Create Account

Dale Murphy Report- S75 IIHF Top Performers to Date (2x media)

Hey everyone, guess who it is? Dale Murphy, your favorite beat writer!
Having just been sent to Norway I've so far seen that the States, are... struggling. But since, I've become acclimated with a few other teams here, and it's time to see who are the top performers to date!

Rikkert Biemans leads the tourney in scoring to date with 6 goals, tied with Tom Pederson. The Germans and the Brits have both played 9 games. To score in 2/3 of your games is quite impressive! But how about Edward Elric? With 5 goals in 7 games he actually leads the tourney in goals per game! He's been a huge part of Team Canada. Alas, at 4-3 they still have a ways to go before being crowned champs of even Group A! If they win both of the games they have at hand on Team Japan they can tie them at 18 points though.

I have an apology to make. It seems, Gabe does not suck. Ganbe Dabson 10 assists tie him with Dominik Winters of Czechia and Benson Fioretini of the USA. But Sophia Bordeleau has 9 assists in just 7 games for Latvia, making her the leader in assists per game. 

in the world of points, I really like the way Peter Meowski is playing for Great Britain. His 13 points leads the tourney, and it's nice and balanced, 5 goals, 8 assists. But Sophia Bordeleau has 11 points in just 7 games for Latvia, making her the leader in points per game. Sophia, as mentioned, actually has just 2 goals though, and actually they both came on the powerplay. She would round out her game nicely if she'd score more 5v5. Still a great player.

As far a specials, how about Reed Kobo with 3 shorthanded goals? You've got to be careful against that Swiss penalty kill! But it's the Finish who have 4 SSG, Outdoor Truck with 2 and two other players at one each. Finland and the Swiss have each played 10 games.

The Irish do a great job shot blocking! Nevek Kove, Seamus O'Slapahan, Tosty O'Bigbers and Jack McCarthy are all in the top 10 in the tourney!

I just feel that we have to shoutout Base Pack with 7.93 goals saved above average for Team Japan! What a performance for the All-Star Forge goalie. Walter Sobchak may catch him, seeing as Canada has played 3 less games that Japan, but Pack has been great, just like Sobchak.

So, that's all we have for today. More IIHF action is coming soon!

This episode of the Dale Murphy report has been brought to you by Pepsi
-----------
446 words, 2x medaia
Signing off
Dale Murhpy

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]