Create Account

Petition to Remove Polarizing Questions from PTs

I just want to add to this:

I have had students that began identifying as female in the second grade. By third grade, she had moved schools to be completely out as herself. 10+ years later she's the same incredible human.

I have had students who began questioning who they liked at a very early age.

I had crushes on girls when I was younger too, but I didn't understand it and didn't think it was okay because nobody talked about it. At all.

Kids experience these feelings (It's no different than straight kids experiencing straight crushes, but we just don't question it because it's what society claims as the norm). There's absolutely nothing wrong with sharing with others that gay people exist. There's nothing inherently bad about having that as a discussion that sometimes people have crushes on people of the same gender, and sometimes they have crushes on people of the opposite gender.

My niece at 3 says she wants to marry a girl best friend, and it's no big deal. It doesn't mean she's identifying as a lesbian at 3 years old, it just means she's completely okay with having these ideas and recognizing them as normal, because that's what they are, normal. There was nobody who forced anyone to have these feelings, it's just how we are.

If I asked my 5 year old niece "Do you want to wear rainbows to show that it's okay for anyone to love anyone" she'd be just thrilled because it's a rainbow. If I asked my 13 year old nephew, he'd be thrilled because he absolutely supports people liking whomever they want to like.

Teaching kids that humans just want to love other humans, and sometimes that takes the form of men loving men, or women loving women is not any different than sharing about how mommy and daddy love one another.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]