Create Account

S75 PT#1: Orr What? Due: Monday, February 19th @ 11:59pm PST

ISFL affiliate

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

PT Pass

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

Prompt 2:

Leo Roze doesn’t have the great hand eye coordination. He’s much better at using his whole body than his stick but he will sometimes try to train. He remembers he was told one time that baseball players are very good with hand eye coordination so to train he trained with a professional baseball team. He was with them all during the offseason and practiced hitting and catching. When he got back to the ice what he would do to train was have teammates throw the pucks in the air like a baseball and he would try to hit them while they were still midair. He got pretty good at this, being pretty consistent on hitting the pucks out of the air. When he tried to see if his regular hockey hand eye got any better, it just got worse in all that time. Roze then realized maybe the two sports don’t exactly line up with eachother on skill sets

[Image: Rn4Vt1E.png]

ISFL affiliate +(Dindog)

PBE Affiliate

Shawn Pawn does not really have a lot of original thought which allows him to be molded into a very stellar athlete. Shawn Pawn tends to use media, whether that be podcasts, movies, songs or television shows to develop knowledge about things. Shawn Pawn recalls watching an episode of Scrubs where an obsessive compulsive surgeon, played by Michael J. Fox comes into the hospital acting as a mentor. Here Michael J. Fox displays a lot of faults and triumphs but in the realm of dexterity, Shawn Pawn always thinks of the scene where Michael J. fox is bonding with one of the surgeons he passes along to Turk (played by Donald Faison) something that in the moment was viewed as a party or bar trick where he takes a larger sized coin and flips it across the topside of his knuckles. Turk laughs it off at the time thinking it was cool. You can often see this displayed by professional poker players at the world series of poker. Through the ups and downs of the episode Turk comes to realize the lesson that was being taught.

Affiliate ISFL PT

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]

isfl pt

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

PBE affiliate

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2024, 01:18 AM by Runningman434. Edited 1 time in total.)

Written Task: If a teammate asked you how best to train hand-eye coordination, what advice would your player have for them? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

Growing up in Liverpool, Sean Davies was no stranger to life on the pitch and was quite a solid CB growing up. One drill he noticed his teammates in goal doing was a drill with 5 rows of 10 or so cones all unevenly space. A coach would launch a ball hard on the ground toward the cones, and the gk would have to make a save on the ball after it took a random deflection or two on the way through. Such unpredictability forces the gk to improve their reactions and hand-eye coordination to make a save. Davies would recommend something like this as a cross training exercise of sorts. You could maybe even adapt it to use pucks in a sort of hockey plinko machine. Of course, there's always the "Miracle" strategy of having a coach play wall ball with you. Heck the whole team could get in on that. It would be just like middle school recess all over again.

The best way to train your hand eye coordination is by playing the video game league of legends. Inactive forever himself has been playing for over 10 years and has even reached rank silver one time in those 10 years! Clearly it's working out for him and he lets all of his teammates know. Everyone who has tried it that he's convinced has passed him in rank and this enraged Inactive forever. They have seen great improvements in their hand eye coordination! Forever says that he is sure that it helps him with his hand eye, it just has to right? He's put in so much time and effort over 10 years so there must be some sort of tangible improvement in something other than his rank! It definitely helps with hand eye because if it doesn't then Forever has basically wasted a bunch of time on the game and that cant be possibly true

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

The best way to improve your hand eye is to practice it honestly though out your training and try to do stuff that will improve your fast twitch muscles and try to be someone is has good agility and can move quickly not just moving fast. I think being able to focus on a specific thing could help with your hand eye and just working on body control and stuff like that will help your hand eye coordination in my opinion.

I think these are good ways to be better at hand eye but I think it's something that you should practice on a regular basis and focus on it as its something that you definitely can get better at through hard work and determination. And it's something that I think you can see results in n when you put in the time to get better at it.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Written Task: The very next night, your player is visited by the ghost of Bobby Orr. This seems rather incongruous with your mite coach's cliches about "playing the right way", as Mr Orr was hardly the model of a bottom six energy grinder. Bobby doesn't seem too interested in telling you details of how to correct your game, instead talking about his exploits and reminiscing. You wake up wondering if you had an unusually awkward dream, but then realize you're holding an authentic Bobby Orr-autographed pharmacy receipt from last Tuesday. What lessons does your player think they're meant to learn from this encounter with history's greatest offensive defenseman? If you could ask one question of the 80s superstar, what would it be, and what do you suspect the answer would be?

I feel the ghost of Bobby Orr showed up because I have been mulling when to retire lately. So Bobby is symbolic of a retired legend, and I guess I wonder if I could put myself in that category. While Bobby Orr may very well have been a solid defensive defenseman, nobody will ever know because what he is most remembered for is being the greatest offensive defenseman of all time. So I think what Bobby was trying to tell me, was that if you have talents that set you apart from everyone else, like of you are the fastest skater or have the best shot, then you should absolutely use those talents to the best of your abilities, and set yourself apart from the average player. There's tons of good to great players, but what sets you apart from everybody else that you can hang your hat on at the end of your career? For Grogu, while he is yet to win a Cup, he I think will be remembered as one of the best 2-way players in the FHM8 era. He won 4 consecutive Jeff Dar awards, which no other player has done. Also he holds the record for most takeaways in a single season. Career wise, he's coming up on 900 career points, and while 1000 is maybe not the unreachable milestone it used to be, it is still something that not a lot of players have done. If I could ask one question, I would ask why he is considered an 80's superstar when his peak years were late 60's to early 70's. Wink

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Option 2: The best way to work on your hand eye coordination is by juggling. Just grab 2 or 3 pucks, if you are feeling bold, and start juggling them in the air with your hands. After you have mastered being able to keep 3 pucks in the air now you can start using your stick. just juggle one puck on your blade tossing it up and catching it. the longer you can keep it in the air, start to throw it higher. then mix in low and high tosses. this will make you coordinated at knocking those flip passes out of the air much better. now if you want to master the art of redirecting pucks out of the air you already have a strong foundation. just flip the puck up on your stick and give it a high toss, instead of catching it this time just smack it with your blade. Now you will be able to get the feeling of timing and the speed to hit pucks out of the air in the direction you want. Congratulations you are now ready to do lacrosse moves.

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France