Create Account

S75 PT#2: Bobby Oh-Boy Due: Monday, February 26th @ 11:59pm PST

After the weird Ambien fueled night terror with the specter of Bobby Orr the night prior, Rence is lights out in practice the next morning. He's been having a down season in his fourth season in the J and this is a welcome relief to Rence and his teammates. Betzee Nickelback, who has been absolutely on fire this season, even came over to fan him down after a bar down beauty in a rush drill. Rence is relieved, but is conflicted if he should keep taking Ambien as a sleep aid before games to keep Bobby Orr coming at night. He ultimately decides that this is not a wise mental health decision and will take less production to avoid substance dependence for sleep. He rides out the rest of practice and goes home to immediately flush the pills down the toilet. Goodbye, Bobby Orr. It's been real weird.

150 words

Option 2

Aksel is getting older, and it takes longer for him to warm up and cool down if he doesn't want to limp around for the three days following a game. Nowadays, he gets to the rink a couple hours earlier than his teammates and bikes for a while, until his muscles feel loose enough to work them. Then he grabs the elastic bands and crabwalks across the room, rotating his hips and squatting til his quads burn. Then he works on his back and arms, until the guys start coming into the gym and heckling him. It's long and a lot of work, but the team PT says it's good at mitigating injury so he'll keep at it. Post-game cooldowns mainly consist of a lot of yoga. It winds him down mentally and physically, slows his breathing and gets him out of the weird fight or flight mode that games tend to send him into.

155 words

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

So Kevin is not always known as the leg day guy. But for skating purposes only, Kevin unfortunately has to go to the gym. The bad thing about going professional in hockey is that you can't miss a leg day. His workouts consists of varieties of weight, calisthenic and cardio which are all crippling. For weights, he goes with squat related workouts (plus calf raises) which is the worst of the worst. Then for calisthenics, he goes for workouts like one legged squats which build up strength in various areas of the body which helps when skating. Finally, for cardio, Kevin Kim just goes with the simple treadmill and cycle which works wonderfully when going at a fast pace consistently. Although Kevin and many other people despise leg day, it is essential to keep up in this extremely fast paced sport of hockey. Somedays he needs to take pain killers to stay alive.

[Image: hbtB38x.png]
                                                  Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic for the sig!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png] 

Code:
Written Task: How does your player train skating? Leg workouts? Bag skates for days? Some combination of the above? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

As a pure power forward Cal Juice does two things to train for hockey. Weights and shooting. Weights hard and ripping shots after practice every single day. Players are only going to be faster and stronger once he makes it to the SHL so it's all about really bulking up and making sure he can fight for position in front of the net, win board battles, out skate anyone on the ice and never be tired in any situation. If you do all of that you'll bury the chances that you get, at least a good portion of them. While everyone is tired at the end of a shift you've still got enough left in the tank to make that extra move and put it in the back of the net. And of course if you get lucky enough to be in prime shooting position as happens once or twice a game you always have to have your shot dialed in to be able to bury it.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

#2 prompt

Toasty's skating is likely his weakest skill set with so much attention going into defense and positioning. He has a hard time jumping into offensive plays but compensates with the elite defense he has given San Francisco over the seasons. Skating is still one of the most important things to train though and Toasty definitely takes care of that in his workouts by focusing on leg workouts and his stamina with cardio. A typical day in the gym involves a lot of leg presses and running while pushing weights to give his cardio that extra bit of work that it needs. Toasty is still developing as the seasons go on and with the work that he is putting into the gym routine it seems like there is still the chance that his skating will improve before his skills beging to regress. We'll see how he develops in the seasons to come! Skating is definitely one of the more important things to work on for defensive defenders and it might be the last thing Toasty needs to become one of the elite defensive players in the league.

Code:

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

ISFL Affiliate (Username Nathan)

[Image: 1wgIGr9.png]
[Image: MEAGHER.png]
Credit Maxy and Merica for sigs

ISFL Affliate

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

Carter Crutchfield is not looking at switching positions or playstyle following the visit from the supernatural encounter with Bobby Orr. He’s already a defenceman, and this is his job to be playing like that. If anything, he will be more confident in playing aggressively offensively going forward. The Anchorage Armada didn’t know that Carter had it in him, gently teasing him that his offense reminded them of how his dad, Chris used to play in the SHL. That’s a good sign for the young defender, who is trying to make his name for the San Francisco Pride, much like his father made his name for himself for the Los Angeles Panthers. Hopefully the sunny state can shine some sun on both the offensive and defensive skill of young Carter Crutchfield.

Unfortunately, Crutchfield is not looking forward to the visit from the ghost of Connor Blackwell, who will likely derail the career of the promising young defender. Hopefully Blackwell doesn’t show up until late into Carter Crutchfield’s career.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

Prompt 2:
Leg day is the most important day at the gym, and Roze would never miss it. Leo wakes up extra early on leg day because he’s just so excited. He’ll go and work out and then instantly get onto the ice and do skating drills for 5 hours. Leo doesn’t really know how to make his own drills though so he’ll just end up skating in between cones and pretending what he’s doing is the best possible drill. One time his junior coach caught him on the ice and was impressed with his dedication until he saw what he was doing, just skating in a big circle. His junior coach tried to show him good skating drills he can do by himself but Leo believes simple is better for skating, so he’ll continue to just skate in circles and maybe sometimes put some cones out so that he can keep getting better

[Image: ROZESIG.png?ex=6622170a&is=660fa20a&hm=2...height=655]

Option 2 

When Lasse first came into the league his skating was good yes, but not good enough to compete with the top players around the league. It was hard to chase down the other team, falling behind lots, let alone being left in the dust by his own teammates. So the most common idea is to skate your legs out, gain muscle, etc. Lasse did nearly the exact opposite. He sat down in his house, not moving, watching YouTube videos on skating technique. Longer strides, yet quick feet, using your edges to its maximum potential. Then going to practice later after that to practice those techniques, and what do you know, Lasse now isn’t falling behind in the back, but keeping pace and beating some of his teammates in races. Certain parts of hockey aren’t specifically all about muscle and strength, but technique to use everything you have to its maximum potential. 

163 Words

S72 Best Season of All Time
[Image: S72_IIHF_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5898&is=6609e...height=662]      [Image: S72_4-STAR_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5873&is=660...height=662]

prompt two the one about training skating

binko has a very special method for training his skating in order to skate well in his hockey games in the simulation hockey league. now what is this special method you may ask? (i know @Jepox and @micool132 and @hotdog are definitely asking) well binko uses his big brain to think about skating and he thinks so hard that its like a simulation so hes doing simulated training for simulated hockey which kind of makes sense like he just lays in bed imagining himself skating and thinking about the motions and how to improve them and mostly he does this when it is early in the evening like right after an early dinner and he promises himself that he will focus very hard on thinking about skating and that he will definitely not fall asleep and slowly but surely he will drift off into a nice little slumber going honk mi mi mi mi mi honk mi mi mi mi mi and wake up the next morning realizing that he barely managed to train his skating

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Cormier trains his skating in a few ways. Like most hockey players, his strength training days does include a lot of lower body focused activities to help strengthen the kuscles he uses while skating and to help provide stability and balance. That said a large part of training to be a good skater isn't actually strength training. Technique is everything and to make sure he is doing things in a way thats efficient and provides results, Cormier works with a figure skating coach. Lets face it, they're some of the best and most technically proficient skaters for a reason and their alternate view on skating techniques compared to hockey coaches can provide some very valuable insight as to how to increase explosiveness, top speed, and agility. They've been an incredible help working on cormier's edge work, maintaining speed around corners, and pushing off in the right way to get back to top speed as efficiently as possible.

“Huh” my coach says as he sees me skating back toward him after picking apart three defenders and roofing the absolute dog shit out of a puck in practice. Top cheddar. “I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while,” Coach continues, “Gablogian, do it again!”

This is my chance to show coach I have changed. He is watching me like a hawk, but I’m not worried. I was visited by the greatest offensive defenseman of all time last night and somehow apparently I absorbed his goal scoring prowess. Time to show coach I’m not a pylon and I can actually contribute to this team in a meaningful way.

I gather the puck and head for the defenders. I juke and dangle and duck and dive past the first defender, then past the second defender, then I deke left, then right, back hand top cheddar in the exact same spot for another goal. I look coach dead in his eyes and realize he’s looking at me from above. I’m laying on the ice??

“Are you okay son? As soon as you got on the ice today, you tried some wild deking shit that everybody knows you can’t do and you caught an edge with your skate so hard you landed on your head and knocked yourself out. It’s okay. We’ll call your mom to come pick you up.”

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Option 2:

Elly being a natural born predator (of cuddles) has a bit of an edge on other players due to her body and senses, however she still had to get used to the ice for games. She started out by using her claws and helping them give her traction in place of angling skates, but lately she also has learned how to slide her legs around on the ice to get more out of her turns and not damage her claws so much. She practices a low crawl between games to work on her core so that she has more push off power and can hold her legs together so they don't slip out from under her. Another good way to work on her core is by leaping up to higher rocks. walking back down and repeating. Lastly she had to learn to keep her tail tucked in so it doesn't accidently hit her teammates on the ice. she lets the hair grow out on her tail for extra cushioning in case she does hit a player, but she also practices swishing it, coiling and uncoiling, and stretching her butt so she can have better control over her tail region. 

(200 words)

Option 2

How to train your skating, a beginners guide striding with confidence. This is a fairly easy thing to train. There is only one true way to get better at skating and I am going to tell you how, and why, to do it. First off, throw everything you ever learned about skating out the window, you will not be needing it. Secondly, get to the closest rink as soon as possible. Thirdly, Skate. That is it. You just need to skate. All day, every day. Now you might be wondering, how does that train my skating skills? Simply put, the more you do something the better you get, right? So skate like the wind and push yourself to be faster. Train like a musician building up speed. Start off slow while making perfect strides. Once you can do that for 10 mins straight without messing up a stride, you up the tempo. You keep doing that til you hit 20 in skating and then you can focus on other aspects.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ