Create Account

[2x first article] - S76 SMJHL Draft - Top 10 rookies predictions by points
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2024, 03:24 PM by MikeLiut. Edited 6 times in total.)

With the SMJHL draft now finished, I wanted to go over all the new rookies from the the S76 class and try to predict who would be the top 10 producers in points at the end of the season. Please note that I'm a rookie myself so I'm not familiar with the sim league process, but I have played a bunch of FHM in the past. Yes, I have excluded myself (I won't finish top 10 anyways). To do this ranking, I looked at every single player that was drafted and actually, ranking them was a lot harder than I expected it to be but I had a lot of fun.

Good luck to everyone this season! Long live the S77 draft class.

Player Name: Gwendolyn Telenn
Team: Nevada Battleborn
Draft rank: 1
Position: C
Height: 5 ft
Weight: 150 lbs

The French player from Lannion is a very interesting prospect. With above average acceleration and agility, Telenn is in the top players for her physical ratings. The pressure on her is great being drafted 1st overall and already being seen by her fans as a key contributor to the struggling Nevada Battleborn.The main issue with Gwen is her height, standing at only 5 feet, she will be one of the smallest player ever to skate on a SJHML rink. Add her a foot and her ranking could be in the top 3. With her $7.8 million bank balance and her discipline to to be active, Gwen should perform well in her first season. I doubt she will come out first in the SHL draft however.

Player Name: Skyler Stevens
Team: San Diego Tidal
Draft rank: 14
Position: RW
Height: 6 ft 1
Weight: 200 lbs

At the 9th position, we have sniper Skyler Stevens, right wing of the San Diego Tidal. Lacking range with his shot, she is lethal from close range and will be one of the best scorers of this rookie class. Her speed is also quite high and could be an issue for opposing defenses. Even though Stevens has a great shot, her passing skills are a tad low and her defensive skills could be improved. Don't expect her to accumulate hits this year or to block any shots. Her teammates know Stevens is a liability on defense.

Player Name: Sam Volta
Team: San Diego Tidal
Draft rank: 18
Height: 5 ft 10
Weight: 165 lbs

Next, we have skinny center Sam Volta from Montreal, Quebec, another player from the Tidal. Volta is a very well rounded player with good attributes at every essential part of a hockey player. He can get open, has good offensive read, a good shot and a good shooting range. His speed is also a tad higher than average for a rookie. With only his weight being an issue, Volta could easily slide in as a top point performer this year in rookies. The type of player that his teammates  can trust and who knows what to do with the puck.

Player Name: Nor Gee
Team: Quebec City Citadelles
Draft rank: 38
Position: LW
Height: 5 ft 10
Weight: 185 lbs

At the next position, we have the rich Norwegian Nor Gee who stays in the North to play for the Quebec City Citadelle. Nor Ge has a bank account of $87 millions (!) and will be able to be a key contributor for his team. He his probably the best at reading the play offensively from this draft and has good passing skills. We can expect Ge to be in the top for assists for rookies in 77.

Player Name: Hockey Player
Team: Ottawa Highlanders
Draft rank: 9
Weight: 200 lbs

Our next player is Hockey Player who was born no where (he's probably an alien). Ottawa wasn't afraid of this and selected him with the 9th pick. Player has the best puckhandling skills out of this rookie class and you can expect opposing defenders to have a lot of trouble getting the puck out of him. These skills should compensate for his average passing, shooting and speed and help him be one of the top performers in this class.

Player Name: Kobe Frobe
Team: Maine Timber
Draft rank: 46
Height: 6 ft 3
Weight: 204 lbs

You know how every night you dream of that one teammate you had as a kid that would put the puck exactly where you wanted it, exactly on your tape and did perfect tape-to-tape passes? Well look no further players of the Maine Timber, your dream is about to come true. While his reading of the play might benefit from a few weekly pratices,, Frobe has the best passing skill out of this rookie crop and should be leading in the assists column for the rookies at the end of the season. With also good shooting abilities, his team will be able to rely on his offensive output. Now, the only worry is he hasn't been seen since March 18, so I'm counting on the fact that he will be back (very) soon...

Player Name: Sam Quintilio
Team: Regina Elk
Draft rank: 40
Weight: 210 lbs

A surprise pick, I know. Quintilio is another one of these very well rounded centers who doesn't have any holes in game. Good passing, good shooting, good speed. The perfect 2nd line center. I expect a lot of points on a deep team in Regina. The lost of many top players should help him have a lot of playtime.

Player Name: Jefferson Steelflex
Team: Anchorage Armada
Draft rank: 7
Position: LW
Height: 6 ft 2

Jefferson Steelfex gets a top spot in my top 3, not necessarily for his current ratings (which are quite good on its own), but more on the fact that he has 58 banked TPE and, well destributed, could make him a force in this rookie class. With already above speed and good shooting accuracy, I see him as a player who could surprise everyone. Now, let's remind him to help out in defense a bit too.

Player Name: Marián Hanák
Team: Great Falls Grizzlies
Draft rank: 45
Weight: 215 lbs

Slotting in at the 2nd position for my prediction is Marián Hanák. He is at this position for one main reason, his shot. While he doesn't have amazing range on it, his accuracy is very strong and should have him leading the rookie class in goals this year. He has good speed for a rookie also and good offensive reading. I expect him to be one of the main goalscorers for the Grizzlies and get a lot of PP time.

Player Name: Swedish Chef
Team: Carolina Kraken
Draft rank: 5

Finally, at the top spot, we have the 7th overall from the last draft from Stockholm, Swedish Chef. While not a singular skill will jump out, his overall touch on the ice will make him a key contributor to the Carolina Kraken. With an impressive 219 TPE points already applied as rookie, we can expect him to be of the top rookies this year. A bank balance of over $100 millions will also deeply help him improve his skills and make him of the great playmakers in this league.

Please note English is my 2nd language
Total words is 1443, but a large chunk of those are info on the players so judge as you will.

Great article :D

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Thanks!

Appreciate the shout homie

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

Great squad in this room

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]