Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive 2 - Futures of the 75 SHL Lotto Teams
(This post was last modified: 02-18-2024, 07:58 PM by Scrufdaddy. Edited 2 times in total.)

There is a lot of talent at the top of the S76 class, and while one class cannot make a Challenge Cup (usually), I wanted to look at potential teams Jamie Fraser could end up with (arrogantly assuming I'm a lotto pick) and what their window looks like. I will be looking at players not far in to regression by the time Fraser hits the SHL (S79, so players S70 and younger) and picks in the upcoming seasons (75-79, the ones up for trade). I will be summarizing it into max earners (>86% TPE/max earned), mid earners (>60% TPE/max earned), future 1sts, and future 2nds, while ignoring min earners and later picks. 

The cut and dry:
Montreal Patriotes (8 1sts / 5 2nds / 9 max / 0 mid)
Montreal, in full rebuild mode, has no wins as we close in on the midpoint of the season. They are positioned excellently for the future, picking @Kalakar 1oa last season, having a solid pull full of well earning talent. They have enough assets to build out a contending roster but they might look to trade out of this season's or next season's lottery to get a few more assets to give them safety and flexibility as they establish a window. I personally would enjoy being on a team with Kal ran by my close friend @Benpachi

Manhattan Rage (5 1sts / 7 2nds / 11 max / 5 mid) 
Close to the end of their pool-building, the Rage have almost a full roster already composed for the future. Add in my former Co-GM @Canadice's eventual recreate and a collection of people I know well such as @kahri, and they are on the verge of their ascent. I would not be a top option on the roster, but they would be ready to compete by the time I get there and maybe I can repay the Cup losses I helped deliver last decade. 

Seattle Argonauts (8 1sts / 15 2nds / 8 max / 6 mid)
The team I was with when I beat the Rage, Seattle has transitioned into a rebuild with a massive asset pool and a blooming Carolina pipeline with my current teammates @jacobcarson877 and @Rtpc31. Seattle has the deepest futures pool of any SHL team right now (prospects and future picks) and I always appreciate a team who's willing to pick up major amounts of mid round picks, and these should be super valuable in components of trade ups to get the last specific pieces they need to contend. 

The better teams who traded for these picks:
(via CGY) Buffalo Stampede (7 1sts / 4 2nds / 11 max / 7 mid)
The team that always seems to have a high pick despite their success, Buffalo has enough assets to have a max earning roster for the window we're looking at though I might not be first on their board. The ammount of talent on the roster right now is very impressive though, and it'd be fun to ride those coat tails. 

(via NOL) Toronto North Stars (8 1sts / 5 2nds / 15 max / 6 mid) 
Beginning their ascent now, the North Stars have been a picturesque example of how to transition from rebuild to climb. Their 8 first have them tied for the lead alongside Montreal and Seattle, but the also have the young player talent resembling Buffalo, an impressive combination of asset management. It would be hard to break into this roster, but it's loaded and promising.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

poor @Mazatt always the forgotten Kraken on Manhattan

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

02-16-2024, 01:15 PMkahri Wrote: poor @Mazatt always the forgotten Kraken on Manhattan

I only was tagging 2 per team :(

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Waste of a tag on me...

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

Approved @sve7en @CptSquall

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

02-16-2024, 01:15 PMkahri Wrote: poor @Mazatt always the forgotten Kraken on Manhattan
2nd round picks like me don't get that lime light Sad

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]