Create Account

S75 All Star Week Due: Sunday, March 31st @ 11:59 PM PST
(This post was last modified: 03-30-2024, 09:25 PM by PapaSorin. Edited 3 times in total.)

1) Milestones +1TPE

5) [Image: Dark-Brown-Bold-Modern-Creative-Winter-E...2-0000.jpg]
+3 tpe

7) [Image: photostudio-1711848279094.png]

+3 TPE

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

1. Milestones, 3 TPE
3 Claimed Milestones

2. Written, 2 TPE
a. If I were the coach for the western conference, I would let Isaac Forty-One and Emil Egli play together on a line one last time. I have no concern for letting the other pairing get extra chemistry with each other. As far as I'm concerned, they are the enemy next season and I don't have any interest in making them better.
61 words
b. I would let the Inferno and Panthers duos showcase their skills together as opposed to split them up. The all-star game is meant to showcase the best talent of the league that season, and there is no better place to showcase the chemistry between these talented players. They make each other better and the broader audience of the league should see that.
62 words

3. Written, 3 TPE
The Tampa Bay Barracuda had a pretty good season and while my player RIP THUNDERDOME did not make the SHL All Star Game this season, the team still has 2 representatives in the game. The 2 reps are both forwards, Benson Fiorentini and Johnny Wagner-Svensson. Both of these players had excellent seasons and deserve to be in the game. Honestly, it is pretty ridiculous that Fiorentini had to be voted in as one of the last men in. He led the Barracuda in points with 105 which was also good enough for 5th in the league. He was also 3rd in the league in goals with 55. He should have been in from the start no doubt. Johnny Wagner-Svensson gets his second all-star appearance with another excellent season as well. He scored 102 points with 45 goals which puts him within the top 10 for points and 14th in goals. Both these players will look to repeat next season.
159 words

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

J GM pass

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

PH

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.

Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.

Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3492821

3/8 TPE

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

Code:

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
+2 TPE

Code:
[code]2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Before last players are picked Edmonton is the only team that has 4 players selected for the game. Among those only defensive pairing from a single team Isaac Forty-One and Emil Egli. They both were traded to new teams this offseason. Would you let them play one more time with each other or would you highlight them with their new teammates Dirty Boots and Brandan Laroux who also made it to the game?
b. Inferno and Panthers got to send two forwards each, Shōyō Hinata and Binko Koivu from Atlanta and Adam Prpich and Derek Martin from Los Angeles. Would you let them show of their chemistry and potentially dominate the game by letting them play on the same line or is All-Star game prime opportunity for them to show their creativity and skill even when playing with other top players?
c. Should the starting goaltender be the one who arguably had better season? Or as the stakes aren't as high as usually would you think it is better to offer the experience for the goalie who has had less appearances? Or maybe honor the one who has had more? Who should start and why?
d. Aleksandr Iskandrov and Wide Peepo Happy 3 Koivu get to play on their home arena as Hamilton is hosting the event this season. Does it matter more for the fans or the players that they get to play in front of home crowd?

a. The All-Star Game is a for-fun game, there will be plenty of time for Forty-One and Egli to develop chemistry with their new teammates in camp. Let them play together one last time. Sentimentality is a huge part of All-Star Games - how many aging vets get voted in in their final season in real life?
b. Like I said. All-Star Games are for fun, and the main novelty (and one of the few defenses nowadays as they get worse and worse) of them is seeing stars from different teams playing together. It's not like either have been traded like Forty-One/Egli so there's no sentimental value, nor are any of them retiring.
c. Honestly? Leave it up to the fans to decide who's starting, because that's who these games are supposed to be for. If the fans want to see the workhorse, let them. If the fans want to see the better player who doesn't play as much, let them. If the ASG doesn't cater to its fans, who is it for?
d. It's more important for the fans, I keep banging this drum but it's the truth (and I want my TPE dammit). In real life, players almost dread the All-Star Game unless you got ballot stuffed in or it's like, your first time. We all saw that viral video of Bjorkstrand. It does hit a bit more for the players that it's at home, but it means more to the fans.

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE, Participation Trophy (100 words min.)
Currently every team gets to send at least one player to the All-Star game. Are this seasons selections good in terms of team variety? Would you prefer more even selection from all of the teams or more focus to be put on individual performances despite the teams they represent? Do you think it is important for each team to get representation?
I genuinely don't believe it's important to get every team participating in the All-Star Game and I sure as *hell* don't think we need *more* pity nominees. Take for example, Montreal, who's been so bad in recent years that I think most good J teams could probably beat them uncapped and would still give them a game capped. Do we really need Damien Hirano this year or Dick Clapper last year as "All-Stars"? Instead of much better players on teams that are actually serious? They have as many All-Stars as *WINS*. That's pretty daft if we're being honest. I don't care about variety, I care about merit.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 07:58 AM by OrbitingDeath. Edited 3 times in total.)

Milestones +2 TPE:
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3492880

Task 8: All time all star team +3 TPE:
This is a task that I love to do as I don't really follow the all star game that much, but since we can dive into the past and i've been here for over 10 years, it's fun to make a team.

From the rankings 56-75 I can ofcourse only select the #58 of the list, which is my first sim league player ever: Ivo Willems who will play on the left wing.

From the 31-40 range, I will go with #31 David Winter. As during the time that both me and my wife were sharing a locker room with him and he and Joe McKeil living in a country next to us, we kept telling them to one day visit us. Unfortunately that plan never came to fruition, but that alone is enough for me to warrant a selection in my all star team

In goal I wil go with #30 of the list, Ryan Jesster, as he is the guy that first drafted both my first player and my wifes first player. He made our desire to go to the same team a reality, with using the first ever Buffalo Thunder picks on us. It's a shame he wanted to go back to Calgary almost straight after.

From the 1-10 range I will go with Joe McKeil, for the same reason as I went with David Winter. Joe, if you read this, you are still welcome to visit.

Now I just need two defenseman, so for 11-20 I am going with Darian Scherbluk, and from 41-55 Tor Tuck.
Both for no other reason of needing defense for my team.

Task 9: Most decorated award + 3 TPE

A new award to be given out this year will be the backup goalie of the year award, and that award will go without a doubt to Rhett 'Shaggy' Carpet of the Winnipeg Aurora. Backing up Rebecca Montagne on her last season with the Aurora Carpet came to 28 games played and almost 1500 minutes of hockey, preparing him for a starting job next season. With an 18-5 record, the Aurora performed a lot better with Rhett in net, then they did with their starter. During these games he saw 673 shots against of which 617 where saved, this leads to 56 goals being scored against it, this is an average of 2.24 goals against average. If that wasn't impressive enough, Carpet also got a total of six shutouts in the entire season, that alone was enough for the Winnipeg management to cut ways with Montagne and believe in Carpet for the future. And to top it off, the .917 save percentage, is also worthy of this award. So congrats Carpet on this award.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

1. Milestones +3

4. I do think it is important for each team to send one representative in order to spread appreciation, but the outcome is very different in the SHL vs the NHL. Look at Montreal - they flat out sucked but had to send someone. Nothing against Hirano, but having an All Star that ended the year a minus 141 is abysmal. Worst rating on the worst team. Probably a razzie record tbh. In the NHL, that stuff just wouldn't fly because teams aren't that bad. I would support a movement to only include the "must have one"s for the top 15 teams, then any exceptional players in the bottom 5. +2

10. I think James Truong should be inducted into the Hall of Fame. As consistent a player as there ever was, Truong never had a bad season, put up great supporting numbers, and was very defensively gifted. In 7 of his 9 seasons, teams could only average 2.8 goals against him or less. That's better than average. Sure the awards may be lacking, but Truong is a five time Gold winner with Canada. Always reliable on the ice, Truong was a renowned Hall of Fame level memer and was known around the league as one of the best locker room guys. I don't remember reading on the Hall of Fame gates that you "must have so many trophies." Seems to me the top criteria is to be famous and I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't know who James Truong is. So the HOF committee should do the right thing and let him in on his final year of eligibility. +3

8/8

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

1. SMJHL Milestones

[Image: DIsmdUx.png]

Please feel free to PM with any questions or concerns.

Code:

3 TPE

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE, Participation Trophy (100 words min.)
Currently every team gets to send at least one player to the All-Star game. Are this seasons selections good in terms of team variety? Would you prefer more even selection from all of the teams or more focus to be put on individual performances despite the teams they represent? Do you think it is important for each team to get representation?

This system is infinitely better overall because back in the older days it was nothing but Hamilton and Buffalo players hogging all the places, hell the seasons I got nominated or even won awards I didn't make it in which is just stupid. One person getting in at least gives everyone a fair chance. The good teams already still do get a decent number of people within them too since well my Edmonton team mates have me, Emil, Jack and the goalie so it is not like we only force 1 to go. Every team deserves this at least once to give them hope and help teams build rosters long term.
[111 words]

5 TPE

Offseason Fun Time

Code:
9. Written, 3 TPE, Most Decorated (150 words min.)
Make a case for a player or user of your choice to win an award or multiple awards.

So overall I am just going to say since its been a long time since my last peak that I could finally talk about my own player and I have just gotten nominated for best D player in the majors. Luckily I have collected the most points out of all the offensive themed D players as well. Isaac was the leader from pretty early on and whilst Emil almost came back to beat me in points that did not happen and I have a few points over both other nominee. It feels pretty good to get that and now going forward on Texas I can build a resume for hall of fame which will be amazing. Hopefully these next couple of seasons do not have any problems and the even more offensively focused player can get the job done in farming points so I can return to this question about gunning and hopefully/rightfully winning best D player again! Or at least another deserved nomination.

[165 words]

8 TPE

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

asw pass

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

HO Off season pass

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

GM Pass

[Image: banes.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 12:19 PM by MrPresident. Edited 1 time in total.)

Milestones +3
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3493017

6. Kristian Seppanen was terribly snubbed from the All-Star game. Seppanen consistently finishes among the top of the league in blocked shots, takeaways (with some of the fewest giveaways among the top takeaway players), strong hits, solid points, and continually gets snubbed despite his role in Yukon. It is a travesty that Kristian Seppanen did not make the all-star game, when he feels he was certainly best defensemen material. Not even in as a last man in role. Sadly, the All Star Committee seems to prioritize a different set of counting stats than Seppanen collects, but it's okay because Seppanen is confident that his contributions to his team were the most valuable - and while underrated by casuals, Seppanen is confident he will man down the blue line for a long time in a successful Atlanta Inferno roster. Seppanen fully believes he will have a Hall of Fame worthy career despite these snubs and will recover from his disappointment, and will channel this disappointment in to winning more important acknowledgements, such as Challenge Cups. (172 words, +3)

2(a). If I were the coach of the All-Star team, I would ask the players where they would like to play. They have had fantastic careers, and deserve the respect of deciding for themselves. That said, regardless of the choice, I would have them on the ice together for their final shift, as an opportunity for the great fans of Edmonton to give them an ovation and thank them for the cup. (71 words, +1)

2©. If I were the coach of the All-Star team, my starting goalie selection would depend on a number of factors - with "who had the better season" low on the list. Priority would be given to a goalie who is retiring, if there is one - as one last hurrah for a fantastic career. If not, I would prioritize giving a first-time All-Star the start. Afterwards, I would look for good story lines - similar to that of the John Scott story line in the NHL a few seasons ago. The All Star game must be fun for the fans, for the players, and for those putting it all on...so just the "better player" may not mean much. (115 words, +1)

Code 1. 2TPE https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3492113

Code 2.e. 1TPE Lester Oiduser should always make the all star game. I mean I got a BOJO nomination, but not a place in the All Star game? Come on people. I did make it last year, so maybe they weren't impressed with my all star performance last season to have me come back. VOTE OIDUSER LAST MAN IN! Or don't, I could use a break. 65 words

Code 3. 3TPE NOLA has just the one player this year in Peter Tingle. In only his 4th season in the show, he has made great strides in improving his play and fully deserves making the game this year. We were a low scoring team last season, but Tingle really showed he has the skills to make it big in this league. I think him playing with some of the other top stars from other teams will really open his eyes to what he can achieve, and maybe he can learn something as well. I expect Tingle to enjoy himself, have some laughs and have a good skate around and represent what NOLA is all about, which is getting better, competing, and winning games. This should give him the drive to keep improving and hopefully have him play good enough next season to make next seasons game! Because we have a lot of talent in the pipeline and there is no guarantee you make it back, so make sure to have a good time while you are there. 175 words

Code 4. 2TPE While I do think that every team have representation at the game is important, there are some cases where that just seems unreasonable. Look at Montreal this season, they have nothing going on, and really no one even stood out above the rest of that dumpster fire to need to be at the game. I understand from a fans point of view that you want to see your own team at the game, but I think even they would agree that this season is best forgotten, and to be wiped from memory. Another problem with not having each team get an auto bid, is most of the time you would end up with about 3 teams having 3/4 of the players, with some scattered representation from the rest of the field. No one wants to play in, or watch something like that. 143 words

8TPE Total

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

GM pass

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]