Create Account

S75 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game Playlist Due: Sunday, March 3rd @ 11:59 PST

At this point in the season, you should be starting to get into the groove with your teammates. But it's not all about the chemistry when you're on the ice - it's the tunes you listen to in the locker room before you get out there that really help you bond.
Written Task: List 5 songs that are on your team's pre-game playlist, and tell us why they're played (150 word min.)
Graphic Task: Design the album cover for a CD-version of your team's pre-game playlist. Has to include at least the team name and logo.
Teamless Task: As above but it's your workout playlist.
Reward:
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S75 SMJHL Rookies (S76 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Deadline: Sunday, March 3rd @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

ISFL affiliate

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

Kelowna Knights Pregame Playlist

1. Loose Yourself By Eminem, This is because of the hype that it gives the team
2. Kernkraft 400. Do I need to explain, its just a classic
3. Burn It To The Ground, Nickelback, This hypes us up because it lets us know we will Burn the other team to the ground.
4. We Dem Boys, Wiz Khalifa. This is because we need to let ourselves know, "We Dem Boys!"
5. All My Life, Lil durk. Because we just gotta let us know, we have worked hard to be in the smjhl!

[Image: image.jpg?ex=663b8fcc&is=663a3e4c&hm=a86...height=323]          [Image: stank0ven2.jpg?ex=663b90d1&is=663a3f51&h...height=305]

Ahh

In all honesty, I am not too sure about the team's favorite songs, but I do know that being from the east and going to school in NY, my music taste is heavily influenced by rap. Other than rap, on a more relaxed level I like to listen to country. My top 5 songs are Heading South, Something In The Orange, Sarah's Place, Dawns and Hey Driver. These songs are much more relaxing and set the tempo for gamedays/nights. It's always nice to relax and listen to chill music and watching your team perform.

1. Who Let the Dogs Out by the Baha Men. This is definitely the go-to hype song for a team whose identity is based around a pack of dogs. The dogs are out, and by that I mean we're the dogs and we're hungry for wins on the ice.

2. Hound Dog by Elvis Presley. This one has less of a hype beat to it, but it's a classic song and has to be on the list due to it being dog related.

3. La Machine a Scorer by Bob Bissonnette. Even though this is the goal song for the Quebec City Citadelles, Ylib Kove grew up listening to it and still likes to listen to it as a hype song.

4. Eye of the Tiger by Survivor. There's no better hype song than this classic song. Listening to it makes the team feel strong and ready to take on any challenge.

5. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk. The lyrics of this song speak direct motivation to the players. It helps us work harder, better, faster, and stronger every single day.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

For the pre-game playlist, we needed some heavy hitting songs that gets the team's adrenaline high and blood pumping. If we're gonna go out there and give our best effort, we need it to feel like a playoff game every game, and what better way to do that with a playlist that gets you in a rude mood and ready to fight for every last inch of ice.
1. Pantera - Domination - it's in the name, we want to go out there and dominate tonight. Helps that Pantera kicks ass.
2. Mudvayne - Determined - once again, it's in the name, no better way to feel determined than hearing the lyrics "So fucking determined"
3. Snot - Snot - this self titled song, while it does sound silly at first, is a fantastic motivator that feels like a punch in the face
4. The Hives - Main Offender - this song makes you feel badass listening, and therefor will make you feel badass while playing. I don't make the rules
5. Motorhead - Ace of Spades - is there anything better than Motorhead? This song is an absolute classic that i think anyone could enjoy in the locker room

[Image: t0DZX3k]

Instead of going with the classic picks for hype music, Alexa's slotted in some less well known artists, forcing the rest of Saint Louis to get used to her favorite warm up songs... which, admittedly, change often. Currently, however, they are:

Glory - Friday Pilots Club: This song is up because damn, it's catchy. But also, it's a song entirely about the thing most teams desire: Glory! It isn't the most energetic song, but the message is what counts here.

Alpha - Layto: This song brings a lot more energy than Glory, especially after the beat drops about 30 seconds in. A bit of hip-hop flow with this one to get the blood pumping.

God - Jake Daniels: Is there a stronger sentiment than telling your opponent they're trying to pick a fight with a god? No, didn't think so.

Bad Day For My Enemies - Adam Jensen: Listen, all of these songs have appropriate titles for their use. This one is another where the lyrics and the message are the most important part.

Here We Go - Lower Than Atlantis: This one is a solid rock jam, but it's on the list to fit Saint Louis specifically. 'So we gonna, so we gonna, take it back'- that's exactly what we're doing in Saint Louis this season, and this song backs it up.

Scarecrows
[Image: Oon045t.gif]
[Image: 8KlR3Yq.png]

The original Hockey Night in Canada theme song: any true blooded Canadian hockey fan will know how this song moved a nation across the land on Saturday nights. The song is part of our heritage and something that raises the hairs on true fans necks.

We Are athe Champions: every team needs to know that when things come down to the wire and championships are on the line, this song will be belted out from the fans in anticipation.

Chop Suey: just a great pump up tune that gets to blood flowing and the testosterone worked up and ready to hit the ice.

Hit Somebody: how better can one remember how the game of hockey should be played then an oldie but a goodie about throwing ones weight around and rattling the glass.

Beat on the Drumms All Day: because it was on a hockey music album when I was growing up and ever sense then I have identified it with hockey and winning championships.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

Song number one more than a feeling Boston like. How can you not get pumped? Listen in the boston

Song number 2 sweet emotion Aerosmith. It makes me want to put my head through a wall. And a good kind of way in the kind of way where you've been up all night doing cocaine with a hot girl and you know you're about to score

Song number 3 can't go for that hole in a notes. If you don't like hall notes, you're un-american. And you can leave not that there's anything wrong with being on American. Well, not being from america, you're allowed to be from other places, but if you don't like america, you can get your sheet and get it out

Song number 4 dust on the bottle. I don't know who sings out song. But it's a really good song. I think it's David Lee Murphy or David Griffin or Cathy, Griffin or one people. I don't know, but it really gets me going

Song number 5, the star-spangled banner. How can you not like the star-spangled banner? It's American and as I previously stated if you're not American. If you don't like america and you don't like how we operate over here, you can get your shit and get it out

The first song I like to play in the STL locker room is Aint No Rest For The Wicked. It is a song that just reminds me it is a long season game after game after game.
The second song I like to play in the locker room is The devil went down to Georgia it is a song that just gets me in the right mood to go out on the ice. 
I don't know the name of the song but some of my teammates like to play the song that is move get out of the way. 
The last song I like to play is during my workouts it is the song Revolution by Bishop Briggs and it just a good workout song.
Our captain has been playing Here We Go - Lower Than Atlantis a lot and it has slowly started to worm its way into the of everyone in the locker room.

[Image: Make-a-photo-realistic-epic-image-of-a-h...a-go-1.png]

(sic) - Slipknot - This is a song we like to play after a big come back in any game. Sometimes we storm back and snatch victory from the jaws of defeat and singing along to "You can't kill me 'Cause I'm already inside you" just feels right after a come back.

Gimme More - Britney Spears - This song we play all the time. Before practice or games or in the showers. It doesn't matter it helps us focus on giving more of ourself and makes us happy.

Fight Music - D12 - We love a great fight in our locker room. Anytime anyone fights you know this will be playing in our locker room as we dance around the Fighter in a display that seems to resemble the mating dance of an ancient bird species.

Big Pimpin' - Jay Z - Whenever a player gets called up to the SHL we put this on and he gets his suit on and does his best pimp walk.

Real Muthaphuckkin G's - Eazy-E - Another beat that gets us in the mood to play. We have some old people in our locker room.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

Muse - Uprising: This song has a driving beat to get the blood pumping and the chorus ends with "we will be victorious". 

Volbeat - Seal the Deal: Another good blood pumping song about an invitation to fight.  Whether that's actually dropping the gloves, or just "fighting" to win the game. 

Let it Go - Frozen: I mean, everyone loves Disney right? We're hockey players and we put the ice under our control and the cold never bothers us anyway. 

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen: This one gets everyone in the locker room singing, we all know the words, and yes we all head bang when it gets to the Wayne's World part. 

Guns and Roses - Welcome to the Jungle: This is the song we skate onto the ice for home games, so this is a pump up song we share with the fans.  Those first couple of guitar licks echo through the stadium and then you get the roar of the crowd as we skate out onto the ice.

[Image: hudson.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2024, 07:38 PM by Dash. Edited 1 time in total.)

1.Song 2-Blur, one of the ultimate goal songs of all time!

2.Cochise-Audioslave, one of the best intro songs of all time!

3.Bonecrusher-Never Scared, The intimidation factor is through the roof!

4.Crazy Train-Ozzy, For the OG Vets in the room, Classic Pump up song!

5.Sandstorm-Darude, Instant classic and a mainstay in any pregame Playlist.

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: 53556226276_2eace1e209.jpg]
Bleed Black and Gold
[Image: malamutes.png]LD #6 Dash Jackson- Yukon Malamutes Blizzard
[Image: 53364500956_b676deb89a_w.jpg]

[Image: perGgTa.png]

[Image: jovera.gif]

[Image: tZH05l4.png]

[Image: KjRJ8PF.png]

[Image: p82ugau.png]