Create Account

IIHF Semis Are Here (2x Media)

Hey everyone it is Dale Murphy! With the quarterfinals in the books, we have reached time for the semi-finals!

While my predictions were pretty weak in the quarters (1-3, with only correctly predicting Ireland to advance), we will see how they go in the semis!

Game One: 3. Sweden Sweden vs 8. France France

The Underdog: France knocked off the Finish for the third time this tourney, and this time for good. Doing so in a 4-1 win that was never really in doubt. Alexsi Kettu with two goals in the third to put the game to bed. Shots going 56-34 to the French. They face another tall task in Sweden. How will it go for the French?

The Favorite: The Swedes knocked off the tournament host in a dominating 9-0 win, shots going 40-28 for the Swedes. M'Baku Oluburi with 2 goals, Matsmith Söderberg-Tremblay had five points. Jon St. Ark perfect in 28 shots. 

Games Played: Sweden beat France both times, 2-0 and 5-3.

My pick: Sweden 6 over France 1

Game Two: 4. Ireland  Ireland vs. 7. Canada   Canada

The Underdog: Canada comes off a trashing of Japan, that actually was 4-3 Japan in the second period. Canada managed the last 4 goals to win 7-4. Shots were 55-34 Canada, quite a well done game by them. Evil AllBran had 3 points in the game.

The Favorite: The Irish beat Germany 4-1 with shots going 38-28 for the Irish. Derek Martin had himself a 3 point night. 

Games Played: They split the two games, Canada winning 3-0, the Irish 5-3.

My pick: Canada 6 Ireland 5

I really liked Canada's round robin, I think they got unlucky. But beating the Japanese, who I thought was the best team in the tournament? That has me going all in on Canada.

So how do you like my picks? Will I be dead wrong again?

This has been the Dale Murphy Report
Brought to you by Pepsi,

Signing off,
Dale Murphy
-----------
330 words, 2x media

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

That would make a really good final! Hope you will be right Wink

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]