Create Account

S75 PT#2: Bobby Oh-Boy Due: Monday, February 26th @ 11:59pm PST

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]

PT pass

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Option 2:

As someone who prides themselves on their skating, I never skip leg day. It's the most important skill to have as a player and there's no shortage of practice you can do to hone your skating. It's not just speed, but cutting, pivoting, turning, back skating, all the different movements you can do can give you the edge on the ice. I don't think you can ever find too many skating drills to complete.

Some of the ones I like are circuit training along the lines on the ice. You basically skate along the lines on the ice in different ways and directions. You build up a groove and get comfortable skating in all different ways which helps you in game for situations that arise. I also love practicing my starting burst from different stances at a stand still. It helps me blow the zone when we get a turnover, but also helps me get back on defence if we cough it up. You need that quick burst and acceleration to keep up with the great skaters in the SHL so I make sure to work on it.

(188 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
33-12-1
Regular Season - [G 6] [A 8] [Pts 14] [+/- +25] [PIM 30] [Hits 22] [SB 87]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Option 2 Written Task: Improving as an ice hockey skater at the professional level demands a multifaceted approach, combining rigorous training, specialized drills, and a keen understanding of biomechanics and technique. Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava dedicate countless hours to honing his skating skills, as mastery of this fundamental aspect of the game is crucial for success on the ice. For Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava a robust off-ice conditioning program is essential for developing the strength, power, and endurance necessary for high-level skating. This typically includes strength training exercises targeting the legs, core, and stabilizing muscles, as well as cardiovascular workouts to enhance overall fitness. Plyometric exercises such as box jumps and agility drills can also help improve explosiveness and agility, translating directly to improved skating performance. Slava Ukraini Heroyam Slava also spends significant time on the ice practicing specific skating drills designed to enhance various aspects of their technique. These drills may focus on stride length and frequency, crossovers, transitions, edgework, and stopping techniques. Skating coaches work closely with players to identify areas for improvement and tailor drills to address specific weaknesses.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

Option 2: Salzberger has found plenty of different ways to train his legs. Of course, Salzberger still does strength train which is probably something that every athlete who uses his leg does on a regular basis. Salzberger will use the leg press and do squads regularly. His will also use other gym machines to strengthen other parts of his legs like his calves and his hamstrings. On top of the traditional strength training, Salzberger works on his skating by improving his explosiveness which means pushing his leg really hard for a small amount of time which is close to what you do in hockey which is a bunch of small shifts followed by a break. To work on his explosiveness, Salzberger does cross-country skiing and he climbs mountains. During his cross-country skiing session, he will to interval training in which he needs to give his all for a small amount of time and then go at a slow pace. When he hikes up a mountain, Salzberger will find spots where he needs to make a sprint that lasts a good 30 to 45 seconds which is a good leg workout due to the inclination of the mountain.

195 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Prompt 1: Jarrod Lakemore is a power forward and certainly wasn't known for his dekes or toe drags, instead of relying on his size and reach to keep defenders at bay. So he was as surprised as anyone when bringing the puck up the ice during he practice, he suddenly backhand toe dragged past one defender, spun away from a second, before roofing the puck over the shocked goalie's blocker. He hardly even had any reaction after doing it, just coasting along in surprise as the rest of the skaters stared at him in disbelief. Finally one of the coaches broke the awkwardness, yelling "Lakemore! Where has that been the past 4 years?" After some subdued laughter, Lakemore immediately recalls his dream about Bobby O. Was he somehow subconsciously inspired to pull that move off by the dream? Did he have the ability to pull off moves like that this whole time within him but never had bothered trying them? Was there even more hidden potential he could unlock within himself? Or was it just a fluke and he'd look stupid if he ever attempted it in a real game? Maybe he would take some time to practice that move again on his own, away form prying eyes before bringing it out in a game situation. (217 words)

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Option 1:

With the legs of ol' Sato not being what they were used to despite training in acceleration this week, the coaches have decided to still utilize Ryosuke's defensive abilities. And such, Ryosuke Sato has transitioned from a two-way defenseman to more of a mobile, stay-at-home defenseman. He's blocking as many shots as the other top defenders in the league and has the third highest number of saves behind the two goalies on the team. Honestly this transition was expected for Sato as he's preparing to let the young rookies take the limelight in the offensive zone. His teammates definitely appreciate him falling back as well and covering them when needed. Overall, the transition to a purely defensive defenseman was a win-win-win situation for the team as the coaches have their guy to stay back and cover the breakouts, teammates feel more comfortable pinching, and Sato himself is enjoying getting all these shots blocked at his age.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Task 2:

William Salming trains skating the way it is supposed to be trained. You don't learn to skate in the gym. You don't learn to skate in the running park. You don't learn to skate in a library. You don't learn to skate in the athletics field. You don't learn to skate in the swimming pool. You learn to skate on the ice. So, Salming has an individual instructor every summer. He pays for him a lot of money and they skate twice a week even in the summer. They do different kind of drills which help Salming to turn faster and be more agile. So, Salming's tip to all future prospects is that remember to skate also on the summer. Otherwise you lose the touch to the ice and it takes a lot of time to catch it back. You will begin season fast and efficient if you skate in June and July instead of doing only leg workouts.

[Image: salming.png]

PT Pass

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Option 2 Written Task

Interviewer: So how does your player develop their skating skill as they do seem like quite the dancer on the ice?

Agent Tesla: The easiest way to develop any given skill is to practice it. If you want to become a better artist you draw every day, if you want to become a better writer you write every day, and if you want to become a better skater you skate every day. Now that is simple enough, however the key to training beyond your peer group is to be able to dilate time so that each individual day gives you more hours to work with as you train. Courtesy of my existence as a nigh-omnipotent planeswalker giving Dave a decade of experience a day is of infinitesimal effort.

Interviewer: Did you just say nigh-omnipotent?

Agent Tesla: Yes. Now that by itself should be more than enough to take someone from mediocre to magnificent in any given skill, however I go a step beyond that by cloning my player Dave scores of times to have each individual Dave train under varying circumstances. Some use rollerblades on bad roads for example. Then every year in the dilated time I fuse them all back together to synergize their skill developments to make sure that Dave progresses at a steady pace.

Interviewer: You're just messing with me at this point, right?

Agent Tesla: Yeah. Honestly I just poke some buttons in the outerverse and he suddenly gets better. That isn't as fun an answer though is it?

Interviewer: I guess not.

Code:
Word Count: 257

Prompt 2:

The best way Beck trains for his dominance on the ice is simple: push-ups. If push-ups were good enough for the Yankees to win a world war 80 years ago, they are good enough for Beck to use to train his body into on-ice swoleness. Sure, Beck is Swiss, but that shouldn't stop him from adopting the world's best workout. And as he gets older, Marcel realizes that all these new-fangled workout techniques with rubber bands and iphones are more frill and pomp than actual substance. For all that, you are bound to a place. With pushups, you could workout at the mall, at a wedding, at church, in a limo, on top of a building, wherever he pleases. You may ask, how does he train legs then? And I say pushups are a soul workout that improves every fiber of the body and of the soul - no need for that other hobwash.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Dunkler was inspired by his freaky dream with Bobby Orr to do something "outrageous" to impress his teammates and coaching staff. Orr told him to break through the false barriers of the two way defensemen archetype. He was a little worried about the SMJHL paparazzi and what they would say about any changes to his game. Orr had answers for that too, telling Dunkler that the media monkeys would invite him to their plastic pantomime. "Throw their invites away!" the hall of famer said. Pondering the advice he got from a freaky dream once more, Dunkler wasn't quite sure how to be good at hockey and "outrageous" at the same time. What does that even mean? It sounds like doing something outrageous in a hockey game would just get a penalty and maybe even a suspension in the most extreme case. Extreme . . . Most Extreme . . . That sounds familiar. Dunkler ran to his VHS collection and grabbed the tape, "Most Extreme Elimination Challenge". He turned it on and began taking frantic notes at the numerous moves the gameshow contestants used. This would come in handy at the next practice!

Code:
Your supernatural encounter with Bobby Orr last week leaves you somewhat shaken. However, the next day at practice, you skate forward, baffle your defense, and roof one right past your goalie like old Bobby himself. Yes, if you're a goalie, you still did this as a joke that went much, much better than you planned.

Do you suddenly consider switching positions or playstyle? Does your coach consider switching you? Are you confused as to how you pulled that off, do you laugh it off and move on, or what? How do your teammates respond?

And are you looking forward to your next visit, the Ghost of Hockey Present?

As the shot railed to the top corner above the goaltender, I initially brushed it off.  I've gotten five goals so far this season so its not like I can't get lucky once and a while.  Not really thinking, I took the puck back toward the blue line and came again, this time dazzling some fancy puck handling and going past the goalie again.  I stopped and thought back to the visit the night prior, looked down at my stick in disbelief and at my hands, which were now obviously shaking.

I skated once again in front of the net and as soon as I hit the crease I leapt, making myself fully parallel to the ice before crashing down on it.  I knew then, despite the fancy shooting I was going to be that sort of Defensive player.  My teammates laughed as I picked myself up off the ice and my coach yelled to stop goofing off.

I was now looking forward to the next ghastly meeting.