Create Account

S75 PT#3: McHockey Present Due: Monday, March 4th at 11:59 PST

After the initial shock of seein an expressionless face of Connor McDavid passes, I gladly accept the offer, especially considering I feel like I am having a subpar season at the moment with the Minnesota Monarchs. Considering the team he has to contend with in Edmonton, I would tell him that the key to the Stanley Cup goes through inspiring his teammates to play above and beyond. To motivate them to punch above their weight and play with everything they've got and then play even harder. Every play done with the energy and the drive that tells the opposing team WE WANT TO FUCKING WIN and not letting go because a game is played over 60 minutes. I would advise Connor to tell the GM to trade for a better goalie and perhaps one extra piece on defense that would help solidify what is otherwise a Stanley Cup Contender.

My last piece of advice: Don't do like Toronto.
Scoring goals by the boatload is fine but if it's done without any heart, any passion or any intensity then what's the point if you can't make it to the Finals or even the first round? Connor doesn't need to improve anything on his end, but if he can be the motor that drives the team in terms of motivation and his teammates follows? Then the Cup is theirs.

A great NHL coach, who was a player before being a coach, going 143-161-24 in the regular season and being undefeated in the playoffs once told me "Hotdogs cure All. " I stand by that motto today, and use the hotdog mile method for increasing both endurance and size at the same time. First I get 10 hot dogs and set them up on a table. Then I get one hot sausage and put it randomly with the hot dogs. I set them up around the track, and I grab a hot dog every mile. If I get the sausage, I stop for the day. So far I haven't had to do more than 1 mile, since I always grab the larger sausage. I take my golf cart Straight to the cild dip, followed by going to the hot tub and soaking until the meat sweats are finished. Then I take a power nap.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Graphic Task: Draw your player giving a passionate intermission speech to his teammates.

[Image: 7q1NsvU.png]

[Image: dinonuggets2.gif]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]
Credit to Amidships & sulovilen

Option 2 Written:

Daniel Grumathan's trainer has always been under the belief that you prioritize stamina/endurance -> strength (for a bit) -> skill/technique as you go about your career. This way, you can always have a good endurance and then once the physical attributes start to dwindle, at least you have a high skill floor to rely on to keep you on the ice. For endurance and stamina training specifically, Grumathan just always makes sure to incorporate either long distance running, swimming, and or skating sessions. Typically in the morning before practice. While the season is in session, these workouts are usually a bit shorter in distance and intensity because of how hard practice + games can be so the ratio of cardio and hard workout is probably like 70-30. In the offseason, it is a lot closer to a true 50-50 with maybe more cardio workouts depending on how much traveling is done in the offseason and if a proper hard workout is possible.

With a mixture of astonishment and anticipation, I quickly agree to Connor McDavid's proposal. "Connor, I'm in. The opportunity to learn from you and Sid Crosby is too extraordinary to turn down. I'll gladly share whatever playoff insights I have in exchange for the secrets behind Brad Marchand's immortal workout routine. Let's make this trade and work together to push our limits and achieve greatness on the ice."

As I speak, a sense of excitement washes over me, knowing that this exchange could potentially revolutionize my approach to the game. Despite the unconventional circumstances, I recognize the immense value in learning from one of the greatest players of our time.

With a firm handshake to seal the deal, I eagerly await McDavid's guidance, eager to absorb every detail of the legendary workout routine and to contribute whatever knowledge I can towards playoff success. In this unexpected encounter, I find not only an opportunity for personal growth but also the chance to forge a unique bond with a fellow athlete driven by the same passion for excellence

[Image: gurbs.gif]

ISFL affiliate

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

Quote:Option 2:

Written Task: How does your player train endurance and stamina? Which do they prioritize: endurance, strength, or skill training? What's the proper ratio between cardio and hard workout? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

Endurance and stamina are the lifeblood of any ice hockey player, fueling their relentless pursuit of victory on the frozen battlefield. To cultivate these essential qualities, one must embark on a multifaceted training odyssey. Picture yourself sprinting through blizzards, dragging tires across icy tundra, and hauling sleds piled high with weights—all while honing your stickhandling skills amidst the chaos.

But what takes precedence: endurance, strength, or skill? Ah, the eternal conundrum! Each facet of training is a vital cog in the machine of hockey greatness. Our player strikes a delicate balance, weaving together grueling cardio sessions, bone-crushing strength workouts, and intricate skill drills into a tapestry of athletic excellence.

As for the ratio between cardio and hard work out, it's a dance as intricate as a figure skater's pirouette. One moment, you're pushing your limits with heart-pounding interval sprints; the next, you're grinding out heavy squats and deadlifts in the weight room. The key lies in finding harmony between the two, allowing each to complement and enhance the other in a symphony of athletic prowess.

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

Option 1:

At Ryosuke's Sato's old age, he would certainly take that trade offer from Connor McJesus himself. Not having had too much success in the playoffs, Sato does have one more cup in the big leagues compared to McDavid, albeit not as a prominent of a role as McDavid would be. However, Sato would tell Connor that the secret is to have a locker room that has been through it together and would stand up for each other. This means showing up not only on the score sheet, but to get physical and to stick up for each other when the opponent starts getting physical. This takes time to build, but if you keep the core together and lead the team by example, then the rest will follow. So for McDavid, this means he has to get a little physical and make sure the other team knows he and his teammates can't be messed with.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

[Image: IMG_8971.png?ex=65efdc7a&is=65dd677a&hm=...9a14cb0cf&]

Billy Herrington, with SHL Kush as his trusty companion, takes a holistic approach to training endurance and stamina. He prioritizes a balanced combination of endurance, strength, and skill training, recognizing the importance of each component in maximizing his performance on the ice. For endurance and stamina, Billy incorporates a mix of cardio exercises, such as long-distance running or cycling, to build cardiovascular fitness and improve his overall endurance. However, he also recognizes the need for strength training to complement his endurance efforts, focusing on exercises like squats, lunges, and plyometrics to enhance muscular endurance and power. As for the ratio between cardio and hard workouts, Billy follows a personalized approach based on his specific needs and goals. While he emphasizes the importance of cardiovascular conditioning, he also dedicates ample time to intense, high-intensity workouts to build strength and explosiveness. With SHL Kush enhancing his focus and recovery, Billy strikes the perfect balance between cardio, strength, and skill training, ensuring that he's always primed and ready to dominate on the ice.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Rence stirs in the night and wakes to find a new night time visitor. Annoyed her calls out into the night, "Who the heck is it this time?". A little caught off guard by the rudeness, Connor McDavid looks at the DVD he's holding and back at Rence. "Hey, I'm Connor McDavid and I'm here with an exclusive offer for you. Act now to get the complete 97 DVD disc set of 'McDavid's McGlutes Workout Series' for the low, low price of 16 excruciatingly difficult payments of blood, sweat, and tears to the hockey gods." He then begins to demonstrate a few of his squat thrust exercises right in the middle of Rence's room. Rence sits up and faces Connor, "Listen man, you don't have to do this. You're the best hockey player in all of human history. If you want to finally get over the hump and win the cup, the answer is easy. Get the heck out of Edmonton. The franchise is toxic with nepotism and dwelling in the past. You're never going to win a cup there." Connor stares back with a look of someone who already knew this, but needed it said to him. "Thank you," utters Connor and begins to fade into the dark. "Hey by the way, " Rence exclaims before a pause. "Nice butt, Connor." But he was already gone. 

234 words

Connor McDavid!? Asking me about how to win in the playoffs? Sure, I say "I'll tell you all I know about winning in the playoffs!" I'm excited to receive the secret training routine that he developed with Sidney Crosby, but only if I receive said training first. I don't know why he asked me specifically, as I've only been to the playoffs once thus far and got promptly bounced in the second round with the Regina Elk. This season looks a little more promising, but I suspect McDavid knows even better than I do about having decent regular season teams that then flop in the playoffs. Once we're done training this super secret, top-notch regular season routine, I simply tell McDavid that I don't know anything about winning in the playoffs. It's completely honest, and I can wax poetic about how one might *theoretically* do well in the playoffs, but I would certainly not be speaking from experience as a player. Now if Emilia Bergman were the player visited by Connor McDavid maybe we'd start cooking with gas...

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Option 2
The training of a hockey player is hard beacuse you need to get skills with your hands and your feet for your skating while working your overall body.
You can't only train your physical ability and not work out your cardio and strenght. As a goalie, it's very hard to stay a full game on the ice so your endurance need to be very good. We loose a lot pounds during a game and in the intermission we have to eat and drink a lot to stay hydrated. So endurance and physical forms are really important to be able to keep my performace at the maximum level and help my team win the game.
We have a training room to help us to train to be able to perform at the highest level. Our building is almost new so our facilities are new too so the top of the technologies are at our disposal.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2024, 02:44 PM by sliceruser. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: put workout instead of endurance by accident )

Option 2:

Written Task: How does your player train endurance and stamina? Which do they prioritize: endurance, strength, or skill training? What's the proper ratio between cardio and hard workout? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

Alexandros as a player has struggled a lot with burnout this season from the number of minutes played and very much has reached a point where he believes stamina is the most important thing to train. A lot of his training goes into endurance, not that he neglects strength training but stamina comes first. Alexandros prefers skating around on the ice as much as humanly possible to the point where he hesitates to take vacations away from home because he loves to skate so much. Between this ridiculous amount of skating, he also makes sure to run on the treadmill every time he hits the gym to make sure he is expanding that lung capacity so he can play more minutes as his team will need in the future. As far as strength training is concerned Alexandros is also pretty basic and fundamental going with good ol push ups, bench press and slapping pucks into nets hundreds of times to build up that strength.

-164 words

As I mentioned last week, my player is pretty much solely about weight lifting, unless otherwise told to do something else. When thinking of this, however I can improve my stamina and endurance through weight training, I will do it. The problem is, endurance and Stamina really are not about weight lifting though entirely which has been difficult for myself, because I want to have a lasting career, and not one that makes me quit early because of bad performance. Many different techniques that the team have had to implement for me for example are HIIT training's, swimming, and some yoga. The problem with this training though is I can not swim, so that one has been a big challenge on helping to improve my stamina and endurance. One final thing that obviously has been helping is just doing drills on the ice. Hockey is a great sport in helping to achieve better stamina and endurance, so performing just different hard skating drills during practice has been key to my success with QCC.