Create Account

S75 SMJHL PT #5 - MVP Due: Monday, March 11th at 11:59PM PST

I guess this is one of the last times I can say this, but I joined this season late, so I am not overly familar with the players who are leading the league. But looking at the numbers, and I guess the fact that back in the day I was actually a member of the SMJHL awards committee, so this should come easy for me, right? Here goes:

- Froya Solberg - not much to say here. The Citadels were the top team this season and Solberg was dynamite. They lead in goals, assists, points and +/-, I don't know how often that has happened as of late, but that is pretty frickin impressive. Honestly, this would be my number one pick, Solberg had a special season and won the scoring race by a bunch. Well done Froya!

- Shadow Fenix - sixth in goals, seventh in assists and third overall in points, Shadow had a great season for the Raptors. To be top ten in both goals and assists is a fantastic feat, something anyone should be super pround of.

- Ubba Lodbrok - this is my homer pick. Lodbrok lead the Armada in all season long and kept pace with the top point getters in the SMJHL, ending up sixth overall. A great season for a great player. Go Boats!!

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

There is only one true MVP candidate from this season, and his name is Roman Jalopski. Sure, as a defensive he had a negative +/-, and sure his team struggled to achieve a winning record, however no player in the league brought more heart and grit with him every time he stepped on the ice. This toaster strudel eating machine was the voice of the young in the locker room and has helped guide the Whalers rookies into a golden era of partying and having a great time. Whether it was weekly team nights out at the club or ensuring that every player always had their favorite bottle on hand, there were no excuses for not going hard when Roman was around. Last in the standings, but first in our hearts. Roman is a unique player whose talents for beer pong and putting together great playlists simply cannot be understated, and definitely cannot be replicated across the league.

[Image: 6Xj1IWG.png]

Player Page || Update Thread || Signatures

[Image: PoQh1Wx.png] [Image: rmu9FS0.png][Image: VxdFjLy.png][Image: QKcW3J4.png] [Image: RoypPRF.png]

As much as I dislike QQC there is a runaway MVP and that is Froya Solberg. They have the most goals in the league the most assists in the league and the highest points in the league. On top of all that they also have the highest +/- in the league. There is really no contest there is just feasible argument against them being MVP the only other candidates are the linemates and they don't even compare to Froya. Froya has 56 goals 71 assists and 127 points. As much as I want to say Alexa Johnson as MVP as my captain and the heart of the crows there. But she doesn't have the stats to back it up. Its a shame but such is life. Even with my love of the crows and dislike of QQC I just have to give Mvp to the one the only Froya Solberg congratulations on such a good season. 

[Image: Make-a-photo-realistic-epic-image-of-a-h...a-go-1.png]

In my mind there are three players competing for MVP this season. What is hockey? Hockey is a sport. How do sports exist? Because people like to go watch them. Why do people like to go watch hockey? Because people fight. They also like to watch them to see good goals and good saves. I picked my top three contenders for MVP due to these considerations.

Firstly, Andren Akerson and Dylan Jacob-Smith are two of the contenders for MVP because they have been in the most fights this season. The crowds love them, the team owners love them. They make the game interesting. The third player who is in the competition for MVP of the season is James Lao. He is the only goalie who has 58 games played this season. I don’t know if that’s because he wasn’t pulled because he did well or because he didn’t get injured but either way he is above all the rest in games played. I’m sure there were some interesting goals saved and that’s what makes the crowds go wild and keep coming back to watch more games.

Whalers       Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers  
[Image: bdDUUbs.jpeg][Image: cJ0kyj1.jpeg]
 Whalers       Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers  

I really do hate to come in here with a repetitive pick, and I'll be the first to admit to my biases, but Froya Solberg is most certainly top of the running for my MVP player. The Quebec City Citadelles has been destroying the competition this season, and leading their points scored with more than 20 over their previous teammate is Froya. She leads in both goals and assists, and also has the highest plus and minus of the team. In a team full of stars, Froya Solberg still manages to rise to the top.

I would also like to bring attention to Brooklyn Physt of the Colorado Raptors. Every time the Grizzlies went up against her this season I was watching her stats keep going higher and higher, even reaching a PPG of 0.98 as part of the defensive line. Her ability to lead a team from defense, as opposed to Froya Solberg's oppressive offensive presence, grabbed my attention as another potential MVP for the season.

"I'm the best there is at what I do... and what I do isn't very nice."

[Image: KMCIWeC.png]

Right now, it seems pretty clear cut as Froya Solberg leads the league in both points and assists (and also by that logic, points as well). Right now, specifically, they have 56 goals, 71 assists, and 127 points. They also lead the league in Plus Minus at 59+. In all honesty, they have already ran away with the title on a spectacular season, and no other forward is catching them, so we have to look to defensemen and goalies for our remaining 2 slots. For defensemen, I can go with Stormlord Imotekh who leads the league in shots blocked at 285, Sergey Ivanov who leads the league in hits at 152, or Brooklyn Physt who also has the offensive triple crown for Dmen (21G, 44A, 65P). Ill give it to Stormlord Imotekh, as they ended up with a top #3 Defensive Game Rating at 81. For Goalie, It easily goes to Song Ju-ging, who had a ridiculous Goals Saved Above Average of 29.57,  highest save% of .918, and wins of 37.