Create Account

S76 PT #1: One night in Tokyo Due: Sunday, April 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

Sunrise van de Schubbekutteveen willingly accepted to participate in the Global series as he always had a curiosity towards globetrotting and Japan sounded like an interesting place to visit. Naturally, he took the chance to go and get gifts for his friends and family back in the Netherlands. The orphans that had been moved to the village's newly built orphanage asked for Pokémon dolls, one of his brothers requested loads of Fate Grand Order dolls (especially Mash Kyrielight ones for some reason), one cousin requested the missing chapters from her Fruits Basket collection and his father somehow thought it was a good idea to request some obscure movies that were produced and gatekept there.

Playing away from home is an interesting opportunity whichever way you look at it and Japan is far from being a questionable place to play. Were it to be, say, Saudi Arabia, Israel or Qatar; it probably would be a bit more concerning. After the trip, Sunrise proceeded to suggest other locations like his own home village in Schubbekutteveen, Amsterdam, Cologne, Berlin, Bern and Rio de Janeiro, for some reason.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Option 1:

The Vancouver Whalers participated in Taskmaster- hockey edition when they were in Japan for their games. The first challenge presented to the Whalers was to “get this hockey puck as far away from you as you can in 5 minutes or less” They were placed next to a goal on an SHL sized ice rink. NoNo Jo ran as far up the bleachers as he could and threw the puck into the nose bleeds. GMs Son stole a drone out of the Janitors closet and started flying it away until the clock ran out. Some of the other players shot the puck down the ice, much to the Japan viewers dismay due to lack of creativity. 
Overall the Japanese really enjoyed having the Vancouver Whalers come and entertain them, they have been told that they will be welcomed back with warm arms whenever they come for their next games. There were even some fan run chirper accounts made for some of the players.

Words- 163

Whalers       Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers  
[Image: bdDUUbs.jpeg][Image: cJ0kyj1.jpeg]
 Whalers       Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers        Whalers  

PT Pass

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

After I found out that my team would be a part of the SHL global series I was super excited because I have no traveled much so far and would love to experience other countries. Outside of the games being played and events related to the SHL, I want to explore as much as I can around the various towns and cities to get a great understanding of what the Japanese culture is like and to be immersed into it. After arriving in Japan I have realized that I have a decent size following and first wanted to hold a very last minute meet and greet to meet some of the fans and to answer any questions they have about the SHL and the sport of hockey in general. Next, being a part of the game show is an amazing opportunity to show off my comedian skill, however I am not sure my American related jokes will be as funny in Japan.

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

Ever since minor hockey Jesus Murphy has always enjoyed a roadtrip with his hockey buddies, especially one off events or tournaments that are out of regular routine. It offers a good chance to play hockey while also getting out of the typical day to day life and enjoy new experiences with teammates. In particular, a trip to Japan gives a chance to be part of a pretty significant SHL event on top of experiencing a host of new things in a completely unfamiliar setting. This sets the table to make memories and new fans in a non-traditional hockey market that could make a great host for a new wave of fans and players to come onto the scene with this push to promote the sport. It should make for an amazing trip for Jesus and all of his teammates, and will likely be an experience each of them along with many Japanese fans will remember for life.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

PBE Affiliate

Credit to Meo for the sig
[Image: image.png?ex=6578da45&is=65666545&hm=61c...d8861e9fc&]

If there is one thing young Lyle likes almost as much as hockey, it's travelling. So when he heard about he upcoming games in Japan, he couldn't have been happier. A little known fact about Lyle, is that he is loves watching game shows. It doesn't matter if it the Newlywed Game from the 70's or the 100,000 Pyrimad with Michael Strahan, he will watch it and enjoy it. One show that was one of his favourtie as a kid was the 'game show' MXC (Most Extreme Challenge). He learned a long while ago that this wasn't actually the same a the real Japanese show, Takeshi's Castle, but still loved it anyways, and broadened his knowledge of Japanese game shows in general. When he found out that he would be going to Japan to play, it was actually him that contacted the Japanese game shows to see he could make an appereance. He was thrilled when they all accpeted, now he just has to figure out how to fit this all in, on top of his actual job playing hockey!

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

Option 2

Jamie was very excited to go to Japan, not growing up playing in arenas means that it's easier to play in road and neutral environments for him than a lot of other members of the Carolina Kraken. In the end it's still the same competition and same game that he's growing used to so it's not really anything of note. Seeing Japan for the first time was special for Jamie who is still learning about these new countries and continents, he enjoyed going to all of the historic sites and museums that more closely resembled his experiences than the museums amd historical sites in america that dealt with the time in between his existences. The fans have also taken well to the behemoth of a forward, reveling in his relentless play and physical presence on the ice - Big Jamie was one of the most popular players among fans and local media alike.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

A global series game sounds incredibly exciting, even if it means on missing out on a true home opener. Anna has been all over North America since leaving home to come play in Quebec City, and getting to visit a completely different area for a few days sounds wonderful. Obviously she will miss the wonderful fans in Quebec City, but a chance to spread the wonderful game of hockey to a place where it's not as popular would be amazing! Hopefully we can get some time to go do some sightseeing around Japan before or after the game, getting to see Mt Fuji and the cherry blossom forests would be amazing, and Japan has a lot of great food as well. The game itself wouldn't feel quite like a regular season game most likely, but more like a playoff game. You want to put on a show for the crowd to keep them entertained and maybe create some new hockey fans in the process.

Prompt 2

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

Knowing Ongo Gablogian’s luck, he would probably end up on some sort of most extreme elimination challenge type game show where he just has all sorts of physical challenges and just gets hurt constantly. It doesn’t help at all that he is totally unathletic and can’t even run to save his life, now he needs to duck and dive and avoid giant boulders coming down a hill or he needs to run across rocks on a pond and hope he lands on the solid ones and not the ones that will give out under his weight. I could totally see him being on the one where you need to swing on the rope to Velcro yourself to the wall or whatever and him being the one who falls off the rope immediately and in to the disgusting brown water. Just an immediate failure as soon as his weight is on his hands holding on to that rope.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Written Option 2: Your team is taking part of this seasons SHL Global Series and they start their season with 2 games in Japan because HO has heard there is untapped market potential there. How does your player feel about the trip? Is it pointless travel to play in front of neutral crowd and missing on actual home opener? Or are they just exited to see the world and thrilled about the opportunity to win over the local fans? Does all this make the game feel more like showmatch than actual regular season game?

I love the idea of a Global Series! However, i feel like SHL missed the mark on this one. Japan...Really? I just don't see the untapped market and potential market. Japan's national team is horrible and they have been for YEARS, Their best finish ever in the IIHF World Championships is 6th place back in 1930! in case your wondering that's 94 years since they were remotely relevant. In fact, they haven't placed inside the top 20 in just about 20 years (other than a 19th place finish 2014). What i'm saying is they're way more locations that are much more rich in hockey culture. Like Sweden, Finland and hell even Italy has had more success than Japan at the international level.

It just doesn't make any sense to me as a player but the league is also a business and i get that. Personally I'd rather deliver a great performance with our home crowd behind us. Fans that are passionate and proud. Not fans from a country that doesn't know what winning hockey is in almost 100 years.

Word count: 189

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: 53556226276_2eace1e209.jpg]
Bleed Black and Gold
[Image: malamutes.png]LD #6 Dash Jackson- Yukon Malamutes Blizzard
[Image: 53364500956_b676deb89a_w.jpg]

Being a rookie superstar and rookie of year breakout candidate, bongo gets invited to the set of bunny bunny carrot in tokyos drinking district. The object of the game is to say bunny bunny carrot and drink n a beer until you pass out. Other contestants include micool132 and Japanese super sensation shoyo hinata. I obviously outrank both Micool and shoyo but totally make a fool of myself on stage. I pissed myself in front of all of the Japanese ladies. Oh boy. I also said some very odd colour things about the country in my drunken state. The next morning I actually had an appearance on the Japanese breakfast program Japan talk. I was going to discuss japans immigration laws and declining population but I decided to defer and tell them how sorry I was about making a complete fool of myself and betraying their nation. I then took a prop samurai sword and pretended to stab myself causing worse havoc in the country.

Nothing about this trip to Japan is going to go well for the forge. This likely will end in a massive fight between the team and ownership a the travel rewrite for this isn't going to be fun. It's going to boarder in the flights some khl teams have to make and we are a way better league then that. There may be summer bonding but meets be honest there is going to be far more smelling than bonding in those flights. But the games should be good and there will be a lot of new fans added to the game (maybe). The fans should be great for a thing like this but it's going to be so much nonsense stress in the teams that it isn't worth it really. Now the real question is how many fans will be willing to step up and fight gnabe in thr parking lots after the two games.

See what I'm talking about here. I just want this here in reference so you know that I'm not just making this up, this is an actual game show.

Apparently Roger Murdock is big in Japan. Kind of a weird spot for an American player, in Carolina, to be popular but hey you gotta take your wins where you can. And speaking of dubs, we got a Japanese game show to get on to. Roger doesn't quite get the concept--all he's really told is to ignore the staff once the game starts and to follow the instructions given to him during the game. Sounds easy enough. Spoiler alert, it isn't easy.

Roger has just agreed to enter pie hell. The basic concept you see in the video above is repeated for Murdock. he is relentlessly pelted with pies while swimming, dancing, and even while skating. Thankfully he gets to keep his clothes. Somehow, he is able to survive the assault of pies. He almost breaks many times. Being told to score a shootout goal on Denebor Milasch and actually having to score while getting pelted with pies is way easier than it sounds. And getting out of a pool to get pied in the crotch? Makes you fall back into the pool and then you have to get crotch pied all over again. It is a sadistic game and there are no winners. By playing you lose, by being a pie-er you are akin to an executioner lifting a chopped head for a crowd, and by watching you forgo your morals.

And what does Roger get from this? The episode was a flop. The first pie hell was dropped in 2002 and Murdock's agent writing in a no nudity clause meant that there was no way that he would ever come close to matching the results of the first rendition. He was screwed from the beginning. He is not big in Japan.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Wow Tommi Koivu in the big place of Japan. He is so excited to go to Japan and play some hockey for the rabid japanese hamilton steelhawks. After the Japan time he will be doing so many good things for the place and to have him playing here is a big deal. The crowd echoes go hamilton go steelhawks and drums are going and the birds take the ice baby. Tommi is flying out there looking fast as hell and they boys are ready to scores some goals. Wow the global series is a great success  we are so excite and people are crying. Tommi and Hallsy Wide peepo happy koivu are playing the one and two out there passing back and fort scoring some serious goals. They are so happy, aleks is there too and he is so happy as well. They are going to a wedding in Japan soon that they were invited to. I can't wait to go to the hockey wedding and score some goals.

[Image: rotti.gif]