Create Account

S75 PT#5: Who you gonna call? Due: Sunday, March 17th @ 11:59 PM PST

This offseason was a tough one. Another regular season title, another playoff disappointment, and the roster got another year older. It was bittersweet when management called us in and announced their plans for a rebuild, but I think we all understood. Hockey is a business after all, and for every miracle win there's something waiting on the other side. That said, it couldn't have been handled better. When I got the news, the offer on the table was about as good as it gets.

"If you want to stay, the spot's yours. But I get it if our plans don't align with yours at this point in your career."

And that was it, really. Nostalgia, memories, and a lifetime working toward lifting the cup for Edmonton with the C on my jersey had me looking for excuses to stick around, but it wouldn't help either of us. That's when I made the call to my agent to start shopping me around. Knowing what I have here in Edmonton gave me the luxury of being picky, something not a lot of people get in this league, and the move to SFP was more my decision than anything else. It's a tough pill to swallow, being traded, even when you write half the deal yourself, but I have to say I'm excited to see where this next chapter leads.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Option 2 / Written Task

My agent is actually my good friend who I have known since the first grade. We have been best friends since then, and he ultimately went to business school and got his Master's degree, while I pursued the professional athletics route. Once I did start to get serious about playing professionally hockey, I actually reached out to my friend to see if being my agent would be a career he might be interested in. It took some convincing, but ultimately he agreed. Having my best friend as my agent has been awkward at times, as we discuss my salary and things like that. But ultimately, it has been a huge positive. My friend knows me better than anyone else, and when it comes time for contract negotiations, I know that he always has my best interest at heart and will negotiate for much more than just a high salary. I have been very fortunate to have my friend by my side throughout my career journey so far.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

Fileworker PT Pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

First and foremost, if you are going to call an exorcist to your house, make sure you can afford them. If you cannot make the payments, they will re-possess your house. Willow is beyond pissed off by all these ghosts appearing in her condo that she pays entirely too much money for. While the first few were ok, they were all preachy and judgmental and at this point there is ectoplasm on the carpets and that is impossible to get out without steam cleaning the entire thing which no one wants to do constantly every night. So she contacts the best exorcist she knows, Evgeni Petrov. Since retiring from hockey he’s become a famous exorcist because he goes into houses and just starts shouting randomly and scares all the ghosts away forever. Not even the deceased with all the time in the world want to deal with Evgeni rambling to anyone and no one about his recent problems with the fox infestations in the neighborhood. The only downside is you give Evgeni your home address and he will stop by to ask for favors.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

Fry, a native New Yorker, decided he'd had enough of ghostly visits and sleepless nights. He called in the Ghostbusters, hoping they could help him make sense of the strange encounters and get some much-needed rest. The Ghostbusters arrived with their proton packs and ghost traps, ready to tackle any spectral entity causing Fry trouble. Fry explained the situation, detailing his encounters with the ghostly figures of his mite-hockey coach, Bobby Orr, and Connor McDavid. The Ghostbusters listened intently, nodding as they considered the unusual circumstances. After a thorough investigation, they determined that Fry's experiences were a result of a unique convergence of supernatural forces, likely brought on by his deep connection to hockey and the game's rich history. With their expertise, the Ghostbusters were able to restore peace to Fry's nights. As they bid him farewell, Fry felt a sense of relief and gratitude. He could finally rest easy, knowing that the Ghostbusters had his back.

157 words

PBE Affiliate

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

Option 1 this time and well it is ironic you say this cause if he has struggled with sleep then that is the key to making my player perform exceptionally well cause this was my best season and I have just gotten the most points of any defender this season. So clearly when he was sleeping well that is what was costing him!

Not low TPE or anything but just points. Still, Isaac has fellow cultists around him who are super natural and well 1 is a ghost so it is not like this would make him lose sleep. I feel like Isaac would probably fight the ghost or get that Monk trait in D&D that allows people to punch ghosts just to shut them up. Like make the sounds in the morning, not when he needs the sleep.

Worst case Isaac is stubborn enough to found the Canadian Ghostbusters team just to smite this 1 annoying ghost into oblivion.

[161 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Simmer PT Pass

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

That's it! I've had enough of this nonsense! get these ghosts from out my house! It's bad enough McD has been in half the Pts but now the ghosts are unionizing and I am not prepared to deal with that kid who I absolutely devastated from last time. I am going to just sell the house because I don't think I can convince Bobby Orr to get out at any point. Maybe I can use it as a sale tactic to try and extort some money out of another league to feature it is as a Halloween special with all these hockey related ghouls floating around.

Called a real estate agent and have been told that there is no way in hell we are going to sell this house. He suggested I put it on AirBNB and see how it goes. Maybe the constant stream of people are going to be enough to chase all these spirits away and I can back to my own bed. in the mean time I am gonna crash at the Holiday Inn.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Option 1

First I thought those weird dreams had something to do with something I did. Admittedly, I do drink a lot of coffee, but I've always done that and never had these sleep problems. In fact the dreams started a few weeks after I moved into this new apartment. Sure, it is a bit cheap, but it was only meant as a temporary solution while looking for a better place. It's a lot a little old and now when you think about it, it would scare certain people at night. Most other places I looked at didn't accept dogs, so what choice did I have? I should talk to some neighbors tomorrow, if they experience something similar we can probably reduce our rent somehow. I could also sublet it. I've heard haunted tourism is a thing. I could take the extra money and stay at a nice hotel until I've found something better. There are so many options.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Option 2

Agent Tesla: So after all of these interviews that we have had over the years the entirety of the media has suddenly been struck with amnesia and forgot about me?

Dave Heinrich: I think this is a different interviewer actually.

Agent Tesla: Did they not bother to do any reading of our previous interviews? Your work with the media is very clearly minimal so as not to raise alarms about my eldritch existence, and with me handling so much of that work load for you it should be obvious what I do.

Dave Heinrich: I mean that doesn't cover the fact that you bailed me out (of hell), raised me up (from the dead), and got me back into playing shape (by forcing me through training that a SPARTAN-II would call cruel).

Agent Tesla: You know that I can hear everything you think and so whispering will not prevent me from being aware of it.

Dave Heinrich: The whispering was for the interviewer's benefit.

Agent Tesla: Fair enough. Well combine that with the fact that I am the one who pushes the buttons in the outerverse to make sure that the points earned from Dave's training are appropriately applied and I think it safe to say that I am integral to every ounce of Dave's success in this simulated universe.

Dave Heinrich: I can agree with that since I'd still be in that other universe without you.

Interviewer: I was actually here to interview the agent for the model train designer Dave Heinrich. Sorry I think my boss made a mistake.

Agent Tesla: Oh! I can see why you would want to know why he has an agent. Well I guess this was a wasted endeavor then.

Code:
Word Count: 287

Will Tomlander uses the same agent that Magnus Liljestrom used because he found the agent on the Swedish version of LinkedIn (which is still LinkedIn come to think of it) as someone who has represented quite a few Swedish players. It also helps that this agent is Swedish and speaks the same language, as it helps to cut down on communication barriers. So far, Will Tomlander has been happy with his agent, and that is mostly because he is a simple guy and is happy with the team that has drafted him. If there were to be moves, maybe the agent would have to work harder but for now it is unknown. Tomlander is looking forward to debuting in the SHL and seeing how well the Seattle rebuild goes, even though they didn't get the first overall pick multiple times like Montreal, he feels that the picks that Seattle made were really good and will bring future Hall of Fame players to Seattle.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

Crazy Tomato's agent is dwayne johnson as he's been in the spotlight a lot on the past with a ton of movies and his muscular build scares off GMs to pay me more, Crazytomato prefers having someone that is well-known as his agent as it makes him more notable in contract negotiation. once crazy tomato signs his contracts he doesn't do much with his agent as he isn't popular enough to get sponsored and he doesn't think a friendship is something agents should have. Crazy Tomato would consider a family member as an agent if Dwayne johnson wasn't available though as he feels it would help his family by keeping the money in the family but his family mostly works on a farm and doesn't like doing finances. all in all crazy tomato likes having someone intimidating and notable as his agent as it gives him the best chance at a player friend deal

[Image: 9x1vcNx.png]

Option 2:
Written Task: Offseason is good time to call your agent to make sure you both are on same page about your players career and any potential moves or upcoming contract negotiations that could be done during next season(s).

Back when JJFJJ decided to join the SHL he also decided he would never use an agent. Agents bring nothing to the table in his opinion, they rarely speak french which is his preferred conversational language and they only take money. And after all who knows better for what he wants in a contract and from a team than himself? He would rather take a lower deal that pays less than take a higher paid one where part of the money goes to someone who only talks for a living. If in his career he would ever want a trade he would just go to the General Manager and ask for one, why need a someone in the middle. This mindset has been with him his whole life. Even in his junior career he did all the talking necessary. His father taught him from a young age to stand up for himself, and that is what he is and will always be doing.

163 words

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

Dominik’s agent, most of the time, is his grandfather, Alex Winters. He, of course, was an SHL player in his own right and he is used to negotiating contracts with the various GMs in terms of getting the best possible deal for Dominik with regards to his money, clauses, and the teams that he signs with. Alex does hand over Dominik’s endorsements and things like that to another member of his team in the agency. They would be able to ensure that he gets the maximum return on his investment with regards to his time and effort. It can be hard to negotiate these deals, and Dominik has a good team to be able to put himself in the best spot. Of course, it’s not a perfect science and it’s not always going to work, but he can’t complain about the team and they do a great job for him to be able to have some comfort in his life.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52