Create Account

Post Draft Look at Philly's Prospect (2x Draft Media)

Hey everyone it's Dale Murphy here! I'm back to talking about the SHL, although I am still stationed in Norway for the IIHF.

I'm taking a look at the how Philly's prospect line look with the new draft additions!

Coming into the draft, Philly held the rights to the following players:
From the class of S74
Gewmba Stolemamoney at 711 TPE, this center will soon be a huge part of the Philly team!
Leonard Wood this RW has 763 TPE
Marek Carda this RW leads all the Philly prospects at 783 TPE.
Cob O’Corn this RW has 647 TPE
From the class of S75
Launchpad McQuack the goalie of the future for the Forge has 489 TPE.

As you see, they have a nice bunch of wingers coming up, either this season or next. The organizational holes is certainly defense, and maybe a LW, but I'm sure at least one if not two from the S74 class will move to LW.

So the Forge go get three players in the draft.
Mark "The Tater Tot" Jagerson a center
3WW Wingmate-Roc a right winger
The Cod Father a left winger.

The hole at defense is certainly large.

The current defense isn't particularly young either. Lenny Hawk is the second oldest player on the team (S62), with Sam-Sam Emerson (S63) right behind and Red Kirkby (S64) even moved to defense this season to try to beat his aging self losing the speed he had as a winger.

It will be interesting to see how the Forge manage the defensive shortage. I would've loved to see them take a defender at some point during the draft. Jack Booth went at 21, just 3 picks after Jagerson, Bijon Miovski went just two picks after Wingmate-Roc. Joe Degen was on the board when the Forge took The Cod Father.

While the three the Forge did grab are all good players, their defense will need some help. It may have to come in free agency.

That's all folks!
This has been the Dale Murphy Report
Brought to you by Pepsi
Signing off,
Dale Murphy
------
348 words, 2x draft media

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]