Create Account

S76 SMJHL PT #2 - Season Preview Deadline: Monday, April 15th @ 11:59pm PST

ISFL PT

[Image: yxRlGdj.png]

Detroit is going through a rebuild picking up five forwards and two defencemen in the S76 draft. As such expectations for this season are toned down a bit while the rookies gain experience. My picks for Detroit's key players are:

Anastasia Söderström: Need I say more? Yes, I do, there's a word count requirement to meet. Although Detroit's run for title defense last season was cut short by Newfoundland, Anastasia ended the season with a nice set of accolades, including three all-star team appearances and Esa Anrikkanen and Ideen Fallah awards. Anastasia's just the right person to give the team confidence in the defensive end.

Will Tomlander: The current batch of rookies is the biggest in Detroit since S73 draft when Will joined the league. As the team captain Will's leadership is sorely needed to guide the rookies onto the right path.

Chairy Styles: Although Chairy is one of this season's baby falcons, Chairy has quickly learned to fly. Detroit is 13 games into the regular season and with 15 points scored, Chairy currently ranks fourth in rookie points. It is clear that Detroit found some great offensive talent in this sentient chair, who'll be one to look out for in the coming SHL draft.

205 words

The season is upon the Nevada Battleborn, and the preseason was a bit rocky. Tomas himself had a very rough preseason, which he would like to forget, but he will need to learn from those games to carry himself into the regular season. Starting from the top, the best player the Battleborn will lean on most is Literally Wizzard. Wizzard is a Left Winger from Switzerland, and the Chicago Syndicate currently owns Wizzard's SHL rights. Wizzard just came off a 73-point season and will only be looking to build off that for his third year in the SMJHL. Wizzard is a dominant force, standing at 6'4 and 220 pounds. Wizzard displays a powerful shot, where many of his goals come from on the wing. The second player on this list of three that Nevada will need to contribute most for a chance at the cup is Caspian Leevi. Leevi is considered the top defenseman for the Battleborn. Leevi is also a specimen who stands at 6'4 and weighs 235 pounds. Leevi's SHL rights are owned by the Toronto North Stars. The product of Rovaniemi, Finland, is considered to be a puck-moving defenseman. With his excellent passing and puckhandling skills, Leevi should be an assist machine. Also, Leevi displays excellent positioning, which will help limit scoring opportunities for opposing sides and generate turnovers. Lastly, Cameron Kalashnikov a very Russian-sounding last name with a twist. Kalashnikov was born in America. However, his IIHF rights reside in Sweden. Kalashnikov, a Center, much like many other players on the Battleborn roster, stands at a tall height of 6'5. Kalashnikov is a very physical presence on the ice, and his excellent checking and defensive skills are not often found in forwards anymore. Kalashnikov is entering his second year in the SMJHL after recording 49 points in his rookie season, something to be incredibly proud of. The key to success for the Battleborn this year will be using their intimidating height to their advantage. Although lacking a bit defensively, the Battleborn will also have to rely heavily on goaltending this season and some strong forwards to carry the group through the year.

So, from what I can piece together at the moment, it seems Nevada is in a rebuild. We're not doing good at all currently, in the lower half of teams as of my message. I actively agree with my peer that Nevada Battleborn is likely going to land in a poor rank, but I don't think we'll land last. The main reason for that thought is if all the new rookies keep up high activity, we can pull some weight. For the first crucial player on our team, I would like to quote my peer, "If Nevada has any chance of doing well, we will need to rely on the god given powers of Literally Wizard." He's pulling his weight with 25 points in 17 games, and can determine if we win one of our very few games. This is where I deviate from my peer though. Cade de Vries, a right defenseman is either first or second for takeaways, giveaways, hits, and blocks. While his points may be naturally lower, he's able to hold his own to prevent the other team from getting points, which dampens how often Nevada already gets scored on. The last crucial player I would wish to bring up is Chopper Donquixote. While the +/- usually doesn't matter as a statistic, I feel that him being the only player on our team being at a positive, ESPECIALLY with how often we get scored against, means that either Chopper is ungodly lucky or is a key player to keep our points up.

This season should be an exciting one for the Maine Timber in what will be my first with the team entering May's rookie season in the SMJHL.

The team has started off okay with a .500 record going 9-9 to start the young season but there is plenty of hope. The team is able to score well and just needs to figure out how to limit shots to increase success a bit for the club.

The Lavoies are off to very hot starts so far this season with 25+ points each and those two will be key for the future success of the club especially when it gets to playoff time which the Timber should make given a decent start and a lot of potential!

As for my player, May O'Nayse, I am counting her as the third key player of the team as she has gotten off to a solid start as a rookie. She is 3rd on the team in goals so far with 7 and carries a +2 on the season with her line as well. While she isn't a premier player, facing off against teams that may not be as deep could be a big advantage for Maine if May continues playing well.

I am expecting the Timber to finish over .500 and head to the playoffs as a dangerous team at the end of the season. One that no one will want to face!

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

The San Diego Tidal are looking forward to their inaugural season. They’re super excited to get the season underway and proving they have what it takes to be the best.

KEY PLAYERS

Skyler Stevens: The inaugural captain of the Tidal, and a first line player. A wicked shot, good passing, and all around top quality offense, he knows his role is to create situations that put the puck in the net, while leading his team from the locker room.

Sergey Ivanov: Sergey Ivanov is a first pair defenseman for the Tidal. An excellent two-way threat, he’s expected to be a major factor in his team’s success this season, both offensively and defensively.

Meo Vanbiesbrouck: Meo Vanbiesbrouck is the starting Tidal goaltender and as such will be expected to be a major factor. Every contending team needs a top notch starting goalie, and that burden falls on Vanbiesbrouck.

So what I seen is a very great team so far we have been playing like one of the best teams in the league and looks like we can make a deep run to the playoffs. Our first line is looking dominant and while our second and third lines haven't been dominant for Great Falls I think they will provide depth pieces for our deep playoff run. With players such as Gordon-William Gibbles, poiklm, and Icee Richardson leading our team in scoring. We have depth talents such as Thomas Hudson, wonderbread, Viktor Vyzovsky, James howlett, and our dear captain John Peanut. And then we have young talents such as AT-AT Wollker, Marian Hanak, and Argenti Gorilla. This team is really looking good so far and looking like a real playoff contender and if we keep this performance up we might end up as champions this year. GO GREAT FALLS!!!!

[Image: img]
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2024, 11:51 PM by TheGreatOne. Edited 1 time in total.)

TheGreatOne was lucky enough to be picked up by one of the best SMJHL teams this year and apparently last year too. The Newfoundland Berserkers. They took a chance on me and i hope to be a great asset to the team in the present and future. I'm still new in the Locker room, and still trying to get to know my teammates. New Foundland was undefeated when i joined and our keys to success has been the "Smorgasbord". Our cool calm and collection of the best foods!

Mac Griddle and Cracker Pizza The Top Goal scorers on the team, Pierre Mailloux and Slowpoke giving hefty servings on most of their goals! Jean-Luc Leduc has been doing his part, leading the SMJHL in goals by a Defenseman and of course one of the key cogs of the team, the one that makes it all go Goaltender Launchpad McQuack. Stellar play between the pipes leading the league in Wins and Shutouts, also top 10 in every goalie category so far this season.

WC 192

ISFL Affilate

[Image: 9x1vcNx.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2024, 06:18 AM by Gaia Mormont. Edited 2 times in total.)

[Image: HG2e4RE.jpeg]

[Image: WcULpFF.png]

Going into the season the Whalers look to improve from last year. Being one of the worst teams in the league it is gonna take some work to bring this team to be competitive in this league. To start a lot of returning players are gonna be at the top of their game. Also, the addition of some good rookies should help with getting this team to where it needs to be. To look at specific players NoNo Jo is gonna be a key player for the team. The team is gonna lean on them to lead their offense and get the goals going into this season. Masked Stranger is gonna have to play his best hockey yet. With 3 rookie defensemen in front of him. He might have to pull more of a load in stopping pucks to make sure the team is in top form. Of course, the defense will do their best but Masked Stranger will have to be on top of pucks quickly and maybe even often in some games to be able to get the Whalers some wins. The last key player is going to be Trevor Lopez. The young first-round defenseman was drafted to help this struggling d-core. Trevor will be able to develop into a great defenseman but this will take some time. Getting used to the new style of play, the pace of the game, and the talent he will be going against. It is going to be a lot to take in for this young rookie. The Whalers are gonna look to be a great team but it's gonna take the whole team coming together to get this accomplishment done.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

[Image: RRVdj9t.png]

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

The Great Falls Grizzlies come into the season with somewhat tempered expectations of being Cup contenders, but certainly are looking to improve on their standings from last season. There is a healthy mix of veterans looking to close out their Junior careers on a high arc, but also 4 drafted rookies slotting into important spots in the lineup.

The preseason games were a mix for the Grizz, going 4-3 but having some solid wins, and seeing some good production with 6 different players scoring at a point-per-game pace. For that scoring to continue, players like John-William Gibbles, Poiklm, and Icee Richradson will have to lead the way, they are in their last season in the J and will do most of the heavy lifting as they are the most skilled.

The defense may be a bit more of a concern, as John Peanut and Niclas Sundqvist are the only two capped vets, so their leadership in helping to stabilize the young bucks like AT-AT and Gorilla will go a long way in preventing goals against.

Goaltending was a bit of a weaker point as the starter did ok in the preseason and the new rookie backup looked a little shaky - although so far in the first quarter of the season, that rookie, Elvar Gil-Gelad has been a revelation, going 6-1 with a shutout already and in the top 10 of most goalie stats. If that solid play can continue, it can give the team a lot of confidence as they look to gain some home ice advantage when the playoffs roll around.

So far things look good for the Bear Squad, going 11-5-1 in the first week and sitting in 3rd place in the conference. Obviously Newfoundland and Quebec will be tough opponents, but if the Grizzlies can avoid them in the first round, perhaps they can have a chance to win a round!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

It was always going to be a tough season for Kelowna, so I was already bracing for the worst. That said, our start was still a bit hard to stomach, with I believe only a single win in our first seven matches. The team is incredibly young, with eyes set on a more competitive window in future seasons, so I think the goal for this season is simply to see some growth in our roster. Our S77 draft class will be a key part of that, which includes my own player Emeric Gagner, Pholer Beargeron, and Cyrus The Virus. The rest of our S77 class, as well as the previous S76 draft class will be crucial in our success both this season and our future. If we can start winning a few more games would go a long way in building some confidence and momentum for next season. For now I can only focus on doing the best I can with my own player and hope more success will follow.

170 words

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

S76 is the first season for the Ottawa Highlanders and they hope to make an immediate impact. As a new team, there is most likely going to be growing pains but Ottawa plans to find a way to overcome this and establish themselves as a major threat in the SMJHL for many years to come. Ottawa hopes that veteran junior winger Cob O'Corn will be one of the team's best offensive threats going into the season. The first ever Highlanders draft pick, Rookie center Hockey Player hopes to make an impact too. Big Defenseman Newton Campbell is another player to watch, looking to be one of Ottawa's best Blueliners alongside Demir Bellona. With a mix of rookies and veterans, Ottawa looks to make a big splash in the SMJHL. While they may not be the strongest in the league, Ottawa will play with a lot of heart and give their 110% each and every night with a goal to grow even stronger beyond this season.