Create Account

S76 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week Deadline: Monday, April 22nd @ 11:59pm PST

Which team is your team's biggest rival in the league and why? This could be due to recent history, old history, medium history, personal beef, branding antagonism, passing on you in the draft, etc. - whatever the reason, which team in the league would you consider to be the biggest rival of your team?
Written option: 150 words on the above
Graphic option: Make a Rivalry Week promo graphic highlighting the two teams squaring off
Reward:
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S76 SMJHL Rookies (S77 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Deadline: Monday, April 22nd @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: pyro182.gif]

Thank you hewasajazzman, Slothfacekilla, Sulo, Frenchie, and Raymond for the sigs Smile

The current main rivals of Saint-Louis is the Carolina Kraken. There exists a proximity between both teams for multiple reasons from what I've heard. The first is the fact that multiple Kraken members are active in the STL locker room and vice versa. The main friendship between both teams seems to be Cake and Kahri from my point of view. Our GM Jimmy is a Carolina alumni and had applied for the GM job over there and his application wasn't taken so he applied for the job in Saint-Louis.

Up to this point, we have played once against them this season and they destroyed us 6-2 on the back of a 4 pts performance from Belcher.

Last year was horrible year for us against them. We played 6 games against each other and we lost 4 of them. We also have to mention that they beat us 12-0 where 6 of their players got at least 3 points. We have to make sure this not only doesn't happen again, but that we also destroy our rivals in the future getting our revenge.

[Image: image.png?ex=6626bf9c&is=66144a9c&hm=d87...height=676]

Thank you Jay for the graphic!
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2024, 11:37 AM by soulja. Edited 1 time in total.)

I sincerely believe that the biggest rivals for Nevada Battleborn are the Regina Elk and the reason is pretty obvious. Their logo is a washed version of ours. I mean just look at their colour scheme, its purple and gold and the elk looks like a copied version from Pokemon. The fact that Nevada was founded even before Regina Elk means that they just wanted to copy us in every way possible. It's as if they wanted to be the Battleborn of the Northern conference. Now lets take a look at the stats: Nevada are currently sitting at 5 in the Southern and Regina at 6. So once again we are beating them. To further add to this, in the two times that Nevada and Regina faced off, Nevada was able to show them who the real boss is. Nevada won both games, one in over time and the other in regulation.  Regina Elk is also really struggling to score. The only thing going for them is that their goalie depth is immense and I'll give them credit where its due. They also boast an impressive Penalty Kill at 86%. I am hoping this Rivalry continues and hope we continue smashing them.

Please note this is a Joke and for the purpose of PT Task. No ill intentions

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

Dev PT Pass

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Probably one of the bigget rivality for the San Diego Tidal is the Nevada Battleborn for a few reasons. First of all, Nevada is the closest team from the San Diego Tial (with over 332 miles between Nevada and San Diego). Second, the games between San Diego and Nevada are pretty intense. In fact, the games between these two teams are pretty high (over 30 shots for the two teams), there's plenty of goals and a lot of penalties occuring in those games. Even tho that in the first game between those two teams, there was a close fight between Sam Volta and Lucas Raymond at the end of the 2nd period, and in the 3rd game, a close fight between Journey Man and Caspian Leevi. Finally, Nevada and San Diego will play 6 games each season. So the rivality will intensify a lot since it's only the beginning. Can't wait to see the future of the South West American Rivality between the Nevanda Battleborn and the San Diego Tidal.

173 words.

[Image: volta-sig1.2.jpg?ex=66285ea3&is=6615e9a3...c1aab470f&] [Image: VJEQ5Rl.png]

ISFL affiliate PT

[Image: draft-ad.png?ex=66247d0e&is=6612080e&hm=...cddcfb611&]

The San Diego Tidal is a new team, in their first season in existence after just joining the league in the recent expansion that saw two teams (the other being the Ottawa Highlanders) joining the SMJHL during the last offseason. Of course, being a new team, there are no really big rivalry born just yet, but with the return of fixed divisions in the SMJHL brought as a direct consequence of that expansion, it is going to be much faster for rivalries to develop. One such rivalry could be with the Nevada Battleborn, there are a lot of close connections between the leaders of those teams, so it could be a fun friendly rivalry to have, being close spiritually and divisionally. Another rivalry could be born between San Diego and the aforementioned Ottawa Highlanders, Both being created at the same time, there should be a little race to some specific milestones (first series win, first divisional title, first league title and 4-star Cup, and so on). This little race could see a fun rivalry being born. Only the future can tell us.

[Image: lespoils.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2024, 06:35 PM by Baron. Edited 1 time in total.)

I'm still figuring out who are the good and bad guys around here, but I did get into a fight with a Detroit player a week ago or so - maybe a bit of bad blood brewing between the two teams? It's fun and it gives me more reasons to get into fights, so it sounds like a win/win for all of us. Plus you know the fans love to see it, which is my favorite part of playing the game in the first place. That being said, I hope I don't hurt their players too bad in the upcoming war, I'm a pretty big guy with a real bad attitude. As long as everyone is fired up I think it makes for good hockey, it's no fun when everyone's too friendly so if anyone wants to start up a rivalry with me - feel free to throw down the gloves sometime when we play eachother.  Raptors

[Image: QX0ggFb.png]

pt pass

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

Our biggest rival right now is probably Colorado. Both of our teams have been good in recent years since they both made the playoff semi-finals in the last two seasons. A big part of making the rivalry today come from the fact that Colorado was the one team that eliminated Quebec City last year in the semifinal, after Quebec had a masterful season where they got 105 points. Again, this season, the games between the two teams have been seemed to be a tossed up, since both teams won one game and both games ended with a score of five to one. Both games have heated up a bit and I know that we will like to get an opportunity to take our revenge against Colorado in this seasons playoffs by eliminating them. Finally, there is also the great fact that in an alternative timeline, the city of Denver in Colorado, where the Raptors play, took a professional hockey team away from Quebec City.

164 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

[Image: jnQyJJI.png]

[Image: WcULpFF.png]

[Image: WlYqi59.png]

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

In a way, the biggest Great Falls Grizzlies rival was the old playoff format. Having an ok season but getting jammed out of
a playoff spot never sits well. But with expansion this season, that beast died the death it deserved, and once again all teams in The SMJHL will make the playoffs. The closest team I can think of as being a rival would be Newfoundland maybe, but only because they were the powerhouse that stopped the Grizzlies in the Finals way back in S63. That was the only time Great Falls made it to the finals since they were formed in S61. Both teams are in the new North Conference so they will be playing each other lots. Newfoundland is a really good team again so we will have to probably meet up with them at some point. Also they've only lost 5 games all season so far and two of them were against us so I feel like it is a team we want to beat and always play hard against!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

There is no surprise who Jeyeff Effo's personal nemesis is, it has been evident since before the draft. With all the media craze and bad blood that goes back decades (even to their forefathers), Olafur Atl"ass"on and the Newfoundland Berserkers are enemy number 1 in the Effo clan. The two teams have only met once so far this season, and the Battleborn were thrashed 11-3 by the Berserkers. Although neither of the players scored any points and were both in the minus category, this has definitely intensified the rivalry between the two Icelandic natives. With the next match up coming up this week, everyone is wondering who will score their first point in the rivalry, and if Nevada can come back with some fire and even the season series at one a piece. Although at different positions, Effo will be comparing himself to Atlason for his whole career, it seems like Atlason has the edge so far in the minors, but performing in the SHL is a whole different ball game. 

175 words

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258
(This post was last modified: 04-18-2024, 10:42 PM by Tdan04. Edited 1 time in total.)

Rivals come and go throughout a teams history, but there’s always that one rival that always seems to stay in a teams history books. Being part of the malamutes, has me quickly realizing that one of the teams biggest rivals that will go down in history has to be the Maine Timber. This rivalry spans the last six years with the Timber beating out the malamutes 4 times in the playoffs and eliminating them. This is a rivalry that may last more years to come, but one thing is for sure, the malamutes are out for playoff revenge and will stop at nothing to make sure they beat the timber soon enough. With the addition of smudge pan to the team, they are sure to become a tough competitor against the Timber and knock them down from their pedestal and run their chances in the playoffs once and for all.

151 words

[Image: 6bk5sdD.png]
                                    Sig by LazyEye