Create Account

Atlason Presser
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2024, 12:29 PM by HabsFanFromOntario. Edited 3 times in total.)

Ólafur Atlason has called a press conference today to discuss what he considers a grave threat to the moral integrity of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. A rarity for an undrafted prospect to have the audacity to call a press conference or the sheer magnetism for the media to actually show up to listen to what he has to say. Atlason, wearing a suit and aviators stares directly into the sun with no regard for the health of his eyes. His face a picture of frustration and worry, the obvious pressures of what he is about to disclose raging through his mind. He approaches the podium, promptly as the clock strikes 11:30 and begins to speak.

"I am a simple man, I choose to do unto others as I would have done unto to me. I believe in the power of healing and rehabilitation of people that anybody can be redeemed for acts through contrition and effort, trying to make up for what they have done. I am a forgiving and giving person who tries to leave the world a better place than I left it. I say these things not to impose an image in your mind of a self absorbed saviour but to lend credence to the words I am about to speak. There is a man... well boy I should say who has declared for the SMJHL draft. Under no circumstances should he be allowed within the league to poison its roots and ruin the pure joy of junior hockey that we hold dear. Jeyeff Effo is a vile man, beyond redemption or honour. A man I once considered my closest friend and trusted with my life. All he does is lie, lie to get whatever he wants in that moment. He even claims to be Icelandic and yet possesses no naturalization paperwork or heritage from our proud country. If you don't believe me, ask him to procure them and hear the excuses begin. He is not to be trusted and I leave these words as a warning to you all. I will be taking questions about my future in the SMJHL or SHL or anything else but I refuse to spend another second discussing this man, what you do regarding him at this point is at your own risk."

Atlason then stayed at the podium awaiting questions.

"Marc Godin, Ile de Gros Bois News. Is it fair to say you're modeling your game around Latvia great and recent Cup champion Edžus Ozolins? Some reports indicate you have connections in the Edmonton Blizzard organization, is that true?"

"Well Marc, I have never heard of this Ozolins but I definitely could model I've been told. If there were players I followed in the SHL or SMJHL it would be Jack St. Clair, a cerebral great and always making those around him better or Kristian Seppannen who showed the transition from Europe to the SMJHL isn't always an easy road but you can be successful by listening to the coaches and hard work."

"Dingleberry McGillicuddy, Dildo Gazzette. It seems there quite a bit of animosity between you and Effo. Would you care to elaborate on why you have held a grudge for so long? And how do you think you will react if and when you play your first game against him?"

"No comment."

(Feel free to ask questions as though you were a reporter at this event and I will try to answer them in character)

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Who da fuq is Jeyyef Effo?

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

03-18-2024, 11:52 AMmicool132 Wrote: Who da fuq is Jeyyef  Effo?

@Eggcracker9

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

Is it fair to say you're modeling your game around Latvia great and recent Cup champion Edžus Ozolins? Some reports indicate you have connections in the Edmonton Blizzard organization, is that true?

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig![Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=661b6612&is=6608f11...0f071bc3c&]

"I do what I want" - Jeyeff Effo

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

"líka, þú verður að biðja móður þína um að útvega ríkisborgararéttinn minn. Ég virðist hafa óvart skilið þá eftir þarna í gærkvöldi." - Jeyeff Effo

Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2024, 12:28 PM by Eggcracker. Edited 1 time in total.)

It seems there quite a bit of animosity between you and Effo. Would you care to elaborate on why you have held a grudge for so long? and how do you think you will react if and when you play your first game against him?

Side question: 
Effo has been throwing insults at you on Chirper, you seem to have struck a chord with your comments. Do you see any way of resolving this tension?

Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM

03-18-2024, 11:54 AMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: @Eggcracker9

And where da fuq is Ile de Gros Bois?!?

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

03-18-2024, 02:32 PMMikeLiut Wrote: And where da fuq is Ile de Gros Bois?!?

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%8Ele_Grosbois Marc just messed up his own hometown's name, he's not a great reporter.