Create Account

S75 PT#3: McHockey Present Due: Monday, March 4th at 11:59 PST

Option 2:

Written Task: How does your player train endurance and stamina? Which do they prioritize: endurance, strength, or skill training? What's the proper ratio between cardio and hard workout? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

Tanner Pitts has been known for his abilities to go all night long without needing any form of a break. Just ask any of his teammates, there's no chance he's lying about this. Its a known fact that Tanner has the best endurance ever seen and once ran all the way from Colorado Springs into Denver just because it was the off season. In case you didn't know, and I hope you don't so I can brag, that's 113 kilometers. Tanner trains literally nothing else other than endurance and it shows. People who have watched the raptors play this year will say his skills have diminished. But nobody can say he doesn't have the ability to play bad forever if needed. Perhaps he should focus next season on training more skill to avoid letting his team down. That is a scenario we will have to wait and see progress however.

[150 words]

Option 1 :
Hell, Thomas is definitely taking that deal. However I, as the writer, am not sure how I can say "Get out of Edmonton" for 150+ words. Thomas would prolly sit there and be dumbfounded at the situation to be honest. Thomas is seeing a man, a generational talent, beg him, a second year player in the big league, for advice to win a ship. Thomas has only won one, but he wasn't a huge part of it. Thomas would talk about team chemistry and how depth is needed. How McDavid is gonna have to play dirtier due to how the game gets called in the playoffs. Ultimately, this is all stuff Connor has heard before probably. So he would end it with telling Connor how he skates through 100 yards of molasses as a form of speed and stamina training every day. Thomas would then look at McDavid with a huge smile, as McDavid then questions all the advice he was just given. Then Thomas would end it with also leave Edmonton Oilers and go play for the Blizzard instead. They have a way better shot.

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

I would like to train endurance and strength when I play hockey. I have all the skills so I don't have to practice it plus I need to log big minutes and be strong and steady in my zone. be able to leverage and break bodies out there on the ice like rempe but also use my legs to move the puck up and down and make sure I am playing prevent defense and moving the puck to the forwards by any means possible, i want to be able to skate on the ice as long as this run-on sentence for example and be someone that can be a very good support player that isn't going to be a leader in the scoring race but be someone that will be playing a lot of minutes and being effective on the ice and being someone that mhelps my team win

[Image: hallsy.png]

I do cardio at home, mostly with my significant other. She prefers that I am fresh for our morning exercise. So I try to otherwise limit my energy expenditure focused on heart health. After all, there is no greater way to train the heart than in the act of love. Really gets the cardio going and training stamina is just part of the deal the more frequently you participate. I spend almost the entirety of my off ice gym time lifting weights. When you think about it, between all of the on-ice work we do and the strength training, I become quite irresistible. So, out of pure necessity, I keep myself off the training bike and treadmill to save myself. We get a good sweat in every other morning or so and everybody starts their day on a nice high note. Of course, there’s nothing like a good shower after working up a cardio sweat. So yeah, “training” can be fun.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2024, 10:57 PM by Citizen of Adraa. Edited 1 time in total.)

prompt 1:

Ok Connor, so here is how we do this. Believe me, I was a part of not one cinderella run to the finals, so I am fully equipped to talk abouty experiences here. First, it's all about the team. You don't need exceptional, you don't even need great. The important thing is you need good all around. A team that can get their first line shut down and then outscore them with their 2nd line is super frustrating to play against, and if you have three equally scoring lines, it feels like a very dumb idea to even try to shut you down, but then comes the approach of scoring by comittee, defending with all you got, and trusting that the goalie pulls a game or two out of his ass. It's all about being a proper unit, having great players is expected, having great units is mandatory.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2024, 11:07 PM by Dhoop. Edited 1 time in total.)

[url=[/url] +]ISFL Affiliate

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium

Quote:Written Task: How does your player train endurance and stamina? Which do they prioritize: endurance, strength, or skill training? What's the proper ratio between cardio and hard workout?

It's impossible to rank one above the others. Strength helps you impose your will upon your opponents, skill training helps you accomplish things on the ice, and endurance ensures that you have the energy needed to do so for as long as your team needs.

For that reason, Jae-ik Barron focuses on all three. First, he spends a lot of time in the gym working on his strength and fitness levels. He also makes sure that his training sessions go longer than your standard fare, to work on his endurance. It's not just about reaching a high level, but also maintaining that high level for long periods of time.

Skill training is not neglected, and he tries to get on the ice for at least 1000 shots and 1000 passes a day, to constantly improve his puck skills. Even if he feels his physical gifts are the bread and butter of his game, there needs to be a baseline of skill to get and keep an SHL roster spot.

Finally, Jae-ik does severe marathon cardio training in the offseason to keep his body in top shape. Fitness is a process that doesn't take time off, and a player playing at the highest level needs to stay focused on training year around to stay at that level.

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

Like anyone else that plays hockey for a living, clearly. Sunrise has always had reasonable stamina from his youth but by training other things, he has also built up considerable strength - it comes on handily as he does not need to bother with specific training to improve general strength or anything of the like.

As far as stamina goes, he has been improving his stamina by jogging daily in spite of the circumstances around him. The cold does not seem to scare him much though he had to opt for jogging inside in colder days as the team required him to do so... they would rather their big player not end up frozen in Lethbridge or something.

But jogging has been pretty good for the mind as well, allowing Sunrise to think about other things as opposed to remembering of the sport he chose to play for a living and sometimes even hear the odd podcast here and there.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Option 2:

How does Sven Holmberg train endurance? Treadmills of course. You start off at a walking pace, and start to carry a 50 pound bag of potatoes. It has to be potatoes, any other object will not do. After a minute carrying the 50 pound bag at a walking pace, the treadmill speed is increased to a light jog. As Sven jogs, he starts to take out individual potatoes and take a small bite from each one. After taking a bite, he proceeds to toss the potato over his left shoulder. It has to be over the left shoulder, as it is important to build proper endurance for hockey. Once his legs give out, the treadmill is turned off. He then lays on the ground for 47 minutes while humming the tune to WAP. After that he sits up, and starts to do mental sit ups. By that he just visualizes himself doing situps but doesn't actually do anything.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

All I train is stamina. it's the only thing that matters. Mads has tiny little legs so those legs need to be able to go for days, otherwise they're worthless. Each one of his strides is no more than a quarter of a bigger person, so he has to be able to do more of them. So, I purchased a house that is exactly a marathon distance from the Houston area. Every morning I wake up and run a marathon from home to practice or the game. Also; being in the low Texas altitude is a help for this, because he's just lazy by nature and doesn't do well with altitude. Anyway - point being that a marathon a day is a great way to keep your cardio up. It's actually not so bad once you get used to it, and now I can go for literal miles on the ice without getting tired. It is a routine I hope to keep up for my entire career.

Code:
Words: 150+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Prompt #1

Despite all the riches and wealth that could be gained from having the absolute talent, there would be no way that could be traded to McJesus himself for playoff wins. There was already a long dark period when the Oilers had managed to build themselves a dynasty with some of the greatest players in hockey history. It would be one thing to see that sort of era arise again and be another landmark moment but knowing how long the players, city and generally hockey fans would continue to draw back and wax poetically of this legendary team.

It would continue to be held over the heads of any hockey team aspiring for greatness, and could never be changed or shaken. For so many teams who still struggle to even find themselves in the playoffs at all, this would just be too much. It would be another matter of the rich getting richer especially considering how the fanbase already being blessed with such talented players already.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Option 2:

As far as training goes in regards to endurance, strength, or skill training the biggest focus for Matiss would have to be endurance and skill training. These two are priorities over strength due to being able to be on the ice for long periods of time and having the skills to beat anyone will allow the player to be the best that they can be. Now strength is still important. However, you don’t have to be physically strong to be able to be a good hockey player where you could be very skilled and shifty to be able to play hockey. As far as a ratio between hard workouts and cardio, I think you need to have a good combination of both to be able to become a well rounded hockey player. Separating each workout in two separate days, will allow your body to recover from the previous workout while working on something different. The biggest thing would be setting up a workout program and following that specifically to be able to hit all the key points that a player would need to work on.

Option 2:

There's a pretty popular, if a bit overplayed, saying in the world of sports (at least over here in North America) that goes "The best ability is availability" and that's very commonly read/understood to mean that a player, or employee, or student should try to keep healthy above all else. It can be used to tell someone to take it easy, or to reassure someone fighting an injury that they're allowed to take it easy. But in hockey in particular, where players are constantly rotating on and off the bench, it has another layer of meaning - being available when your team needs you. Not missing a shift.

So, to Darnell, building endurance is the most important thing. It's great to have skill and awareness and physical strength, and all that other stuff, but if you're not on the ice it doesn't matter a lick. Preparing yourself to be on the ice whenever you can, as much as you can, means getting to flex those skills more frequently and it also, in theory, means those skills will last longer into the game before starting to deteriorate.

As for how Darnell trains his endurance? Lots and lots of cardio. Running, cycling, swimming. Anything to build up his aerobic base, as well as breakdown and interval workouts to build up his anaerobic tolerance and recovery times.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

Prompt 2:

Leo Roze has always focused on being able to play as much as possible. He focuses on his endurance mostly as a way to try and catch those tired opponents at the end of the game and fully shut them down. He’s been working on strength a lot more recently because he knows he’s going into the SHL where they are much stronger than the junior players he plays.
He knows cardio and strength is important but the skill part of the game? Oh no. If you know Leo Roze you know he has almost no “skill” in the skill training ways. He can’t shoot, he can’t really stick handle. He can pass pretty well but the other skill stuff he is absolutely horrible at, and he doesn’t train it because if he’s not good at it, why try and be good. He should just try and get better at what he is good at.

[Image: ROZESIG.png?ex=6622170a&is=660fa20a&hm=2...height=655]

Written Task: How does your player train endurance and stamina? Which do they prioritize: endurance, strength, or skill training? What's the proper ratio between cardio and hard workout? As before, your player does not need to be correct. Feel free to write absolute madness, flex your knowledge of real-world athletic training, or anywhere in between.

Frøya takes a very standard approach when it comes to stamina and endurance training. There are 7 days in the week and as such, of course with the exception of rest days will end up training one thing or another. When she goes for cardio, Frøya will usually go out for a run outside or on a treadmill. She'll push herself but not to an insane level, just to try and get the cardio up but not burn herself to the ground before practice or a game. When she trains for endurance, sometimes Frøya will do the plank or the chair or do cardio related activities for longer and a less intense level. Strength training comes rather easily. The gyms at all of the facilities she frequents often have everything she needs to complete her strength training. From dumbbells to barbells heavy training machinery and more, strength training isn't very hard for her to accomplish. (160 words)

[Image: h1VQUxn.png]