Orr was playing the right way and everyone else wasn't seeing as he was so successful at his job, but I guess if the goal is to become the premier power bottom then maybe Bobby Orr isn't exactly the best comparison. The lesson Oskar Scholz takes from the bizarre dream encounter is that even NHL superstars are regular people like you and me. They need to run errands, they need to take meds for their sore bodies, and they love talking about themselves. If Oskar could go back and ask one question of Mr. Orr it would be who does he think is the best hockey player of all time and why is it Gordie Howe? Also, he was a 70s superstar. I think you might be thinking of a different famous Ontarian for the 80s.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

PBE PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]