Create Account

S75 PT#3: McHockey Present Due: Monday, March 4th at 11:59 PST

ISFL affiliate

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]

Code:
How does your player train endurance and stamina? Which do they prioritize: endurance, strength, or skill training? What's the proper ratio between cardio and hard workout? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

Marek is devoted to off-ice training, especially in the offseason. When someone thinks of athletic endurance, they usually picture steady-state cardio: endless jogs through nature, bike rides across the county, etc. Marek and a lot of his friends don't find this to be beneficial for hockey, as it does more to benefit the slow twitch muscles, rather than the fast twitch muscles needed for a stop & go sport like hockey. "I've done the steady state cardio in the past, working on my overall cardiovascular health, but i found when id hit the ice for a game or practice i just didn't have the 'jump' that i needed in my legs to make the most of my shifts. While i didn't get winded as easily and i was able to recover heart rate quickly on the bench, i didn't feel like i was performing at the highest level" Marek says. 

While Marek does run, and does bike, its all about intervals, mixing up some climbs and sprints, HIIT and Tabata sessions, and other mix-ins to keep the body guessing. This helps improve the right kind of fitness levels needed for hockey, where you have 30-45 second bursts followed by quick recovery periods. "The workouts are just as hard, or harder overall sometimes - especially when mixed with vigorous strength training. You can really feel your legs 'bonk' at a certain point where they just don't want to perform anymore and that's when you mentally go 'ok, its the end of the third period and we're down one goal - time to go all out on these last couple intervals'" says Marek. Its this kind of endurance training that he completes that benefits not only his body but primes his mind for the mental challenges presented when times get tough out on the ice and being able to put mind over matter when your legs want to quit.

\

When he was younger, there is ONE thing Derek hated over anything else : the mandatory stinking running segment of physical education classes. He was fit, he was a sports head, he was always keen on trying to be the best at everything he tried, but running for the sake of it just never made sense, he would even go as far as saying it was psychotic to enjoy such a thing. Though with time and maturity came along a newfound respect and appreciation to the slower pace of mental strain that running provides, but also what it can do for him as a hockey player in his career. In efforts to conjugate his lower body strength training and his ability to perform at the highest level all game long, he hired the best of canadian olympic running coaches to help him improve his stride, and started a regular regiment of running that sees him do short, medium and long-distance outings 3-4 times a week, and take part in the occasional marathon, specifically charity runs. Its been great so far, let's keep it going!

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

OPTION 2 - WRITTEN TASK

Aumy Junior II is a forwards, so it's very important for him to have a great stamina, since he wants to play in the highest lines. Skill training is even more important for him. As a sniper who can assist, he has to have at least good skills with a puck and solid skating. However, strength isn't the most important thing for him, since he isn't a defender. He is actively training stamina all the time, so he can perform at the end of the game just as he did when the puck got dropped. 70% of training time is just a workout on the ice, while other 30% is just cardio. Aumy Junior II loves to ride with a bicycle. He isn't a huge fan of running, but sometimes he does that as well. He usually runs long distances, so stamina gets better and better. However, long workouts on the ice helps with stamina as well. If player keeps pushing boundaries once he is exhausted, his stamina is getting better for sure. Each hockey player has to remember that.

180 words

Stars Stars Stars

Code:
Written Task: How does your player train endurance and stamina? Which do they prioritize: endurance, strength, or skill training? What's the proper ratio between cardio and hard workout? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

The places that I like to work on stamina are both in the gym and on the ice. The gym is a good way to build up the muscle in order to better prepare for the long skates on the ice. When I am doing skates, you have to do both long and short skates. Long to build of the endurance and the shorter skates in order to work on edge work and strengthen your thighs. The drill shown in the movie ‘Miracle’ is a great one to work on both of these things at the same time. It is why you see the modern day player focus so much more on skating, as the game has sped up massively and the needs to be a good skater has gotten greater. There really can’t be a top player in the league who isn’t also a great skater. That is why endurance is so important, and that’s why you need to work out and improve stamina whenever you can.

168 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

So wait, now, it's time for Ubba to put his weary head down to rest. He finally does, catches some good zzz's for a few hours, then who comes knocking? Holy Shnikes, it's McJesus himself, Connor McDavid! Now, he's here to spill some tea about something or another. But he's on his 200th SHLer of the night and is zapped. Mostly everyone has been ignoring him, thinking that his appearance is nothing more than a weird dream after taking some of that sweet russian gas. But, alas, Ubba Lodbrok, Captain for the Anchorage Armada of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, and prospect for the Philadelphia Forge of the Simulation Hockey League talks to him and hears him out. What's that McJesus? You want to know how to win a playoff series? Well, you gotta be a little toxic to do it. You gotta cheat a bit. Your talent alone won't win the series. You gotta give a couple taps to the other team. But you've also got Corey Perry and Evander Kane, so at this point, you've got enough toxicity cover the league. Go for it bub.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Option 1

That's a deal I would take in a heartbeat. I would love nothing more than to see Connor McDavid win in the playoffs. The greatest Generational Talent we have seen since Sidney Crosby deserves to have playoff success. It's like Mike Trout in baseball. The Greats should have their shot at postseason action and have the chance to win the ultimate trophy in their respective sport. It's a shame that they dont get that chance due to managerial incompetence most of the time. The ways in which teams fumble the bag while having generational talents is insane. Plain and simple. The guys have what it takes to win but the surrounding cast they're playing with just isn't up to snuff and doesn't do enough to put the team in a position to succeed. That being said, I think if I could skate like McDavid I would be the best defenseman the SHL had ever seen.

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Lemme get this out of the way quickly and with as little pain as possible. I think McDavid is a great human being and one that I would love to know and I am sure is an amazing humanitarian and is using his platform for the best. Now that the pleasantries are out of the way, I wouldn't show him how to win a hand of go fish. It isn't really his fault the Oilers gamed the hell out of the draft lotto, but they absolutely didn't deserve him and don't deserve him now. I am willing to bet the secret workout he created with Crosby was either how to flop on every little touch or how to lick people at random to gain their special essence. You want to win games McJesus? Three simple words. Get. Better. Goaltending. You threw so much money at a mid goalie, I should know, look how much we gave Bryz.

See now I would be presented with a dillema, do you help McDavid and the Oilers win the cup, in terms of what seems like a long and productive career, or do you hold back and sabotage not only the Oilers chances of ever winning a cup, but your own chance of a long and prosperous career.  Its a real catch 22 for Dan, as he grew up a Leafs fan, and the thought of the Oilers winning the cup, hurts his very being. Now with that being said, Dan would love the chance to seemingly play well until his 40s at a productive rate like Crosby and Marchand seem destined to do. That is one decision that would not be taken lightly, but ultimately Dan would love to see the Stanley Cup being hoisted by a Canadian team for the first time since 1993, so he would assist McDavid and learn this amazing workout routine.

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures

Waking in a startled state, Squidwardo looks down towards the end of his bed, with a tall, deadpan, emotionless face staring back at him. It was Connor McDavid! In a monotone voice McJesus lets out a quiet statement "I'm here to tell you about playing through adversity, getting pucks deep, pucks on net, banging bodies in front and battling." Like the hockey robot he is, McDavid repeats that line again. Squidwardo sat up confused, wondering what he is talking about. "He sounds like he is stuck in a post-game interview" Squidwardo thought to himself. "Are you okay man?" He asks Connor. Unhinged, Connor McDavid jumps up onto the bed and starts muttering about playoffs "first round, second round, conference finals, need cup, first round, second round, conference finals, need cup." This guy is insane Squidwardo thought. "I need the secrets, Crosby told me, trade me." McDavid screeched at Squidwardo. Thinking quickly, Squidwardo grabbed his Stanley Cup mug and yelled "here is a stanley cup! Go get it!" and proceeded to throw the Yeti rip-off out the window into the yard. McDavid proceeded to jump out of the second story window and dive onto the cup, screeching about winning in the playoffs again. Not knowing what the real Stanley Cup looks like, McJesus paraded around the front yard lifting the cup and celebrating, before disappearing into the dark of night.

[Image: TheOPSquid.gif]

option 2

Leonard Wood trains for endurance and stamina by running, biking, and mountain climbing. Since he plays in the beautiful state of Colorado surrounded by mountains, there is no shortage of beautiful landscape to train with. It works double as he relieves stress as he exercises in the Colorado wilderness. Wood hires local guides to show him the most difficult grueling trails to climb, bike or run on. Sometimes he even invites his teammates on these excursions outdoors. No one has been left behind in the mountains yet! But just in case, we have also taken some survival courses to be safe. Typically, he does 60% cardio, 40% hard workout. He wants to be able to out stkate and outwork his opponents with his incredible stamina, so he focuses on that more than building strength. His aim is to be the most conditioned player on the ice. So endurance is priority number one to Leonard Wood.

[Image: Leonard-Wood-1.jpg?ex=65e9fdaf&is=65d788...3d17ea60e&]

Option 2:

Petr's secret is easy to remember and critical to his success: Petr Svoboda simply never starts skating. That's how he trains his endurance and stamina. That's it. It's as simple as that. Non-stop practice, all year round, is his intense, body-destroying regimen. Every waking moment is spent bettering himself as a hockey player all in order to become the greatest the ever was, and to lead the Czechs to their destined gold medal. Petr may as well sleep in his gear, if it weren't such a hygiene risk, as that would save valuable minutes and allow Petr to spend even more time on the ice. To leave nothing to chance, to take into his own hands. This is the method. Gold is goal. Until then, to score goals and raise hell on his way to the hall of fame. This is what Petr was made for after all. Grown in a lab, genetically engineered, and taught from the moment of creation from the game's best, Petr's every moment since he was created has been entirely focused on the game of hockey.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Option 1

Yes, what I just described might sound a bit like a nightmare, but I think it really happened. Or maybe it didn't, we'll never know. Anyway, some suspicious-looking character named Connor McDavid (I think he's famous in some fake hockey league? Maybe, maybe not, wouldn't know, never heard the name before) tried to sell me some random idea about a 'secret' workout routine he developed with some other random hockey player I've never heard of either and then some other immortal guy? These dreams are definitely getting weirder and weirder. It was a little confusing. Should I pay more attention to those fantasy hockey leagues so I would at least know who those people are? Probably not, the SHL is the only league that matters. Why should I care what that guy had to say? He sounded desperate, because apparently he never had any playoff luck. Well, sorry, but I already have a workout routine that works for me and some kind of playoff luck, so I guess I don't need your help.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

[Image: MyMARDY.png]

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

Option 1:
Written Task: Your player falls asleep that night without incident, but about halfway through the night, they wake up with a start to the face of Connor McDavid looking down on them from above.
Without once changing his facial expression, he explains that he was sent here to teach you some kind of lesson about playing through adversity, but he has already forgotten his lines and instead offers you a trade: he'll show you the secret workout routine he developed with Sid Crosby that has seemingly granted Brad Marchand immortality, if you'll tell him how to win in the playoffs. Do you accept? What do you say?

First of all I will need to make sure this is not a nightmare. But I do not like pinching myself so the next best option of course is to pinch Connor McDavid. If that does not work I may need to punch him a little bit just to make completely, fully sure that I am not in a nightmare at the moment. After that I of course accept the offer. Who can say no to immortality, even if he mentions the rat which makes me think the secret involves licking people somehow. But I digress, we are here to tell McDavid how to win the cup, right? The answer is easy, especially for McDavid and the Oilers. Well, actually it is a two-fold answer: Part one involves absolutely not playing the Golden Knights in the playoffs. Not sure how to implement that but it surely would help them. Part two should be easy, it is the Oilers after all and the answer is: More first overall picks, they did not have enough yet.

174 words of wisdom

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria