Create Account

S75 SMJHL PT #6 - Playoff Dreams Due: Tuesday, March 19th @ 11:59PM PST

The crows were doing a schedule of a ton of practice and laps up and down the ice but I skipped out why did I do this? The answer is simple I simply was injured I had just flown back from San Antonino where I pitched 2 innings in my first major league game I allowed no runs but I was in pain. I could skate fine but my arms where in agony my already brittle core from all the hits and blocks my body was barley hold together so I could barley even hold a stick. So when it came for shooting practice I went to the bench I sat and watch my team warmup and get ready for the playoffs while I sat watching and waiting for them to finish. I felt awful about this so I put extra effort in the film room but in the end it didn'tnt matter the crows were eliminated from the playoffs.

[Image: Make-a-photo-realistic-epic-image-of-a-h...a-go-1.png]

The Newfoundland Berserkers are known for their hard work and determination. They have been preparing for playoffs like no other team has ever before. They wake up at the crack of dawn go out for morning run eat a healthy breakfast then head down to the training facility. Once they get to the Mary Browns Center (or any away facilities on the road) the players all do their off ice training lots of stretching along with a plethora of workouts. At around noon they all stop training for a quick bite to eat along with an hour break. After lunch break is over the team hits the ice. The coach puts on a great last stretch of practices we run all the plays we know will destroy whatever comes in our way. We also do as many skating drills as possible we gotta keep ourselves in good skating shape. Once the practice is all over we end up hitting George street to have a few beers with the team and have a good time before we have to really lock in playoff mode.

[Image: cuffana.png]

Well sadly, the Grizzlies did not make the playoffs.  Thankfully its the last season of the current format and that won't happen again. Thomas Hudson will be working out and training to continue to work on his game as a young player in this league.  Thomas will also spend some of his off time volunteering at a homeless shelter.  Community engagement is very important for Thomas and wherever he ends up playing he hopes to have a positive impact on the local community.  

Another very exciting experience for Thomas will be heading to Norway for this years World Junior Championships.  Hudson was selected to center the fourth line for Team North America.  Playing time might be limited, but the more ice time he can get the better, and hopefully will be a nice final showcase before the SHL draft. Thomas has been scouted by a couple of teams so far and is excited to represent an SHL team sometime in the not so distant future.

[Image: hudson.png]

The Whalers knew they didn't really *deserve* to be in the playoffs, but they were there nonetheless. Robo Sven has had plenty of playoff experience, just not as an android, so he rallied the team as best as he could. After all, no one cares how you did in the regular season if you shit the bed in the postseason. And vice versa, no one cares how you did in the regular season if you end up winning it all in the posteason, or even make a surprising run overperforming what most people thought you were capable of. So the Whalers took the postseason as a fresh start, ready to prove everyone wrong and prove that they did belong. Ultimately they fell just short, falling to the much favored Falcons in 7 games, but I can guarantee you that not many people thought they would take Detroit to a pivotal game 7. This sort of success can only be built on next season.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

Making the playoffs was great, but for the fact that we were eliminated in the first round despite being the favorite for the series. I think it is safe to say we probably shouldnt be giving advice on how to prepare for it since we were not prepared lol. So make sure you do more then what we did.

All the extra free time has been a drag to be honest. I definitely spent most of my free time watching the paint dry as we get closer to the draft. I've been trying to keep in shape off the ice, but without hockey it is a tough task to do. I've been eating a lot of different chicken fingers, and trying a lot of different sauces. So that has been a big win for my free time. As we near closer to the draft I hope scouting conversations will pick up as it will make time faster as we head towards the draft and next season!

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

[Image: p6mKW2M.png]

[Image: jovera.gif]

[Image: tZH05l4.png]

Regina got ready for the playoffs by drinking copius amounts of water, why did we have to do that. Well to get the arena ready of course. Regina's home ice is known for one thing and one thing only. Piss. Ice. What people don't know is that management makes the players supply the piss for the ice. 

Therefore after our final training session we are expected to sit there and drink and drink and drink. Miovski was able to sneak in some German Pilsner's his favourite alcoholic beverage to help make the process be a bit more enjoyable.

By the time the team is down the smell I'd unbearable but you quickly get use to it. The Elk's veterans didn't bat an eye whilst Miovski had to suppress a few gags. They came back the next day to look at their work and sure thing the ice had that patented yellow tinge and the place was ready to rock.

How did the Raptors prepare for the playoffs?

Well, being in Colorado has its advantages. We have higher elevations at our disposal. We began each day by jogging up Eldora Mountain with logs on our backs. Once at the top we would strip naked and participate in yoga. Obviously, being nude atop a mountain is pretty cold. So our next task is to chop the logs we carried up and construct a fire. Except theres a twist, we were not provided an axe. Instead we had to lace up our skates and use our legs to slice the wood. Once the fire is constructed, its time for lunch. Coach says a hungry player is like a fruitless pear tree.
Our diet consisted of canned Lima beans and oysters.

After lunch we performed mediation. Before going back into physical activitys. For an hour we must sit in silence while coach plays their favorite jigs on a tin whistle. Once we are of sound body and mind, its time for the main event. The Downhill Puckoff.

While on our skates, we race down the icy mountain. There is a goal at the bottom, and a puck is dropped at the top. We must skate down the mountain while battling for the puck. Every player for themselves, and the winner is the one who arrives at the bottom and shoots the puck in the net. The player who scores get to spend the rest of the day hanging out with coaches cat, Duncan, while the rest of us scrub the toilets. And trust me, canned Lima beans and oysters cause some weird bowel movements.

Entering my 1st J league Playoffs for the Malamutes nerves and anxiety were running high. Thankfully we clinched the 1st round bye by winning the EOTTIRD Division. With the extra time off the Mutes organized team outings. Ice Fishing and snowmobiling in the vast frozen tundra it was all fun till a player to not be named decided to get nude and jump on a mobile proceeding to get stuck. it was a "Team effort" to free them. After that Alcohol was ban on all future Team activities moving forward.

At the end of the week we were granted free time, some chose to stay nearby and others chose to go home for a few days. Me personally chose to go home spend time with the wife and family, I took this time to reflect on a long rookie season while grabbing some R&R for the big matchup vs Maine Timbers. Fast Forward 1 week we found ourselves up 2-0 in the series and feeling good. 3 straight Losses later including a gut wrenching OT loss we found ourselves on the brink of elimination and we all know how this story ends.

WC:192

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: 53556226276_2eace1e209.jpg]
Bleed Black and Gold
[Image: malamutes.png]LD #6 Dash Jackson- Yukon Malamutes Blizzard
[Image: 53364500956_b676deb89a_w.jpg]

How do you solve a problem like Maria? How did the Armada prepare for the playoffs? How do you get "up" for something that you were already qualified for before the puck was dropped to begin the season? Through no fault of their own, the current structure of the SMJHL sees all three teams from the EOTTIRD division (as well as Addition Subtraction) have their ticket punched to the "dance" regardless of their record at the end of the season. 
With that mindset the Armada were a comfortable bunch for most of the season. Perhaps too comfortable at times as they would go through stretches of dominance followed by others where they were clearly on autopilot. It is possible that this level of comfort played into what would be a first round loss, but can't really be used as an excuse since their opponent, the Carolina Kraken, were in the exact same position since they play in the same division. 

However, that only looks at the play "on" the ice of the Armada before the playoffs. What of the off-ice preparations made by the Anchorage players? 

Unsurprising to most who follow the team, the players as well as former alumni had a small get-together huge "Fire Gabe" party. For as much as "Go Boats" was used as a rallying call amongst the team all year, it's conceivable that their was nothing more morale boosting than the team's united front on getting their GM relieved of their duties. In fact, come to think of it, maybe the poor play of the "Boats" during the post-season was a concerted effort by the players to do such a thing. Of course, people will argue that no player would ever put themselves in a position to deliberately lose. But this IS Gabe we're talking about. Hmm....

Conspiracy theories aside, their wasn't much the Armada switched up before the playoffs. Players could be seen around the locker room, chatting about their favourite subjects (Kanye, McDonalds, Football Manager). If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Unless it is broke, but you don't know it. In which case, you can't fix it. Problematic. I digress. Maybe things in Anchorage will be different next year when it comes to playoff preparation. However doubtful that may be, you can always count on the Armada for one thing when it comes to gameday rituals during the regular season or playoffs. Sticks in the center of the room and a boisterous shout of "Go Boats!".

[Image: bobdigi9.gif]

The St. Louis Scarecrows found themselves back in the playoffs this season, despite finishing dead last in the overall standings in the SMJHL with a 15-50-1 record. But due to the quite weird structure of the J, they got in over a slightly better team in Kelowna, and a MUCH MUCH better team in Great Falls. Not wanting to squander their chances at winning a cup, the team full of mostly younger players and rookies practiced extra hard, continuing to gain chemistry as a unit. The goal for St. Louis is contending in another season or two, and keeping things sustainable. Despite the extra practice and growing confidence in themselves, St. Louis took on Maine and things did not go well. Maine swept St. Louis 4-0, out scoring the Crow Bros 24-5 in the 4 games played. The Scarecrows remain undeterred inside the locker room however, and they’re focused on next season already. (153)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

The Carolina Kraken prepared for the playoffs like any self respecting cult would - worshiping and idolizing our god, Eottird. Eottird blesses us with the strength to defeat our enemies and the wisdom to be good teammates to each other. Because he refuses to directly influence the lives of mortals, Eo does not provide us any advantages on the ice, but his presence is felt in every shot, check, and fist bump among those wearing the orange and black. Through his guidance we found victory and strength both against the Anchorage Armada and Colorado Raptors, even though those that have not heard the word of Eo had written us off. Now as we head into the offseason and turbulent times in the league, Eo will surely guide us back to even greater reward in the playoffs next season. We will deliver his message across the new conferences and new alignment of the league.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

The colorado raptors of the simulation hockey league (junior major division) prepared for the playoffs in a very strange way. Instead of training and doing video session on how to beat their adversary, they started weird cultist like behaviors trying to sway the "sim gods" their way. As well all know, the hockey gods exists however the sim gods are still very debated on if they exist or not. So the sim gods are very cruel, just like the hockey gods, and the cultist behavior we partaked in is to ask "sim wen" as much as we can. We would also send praygers to ice cream bowls. Takk, the co-gm even promised us free ice cream on multiple occasions if we won. This is of course an offering to the sim gods as when they reap the cup winners at the end of the playoffs it is rumored they also ingest all the stuff the players ate during the season, and their favorite food is ice cream. So we try to incite them to let us win so that way they get that delicious blue moon wisconsin ice cream sprinkled with yellow sparkles.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

With Lyle Odelein IV joining the SMJHL and the Anchorage Armada late in the regular season, he was learning the ins and outs of the Armada players, coaches and locker room on the fly.  The team and the city welcomed Odelein with open arms and he wanted to make sure he could help the team in any way possible.  The Armada were already in a comfortable playoff poisition and they held that spot all that way to the end of the regular season.  The team never really took their foot off the gas pedal though, they wanted the division title and fought tooth and nail against the Yukon Malamutes.  They ended up finishing the season with 72 points good enough for 2nd in the division.  That matched us up against a familiar opponent for the Armada, the Carolina Kraken, but not for Odelein.  In the two games that Lyle dressed against the Kraken twice in his 21 SMJHL games, winning one with a score of 8 - 5 and losing the other 6 -2, with Lyle being held off the scoresheet in both contests.  He wanted to do better against this divisional opponent, which he kind of did, he registered 4 assists in the 6 game series, a tough loss for the Armada, but they will be back to compete for the Four Star next season, and Odelein has a taste of the playoffs now and will want to build on that again.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

Coming into the playoffs this season we knew that we had our backs against the wall. We ended the season with 24 wins, 42 losses, and some how 0 losses in overtime. This left us with 48 points on the season and in the situation of having to play in the Round 1 of the playoffs as the lowest seed and against the Regina Elk who finished 5th in the SMJHL with a 77 points, a staggering 29 more points then us. We already knew this playoff run was going to be a challenge and we were going to give it everything we got and take advantage of the changes we did get. As for the first round it worked out even better then we had hoped, as we were able to knock off the Regina Elk in 6 game of round one. It shocked a lot of the hockey world especially the elk. It didn't get better from their though, our next round was against 1st overall Quebec City Citadel. Quebec City put up a astounding 105 points and were going to be a huge task to take them down as well. We were able to jump out to a 2 to 1 game lead but then the wheels fell off. The skill in Quebec took over and they were able to dispatch of us in the 2nd round in game 6. We knew we were going to have a hard time with teams like Quebec and Regina but we believe we proved a lot of media wrong with how we stood up to them.

[Image: HIXWkkp.gif]

HE SHOOTS HE SCORES

JOHN LANGABEER NETS IT AND TIES THE GAME!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AND HE SCORES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! JOHN LANGABEER JUST SCORED THE 2 BIGGEST GOALS OF HIS CAREER IN A MATTER OF 10 SECONDS!!!!!!

WEST KENDALL TAKES THE LEAD!!!!

S41 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7, Game Tying and Game Winning Goals.