Create Account

S75 All Star Week Due: Sunday, March 31st @ 11:59 PM PST
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 03:31 PM by karlssens. Edited 3 times in total.)

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.
claim 2

Code:
8. Written, 3 TPE, 75 seasons worth of stars (150 words min.)
It is 75th season and we had excellent media series produced by Luke that showcased the best players the league has ever had. Your task is to make an All-Star line (3 forwards, 2 defensemen and 1 goalie) out of those 75 players. To make it bit harder, you can only pick one player from each of the following ranges: 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-55 and 56-75. Who you pick and why?
F- Joe Kurczewski - In the 11-20 range I'll take captain clutch himself, Joe K. When he entered the league he was in the shadow of some other greats like Anrikkanen and Randleman, but as they aged out Joe continued to find new levels of success and not only managed to get out from their shadow, but surpass them. He leads all players in playoff points still I believe too.
F- Tony Pepperoni - In the 21-30 window I'm taking Pep. The swiss army knife of all star forwards he could do everything and leads Edmonton in every offensive franchise statistic.
F- Mike Izzy - In the 31-40 spot I'll take the Augment. Love him or hate him, mostly hate at this point, his first gen player was a resounding success having been nominated for the Dar award 8 times. Toss in 3 cups and a couple of Razov noms, he was an impactful player every shift.
D- Alonzo Garbonzo - In the top 10 spot I'm taking Garbonzo. The 9 time all star and 5 time Stevens winner is the Nik Lidstrom of the SHL and the top available defenseman in the history of the SHL.
D- Scott Stevens - In the 56-75 spot I'll take the man himself, Scott Stevens. With 7 nominations and 2 wins for best defenseman they opted to rename the award after him. Not much more needs to be said here.
G- In the 41-55 range I'm taking Tommy Tuck. I'm surprised he fell this far given his accolades, but I guess there are a lot of successful goalies. His prime window from S45-49 was all time and I think he'd best any goalie during that time.

Code:
10. Written, 3 TPE, One foot inside the Hall (150 words min)
Make a case for a player to be inducted in Hall of Fame, check out the list of players from last ceremony post and pick any player that didn't get inducted and wasn't on their final year (as this isn't the place to argue about votes that already have passed). Let everyone know why they should be inducted to Hall of Fame.
Based on the players that missed the S69 class the player I believe that's most deserving to be in the hall that already isn't is Manhattan goaltender Peter Larson. There are several other high end goalies in recent votes that have bumped him down the last few years like Elizabeth Doyle and A Jobin, both of whom are equally deserving, but now it's Larson's time. The 3 time all star has 16 seasons played, 270 wins, a pair of McBride trophies, 1 Challenge Cup and 1 Razov for MVP that season. Those numbers get him in the conversation, but what puts him over the top is the Khan award win and Mexico nom as regular season MVP. Goalies don't typically get nominated for those awards, let alone win one of them. Both Doyle and Jobin haven't done that and they're already in. I think Larson gets in next year as the top eligible goalie.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

CW Pass

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

gm

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

CW Pass

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

GM Pass

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 06:44 PM by Toivo. Edited 3 times in total.)

Milestones +3 tpe

Code:
9. Written, 3 TPE, Most Decorated (150 words min.)
I will make the case for the Los Angeles Panthers management to get GM and Coach of the season award. They built a very strong team and then went on a wild run at the end of the season. Closing the season out with a huge streak and then going 16-1-1 in the playoffs is a testament to their coaching ability. Thus, I see a clean case for GM (building this great team) and coach (finding great strats for the team down the stretch) of the season. It will be telling how next season goes and whether the management tandem performs as well in the follow up season. I think they have made their case for these awards this season, and I hope that they can punch their ticket next season and the following ones. There’s something brewing in the front office of the Los Angeles Panthers, good roster building + tapping into that full potential to go on a historic playoff run.

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE, Participation Trophy (100 words min.)
This is an interesting question with a couple ways of attacking it. On one hand, it’s great for marketing and fan representation when all the teams are represented in the all star game. On the other hand, all star game typically implies it has the best of the best. The game should theoretically have the best stars of hockey in it. I wouldn’t want fans of teams without the best players to not see one of their players in the all star game. Also, some might argue that players on better teams have easier time becoming an all star. Should a player with good stats but no supporting cast be pushed ahead of good stats on a great team? I am not sure about that

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

Milestones

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)

Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write
about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Let's delve into the prowess of Shoyo Hinata, Billy Herrington's teammate on the Atlanta Inferno, who rightfully earned a spot in the All-Star Game. Shoyo's selection was practically a no-brainer, given his exceptional skills and undeniable impact on the team's performance.
As a forward, Shoyo brings a dynamic blend of speed, agility, and scoring ability to the ice. His relentless work ethic and dedication make him a standout player on the team. Shoyo's ability to read plays, create scoring opportunities, and finish with finesse makes him an offensive powerhouse. In the upcoming All-Star Game, expectations are high for Shoyo to shine on the grand stage. With his electrifying speed and knack for finding the back of the net, I anticipate him to dazzle fans with breathtaking plays and contribute significantly to the success of his team in the game. Shoyo Hinata's presence in the All-Star Game promises excitement and highlights the league's top talent. With his exceptional skills and contributions to the team's success, Shoyo Hinata is poised to leave a lasting impression in the All-Star Game and solidify his status as one of the league's top players.

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE, Participation Trophy (100 words min.)

Currently every team gets to send at least one player to the All-Star game. Are this seasons selections good in terms of team variety? Would you prefer more even selection from all of the teams or more focus to be put on individual performances despite the teams they represent? Do you think it is important for each team to get representation?

This season's All-Star selections bring in a mix of teams, ensuring there's a bit of variety in the lineup. It's cool to see players from every squad getting a shot, but maybe we need to ask ourselves: are we overlooking some standout performers just because they're on smaller teams? While it's great to spread the love and give each team some shine, we shouldn't forget about those under-the-radar players who are crushing it out there. Finding the right balance is key. We want to celebrate individual excellence while still making sure each team gets a piece of the action. Sure, having every team represented adds to the fun and inclusivity of the All-Star Game, but let's also make sure we're giving props to the real game-changers, no matter who they're playing for. After all, isn't that what the All-Star Game is all about? Recognizing the best of the best, regardless of jersey color.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Gm cw pass

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

GM Pass

[Image: Pi43cEV.png]
Big Thanks to @Sburbine & @Carpy48 for the dope graphic!
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/sgu3vVP.png[/img]

GM Pass

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Milestones Link

I think the current selection process is pretty good overall. I feel like there needs to be some sort of representation of skill even though we want every team represented at the game... so it's only natural that some teams, that had a much better season, to be represented. I feel like overall each team should keep the possibility to send someone there so that there is some variety of players and we do not only have the most dominant of teams available there, which would get very boring and repetitive, very quickly. I would not change anything from the current process.

Code:
Words: 100+

9. Written, 3 TPE, Most Decorated (150 words min.)
Adam Prpich is the easiest choice to win the Mexico and Khan as the seasons most valuable player. Not only did Prpich lead the league in goals and points, but he led the league in even strength points... an under-rated stat. Even though he has a teammate also solidly inside the top 10 of points - not only does he lead him by twenty seven - he also leads second place in points overall by 14. He is the clear MVP winner, and I don't believe there's anyone else really close. Other Mexico nominations that should be considered include both Alexsandr Iskandrov who had the third most points in the league, twenty eight points more then the next best teammate; and then also Jack St. Clair who had the second most points in the league, 16 more points then next best player on their team. However, both players fall short and did not out perform Prpich by any stretch.

Code:
Words: 150+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

GM Pass

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Simmer pass

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2024, 08:57 PM by Kyamprac. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

+3 TPE

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Mia Lavoie made it onto the SMJHL all-star roster along with two of her teammates, Edouard Lavoie and Teal'c. Having both Lavoies on the team should come as no surprise, as the pair tore it up on the same line together and brought a challenge to every team that faced Maine all season long. By the end of the year, Edouard found himself in the top 10 in the league for points with a final tally of 94. While he racked up the goals, Mia threw 156 big hits and sent some pucks his way to earn a bunch of juicy apples.. but making sure to finish and score when the team needed her most with 8 GWG. On the defensive side of the puck, Teal'C helped make good things happen and finished his season with a 25 +/-, 77 takeaways, 94 blocks and 123 hits. On top of that, he contributed to the offense putting up 20 goals and 33 assists.

(161 words)

Code:
Currently every team gets to send at least one player to the All-Star game. Are this seasons selections good in terms of team variety? Would you prefer more even selection from all of the teams or more focus to be put on individual performances despite the teams they represent? Do you think it is important for each team to get representation?

I've never been a huge fan of all star week either in real life or in sim sports, so I'm kind of indifferent to who lands on the rosters and who doesn't. That said, it is always nice to have a teammate or friendly face to cheer for. Having representation from each team might be kind of cool for that reason and maybe get more people engaged in the event itself, but probably wouldn't make sense if players had a flaming garbage season and seemingly little to contribute to the game. That said, that season might not have been entirely their fault so maybe it would give them a shot at showing what they can do in a different environment. I don't know, and really don't feel too strongly about it either way.

(133 words)

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3

HO Pass

[Image: Lodge-Sig.png]