Create Account

no longer inactive/hall of fame presser
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2024, 12:14 PM by bluesfan55. Edited 12 times in total.)

hi
i'm bloos
i was ia for a long time
now i'm not
ask me questions i want money

03-19-2024, 05:11 PMSeany148 Wrote: What are your best memories from the SHL?
Which users do you remember, any inactives that you'd like to see active again?

there's a lot of them, so bear with me. first joining the league was pretty fun because i really wanted to play for st louis. i remember dming joe basically saying "please sign me please" and then they actually did which surprised me so playing there with lombardi was a hoot. i really enjoyed being in san francisco at the start and end of my career with lombardi, and playing for the north stars and riot was also super fun. but i think the most fun i had was with van der heijden. spending my j career in anchorage and winning the four star and mvp and meeting a lot of fucking awesome people was a blast, and a great way to keep me interested in the league. i'm so active in the anc locker room today because it's basically become a second home to me, and i love talking to everyone there. i even got to be @Ragnar's co-GM for a bit and while i was not very good at it it was awesome to be a part of running a team that's become so close to my heart. while my time in new orleans was pretty short and mostly unenjoyable, scoring a cup-winning goal was pretty sick. i enjoyed playing for new england despite being a little shit at the end, but when i think of my best memories in the shl, i think of hamilton and philadelphia (and anchorage!). playing in hamilton turned van der heijden into a stud. i had the best goalscoring season in shl history there before scoring got all insane, won an mvp, and won a lot of cups. it was awesome to shoot the shit there, win stuff, and vibe with the people in the discord. and philadelphia is just a great place. the culture there is awesome, and there's no other team i would've wanted to wind down my career with. even though i played there before they became a juggernaut, it was nice to be on a competitive team and i retired knowing they'd become the team that they ultimately did.

again, there's a few. @ml002 was the main reason why i loved my spell in toronto so much; he fostered a great team culture there and it was an awesome place to be. @SAwful was one of the funniest people ever and i miss him a lot. @Tomasnz is just a very nice person; same with @Memento Mori and my favorite anchorage aussie @Weretarantula. i could name more but i genuinely forgot because being ia has made me forget a lot of things about the shl

03-19-2024, 05:15 PMWhikadoodle Wrote: Hi bloos
Good to see ya
What are your goals for your new player?
Anywhere you want them to go in the SHL?
Do you like any of the new teams?
Have you tried the Player Portal yet? Do you like it?
Is there anything about the league you're surprised to see?

with regazzoni, who's not necessarily new, i just want to be a solid top 6 player for the rest of my career. i know i won't crack 2k, i know i won't win any awards, so i just want to have a solid career and do what the team asks me to go.

i'm fine sticking with the steelhawks for the rest of my career but i wouldn't mind playing on other teams later in my career. there are some teams i've always thought about playing for that i never have so maybe i could one day, but for now i'm with the steelhawks and i'm happy to be there.

like many people i thought the ai san diego branding was not very good so i'm glad they're going in a more original direction. the highlanders branding is pretty cool though. like i said i haven't been around enough to have a well-informed opinion and i'm also too lazy to go look at them any further but that's really all i have

i was around for a bit when the player portal began and i must say the fact that it's streamlined updating has been such a fucking blessing and it's made my life updating-wise a lot easier. i'm a big fan of it and think it's one of the best things the league has done ever so thank you dev team you've done some great work with it.

i think i'll have to find out for myself as i reacclimatize but coming back and not seeing the thunderdome (i'm saying this like i wasn't semi-active when it went extinct) is just weird to me. having been a member for 7 years (scary) i was so used to the thunderdome, and while there was a lot of shit in it some useful stuff happened through it so i miss having a place like that to scour through drama and such. hell, i think i thunderdomed someone once and it was very fun. i miss being able to do that even if it was a joke and seeing all of the copypastas.

03-19-2024, 05:23 PMaleks Wrote: Hey bloos
Favorite co gm ?

hey aleks. i've played under a lot of them because i am (in site terms) an old man but i would have to say this guy named aleks he seems pretty cool and he's done a good job replacing my old favorite co gm rotticus scott

03-19-2024, 05:27 PMscudmuffin19 Wrote: hi bloos

Favorite curse word?

this is 100% a ploy to get me suspended if i say what my actual favorite curse word is so no fucking thank you

03-19-2024, 05:46 PMtrella Wrote: Hi bloos, congrats on the hof Smile

What made you come back?
Are you going to recreate after finishing your current player’s career?

Hope you’re doing well bud

thanks! getting hof was actually what inspired me to come back in the first place. it came as a pretty massive shock to not only get into it in the first place, but as a first ballot too (iirc)? that's fucking insane. so to get that honor made me realize that maybe i should come back. i'm already pretty active in the anchorage discord so i've always kind of been around but i saw that and i was like "holy shit i think it's time for me to start earning again". obviously it helps that i'm a season away from regression so i can still earn to my heart's content before i lose my tpe, and that i somehow had an almost-ppg season last year, but i know my way around the site and even though i'm so far out of the loop it's insane, i still think i can build a good player with regazzoni. also helped that i've had a lot more free time on my plate opened up now, so i need to fill it somehow.

recreation is a tricky question. depends on the time factor, so if i have the time, i probably will, but if i don't, i probably won't. a fourth player is likely to come at some point, but i don't know when that'll be, or if it's going to be immediately after i retire regazzoni.

03-19-2024, 06:20 PMTroy_McClure03 Wrote: Do you know me?

How many baked potatoes can you eat at one time?

i think i do! the name sounds familiar; in fact, if i'm remembering correctly we were teammates in hamilton, but i probably don't remember any conversations we've had (sorry!)

2. my stomach is my worst enemy

03-19-2024, 06:54 PMJepox Wrote: who's your favourite wen brother

should gabe be fired?

when are we hanging out on campus

sim wen even though he fucking sucks at hockey is my favorite so congratulations. i was actually going to be like "what the fuck is a wen brother" but then i realized you were talking about yourself

yes, yes a thousand times yes #hirefiggy

ball's in your court buddy. missed out last year (that was YOUR FAULT) so it's up to you

03-19-2024, 08:39 PMThisSeemsFishy Wrote: Bloos : )

If there was one user you would do anything to play with, why is it me, and what would you do to make it happen?

i never got to play with the legend that is TURG TURG because he was a boat the season after i called up. i missed turging time and i want to rectify that so i would move literal mountains to get to play with TURG TURG and make up for what i missed out on. i would genuinely do anything to have TURG on my line because it's TURG TURG.

03-19-2024, 11:11 PMGrum Wrote: heyo bloos .-. congrats on the hof man, very well deserved

What have you been up to lately?

What do you think is more important to Anchorage: The gm or your rookie tours?

As a long time user is there anything else in the SHL you want to accomplish?

hello grumothy! i've been busy with a lot of school stuff. classes haven't been kicking my ass but they've been keeping me busy, and i'm currently learning german which has been pretty fun. i'm also a frat boy now (shocker!) so i've been doing stuff with that and extracurriculars too. but, like i've said, i have more time on my plate, so here i am.

obviously the rookie tours, which i have been slacking on as of late because of my inactivity, because anything is better than having gabriel johnson as your general manager.

that's a good question. i've won challenge cups, i've won four star cups, i've won iihf golds (but not wjc). i want a wjc gold with my next player whenever that happens, and maybe to branch out and play for shl teams i've never played for before. that would be fun, to see a new locker room, discern whether i'd like it or not, and then try another one out so on and so forth. having been a steelhawk for the majority of my past two players' careers, i'd love to play for other teams in the future (but to reiterate i am a steelhawk now and i will remain dedicated to them until i choose to leave, whenever that may be)

03-21-2024, 05:37 PMBy-Tor Wrote: Why is Switzerland the best?

it just is. after lombardi i wanted to create a player who was unassigned and would then get to go to a smaller federation and do some building-up if you will, and i found that in switzerland. i was fortunate enough to be co-head with @Segi for a long time, and the work he put in to get the federation to where it is today is astonishing (and doesn't get enough credit imo). to see the country become a gold medal-winner and consistent competitor for medals is awesome, and i couldn't be prouder of the small role i played in that.

03-21-2024, 05:55 PMBadWolf Wrote: Welcome back bloos!
Congrats on HOF
If you could only have one drink for the rest of your life, what would it be?

i would say beer, but that can wait a year, so i'd say kombucha instead. is that a shocker? oh yeah, 100%. but my stomach is pretty bad and good kombucha made right tastes pretty good (and is just generally good for you) so i have to pick it

03-21-2024, 06:51 PM_Blitz_ Wrote: Hey Bloos, good to see you back!

What is your favorite change you've seen so far around the site?

i mentioned it before but definitely the automated updating. it makes everything a lot easier (no more stupid claim threads, no more update pages, no more having to claim your ac manually) and it's been implemented super well. i haven't exactly been a huge fan of some changes the site has made but automating the update system and making the index look as slick as it does (sths this is not) have been two of the best things i think we've ever done.

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

What are your best memories from the SHL?
Which users do you remember, any inactives that you'd like to see active again?

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

03-19-2024, 05:05 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: hi
i'm bloos
i was ia for a long time
now i'm not
ask me questions i want money

Hi bloos
Good to see ya
What are your goals for your new player?
Anywhere you want them to go in the SHL?
Do you like any of the new teams?
Have you tried the Player Portal yet? Do you like it?
Is there anything about the league you're surprised to see?

Hey bloos
Favorite co gm ?

[Image: izzy.PNG]

hi bloos

Favorite curse word?

[Image: sobchak.png]

Hi bloos, congrats on the hof Smile

What made you come back?
Are you going to recreate after finishing your current player’s career?

Hope you’re doing well bud

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Do you know me?

How many baked potatoes can you eat at one time?

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

who's your favourite wen brother

should gabe be fired?

when are we hanging out on campus

[Image: Jepox.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2024, 08:40 PM by ThisSeemsFishy. Edited 1 time in total.)

Bloos : )

If there was one user you would do anything to play with, why is it me, and what would you do to make it happen?

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

heyo bloos .-. congrats on the hof man, very well deserved

What have you been up to lately?

What do you think is more important to Anchorage: The gm or your rookie tours?

As a long time user is there anything else in the SHL you want to accomplish?

bumping because i would like more questions

Why is Switzerland the best?

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Welcome back bloos!
Congrats on HOF
If you could only have one drink for the rest of your life, what would it be?

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Hey Bloos, good to see you back!

What is your favorite change you've seen so far around the site?

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

if anyone else has any questions feel free to ask but if not this is ready for grading