Create Account

Sir Devoir visits his old carnival

Sir Devoir sighed as he looked at the tired face of the Gallade that was before him in the mirror. While he thought that his transformation into a human was permanent, but luckily a wish upon a shooting star gave him the ability to shift between his human and Gallade form. "Now if only it could turn back the clock" he sighed, noting the age in his eyes. He hated the term "Mid-Life Crisis" because it implied his life was half over, and he likes to think he has more than 30 something years left in him. However, he was feeling pretty down in his hotel in Osaka Japan, and he needed to do something with his downtime...

Frustrated, he shifted into his human form and headed out of his hotel to the shops below. The good news about his human form is that less people recognize him, so he can walk around and not be bothered as much. The Baltimore Platoon had lost in the second round to the Philadelphia Forge for the second straight season, and while he has a lot of faith in his team and in his playing ability, he really hope that they can win a cup before he gets too old to be a goalie anymore. No, no time for those thoughts, he has a place to be. He just really hoped it was still there, and that they still recognize him.

As he got into his rental car and got closer to the countryside, he heard the comforting sounds of carnival music. King Bozo's Traveling Carnival, it's still here. He headed up to the ticket taker and prepared to buy a ticket, anything to just get into the place. "One VIP ticket please" he says in his native Japanese.

"Of course sir just a- ummm excuse me sir" the old ticket taker says after hearing his voice "but you sound very familiar"

"Oh! Right... It's you Koji-San" Devoir does a respectful bow as he shifts into his Gallade form "it's me, Sir Devoir"

"Oh Devoir my boy it has been too long" Koji smiles "you do not need to buy tickets, we're already almost sold out and you know we always say that you are welcome back anytime" He leads Devoir inside, where one of the clowns is waiting to lead him into the VIP area "your mother will be very happy that you're here"

"Mom's still here?" Devoir asks, his ears perking up.

"Yes and very much alive" the clown says as he leads Devoir past everyone "I doubt many people here would recognize you from you're carnival days so much as for your SHL days, it's been a long time since then and much of the old guard has gone"

"I figured that was the case" Devoir says as he looks around "looks like the budget got larger"

"Oh you noticed that did you?" The clown smiles "yeah, my father told me a lot about the time when you were here. My name is Kaito by the way, my father was Akio, do you remember him?"

"He was the one who had a fire eating gimmick, and also told pretty good jokes" Devoir smiles

"I am honored that you remember him" Kaito smiles "he's still alive as well, but is too elderly to be with us traveling"

"I guess age does slow you down eventually"

"Yes and you have entered past the age of 30, so I know you feel it too" he leads Devoir to a building towards the center "she mostly works as a fortune teller these days" Devoir opens the door, and sees his Gardevoir mother Coral. He could immediately recognize her, even with the age in her eyes and he had to stop himself from bursting into tears.

"Sir Devoir my son, it is ever so wonderful to see you" Coral says as she opens her arms for a hug, which Devoir immediately gives her. The room certainly looked comfortable, with tons of bedding and comfy chairs and a fancy TV in the center.

"It is wonderful to see you too mom" Devoir smiles "I just regret not seeing you sooner"

"Ahh my son, but you are here now. However I can sense that something is troubling you" her face has a look of concern "what is the matter?"

"Still as observant as ever mom" Devoir sighs "I just feel myself getting older, and it honestly is bothering me"

"I can understand why it would bother you, you're afraid of no longer being in your prime and the continuing effects of age."

"You pretty much hit the nail on the head mom"

"Well my son, I was in your shoes many years ago, about the time when you left. I just was scared of being older, and was scared of not having you and your sister here"

"Speaking of which, does she visit you?" Devoir asks

"Actually yes, she and I have tea occasionally ever since she moved back to Japan." Coral giggles slightly "My son, in my capacity as a fortune teller, the only thing I can say to you is that I do believe you can do more great things. Just keep working hard and getting better in the ways you can my son, because to me, you are the best goalie in the SHL and I always try to watch you play"

"Thanks Mom" Devoir smiles "that does make feel a lot better. Do you mind if we have a few cups of tea?"

"Why of course my son!" Coral smiles as Devoir to grab the team in order to have a nice moment with his mom while he can.

This was mostly kind of a vent post about how I am feeling now that I will be 28 this year. I know 28 is not 30, but I still don't feel young. Anyways I thank you all for reading and I hope to see you all on the ice!

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]