Create Account

Post Draft Interview with Argonauts (Media x2)

Intro: The SHL draft has come and gone, and recent draftees will be joining their new teams in the next couple of days, in no doubt it is an exciting time for both the players and the organizations. The league is still waiting on a couple of big events on the SMJHL side regarding expandion and their regular draft as well. However, with todays in depth interview we are going to focus on a Seattle Argonauts draft pick. This player was drafted in the second round with the 35th pick, and would be the first pick of the draft for Seattle. Who’s the player you ask? Caper Poirot! 

Thanks for joining us Caper, we appreciate you taking the time. You’ve been quiet in the media front so far to this point, so thank you for taking the time for your first public interview with us. We know the Seattle fans are looking forward to finding out more about you and your personality. 

1) Tell us about draft night, were you with a big group of friends, and family following along with the draft? Were you on laptop live streaming a second hand feed? Did you even get to catch it at all? It must have been an exciting time when you first got that call saying you’ve been drafted to Seattle? 
"Thank you for the opportunity! I wasn't necessarily projected to go in the first round of course, but I had invited family and friends so it was a pretty exciting moment hearing my name on the TV, for sure. Felt surreal almost, you know, we work super hard to get to this point so it's pretty satisfying to see it all play out. The call went well, got to talk with the GM Eddie, super nice guy. I'm Very excited to be playing for a team like the Argonauts."

2) Now, when you eventually make the jump to Seattle from Vancouver what are you most looking forward too? The two cities are close to each other, will that make things easier? 
"Yeah. the first thing I thought of was 'Won't be far of a drive, at least' haha. I've been to Seattle before, it's a super nice place, I enjoy the places like restaurants and the stores, and the people are always very kind to me, so I'm excited to spend some more time in the city and getting to know it better."

3) Vancouver is coming off a tough season that saw some change. How did you find the season? 
"I found it a good learning experience. One of the most important things as an athlete is knowing how to lose. But not only knowing how to lose, but how to rebound and put that losing behind you and just focus on the now. I'm dedicated to the sport, and while it was absolutely not the most stellar season, my teammates and coaches and upper management helped to make it helpful rather than miserable. It made me more prepared for future endeavors."

4) The new season is right around the corner, what are your team goals with the Whalers, and your personal goals for the season? I think it is safe to say Caper will take a step forward this season, and receive more ice time. You setting up any expectations for the season, or are you going to take it game by game? 
"Just take it game by game, as you said. I'm more accustomed to the speed of the league and how to win games in it. I'm ready to take on more of a leadership role this coming season, I'm sure some rookies will appreciate that, so that's what I'm interested in this coming season. Other than that, of course, just improve my game, become more well rounded, just keep working hard."

5) To finish off the questions Caper, we save the best for last. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life what would that meal be?
"That's a hard one right there haha. I'll have to go poutine, I grew up eating it so every time i have it, it takes me right back, plus it's pretty damn good."

[Image: t0DZX3k]

Lets go!

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

woo! Congrats again on Seattle!

[Image: lily-sig-3.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 10:05 AM by AuggieO. Edited 2 times in total.)

Go Whalers *insert whale emoji here*

Whalers       Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers  
[Image: bdDUUbs.jpeg][Image: cJ0kyj1.jpeg]
 Whalers       Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers