Create Account

SMJHL logos - TIER LIST

Winters goes by and so does seasons. One thing doesn't change though - SHL cash always in my account is negative. So, the usual thing comes to save it. Tier list of SMJHL logos once again. Had a bit of hype since wasn't checking here so often. Seeing new logos made me a bit happy. So here is a media about all SMJHL logos with my subjective opinion. If you don't like criticism, better don't read it. Just a media at the end of the day with no hard feelings. Have a nice day y'all!

TIER 1 - HALL OF FAME

1. San Diego ''Tidal'' - Tidal

I think that expansion teams always should be this good if we talk about their image. This might be one of the best entries for a team so far in the SMJHL history. Great scheme with blue and orange colors. It reminds a bit of one NBA 2K ''Create a team'' team. However, very successful branding and I'm sure that a new user will want to play there just because how clean and cool looks the logo itself. Definitely my new favorite.

2. Ottawa ''Highlanders'' - Highlanders

Another great addition to the SMJHL. This is one of the few logos where actually a human being is seen. The only one with an actual face. Reminds a bit of something old but luxurious. Has a bit of golf vibe, but it's very cool. Love to see that someone is getting original and are searching for new ideas, quality content. Love it.

3. Regina ''Elk'' - Elk

Simple, but so fire. Just two main colors and some shadows. No team name in the logo, nothing. Just pure art and I'm here for it. I have always loved this branding and I'm happy to see them not changing it yet. Very cool logo which definitely helps to gain some attention from users who have recently joined here.

TIER 2 - TOP

4. Carolina ''Kraken'' - Kraken

I just might be a huge fan or orange color in sports logos, but I have always said that Carolina has a freaky good logo. It's simple, but with some specific details which makes it unique. Was a fan of it back when it was invented and nothing has changed. I am very happy that I had an opportunity to have this logo for my player when he joined SMJHL. Good head office is a huge extra as well for this team.

5. Detroit ''Falcons'' - Falcons

I just think that ''Falcons'' deserves a solid spot here. Why? It's a very old team which had a successful re-branding. Since the team was around for so long time, it wasn't that easy, but they did it successfully. I like how simple this logo is while having only one dominant color. Love it!

6. Quebec City ''Citadelles'' - Citadelles

''Citadelles'' might sound a bit weird as a name for a hockey team. However, I like the logo itself. Once again, no names in the logo. It's just pure white and blue logo with some additions of red. I like those hidden letters in the logo as well, which simbolizes [Q]uebec [C]ity [C]itadelles. Love to see it!

TIER 3 - PRETTY CLOSE TO THE TOP

7. Nevada ''Battleborn'' - Battleborn

I think that ''Battlebron'' invented something new. They came in with a new and very modern logo, but color scheme always made me feel like the logo is from late 90's of NBA. However, it always gives me good vibes and I like to see it. It has a triangle in the background and team name in the logo, but it all fits well together, so I like it. It's one of these logos which will have an entire tier just for themselves.

TIER 4 - MID, BUT WE WILL TAKE IT

8. Vancouver ''Whalers'' - Whalers

Played for this team for a bit and I just want to say that I'm happy that they made a re-branding. Their previous logo was a pain in the ass in my opinion. This isn't the best option either, but it's a solid upgrade. I like mountains in the background and whale, because they all gives me cold vibe which fits well with hockey.

9. Yukon ''Malamutes'' - Malamutes

I have always thinked that the color scheme of this logo is very weird. Red, gray and blue doesn't fit so well, right? I just think it has similarities with ''Whalers''. It's an animal who loves cold and ice, cold, rink, hockey fits with it. It's very simple which allows them to be at the middle of my tier list.

10. Kelowna ''Knights'' - Knights

I think that this logo deserves a spot exactly here, because it isn't a top tier and isn't the worst either. It's a logo with a long history. I remember joining SHL and this logo was still here, if I'm right. However, it's very simple and I love that they don't change the context. This one of the few times when green color in hockey fits well and I respect it.

TIER 5 - WE WILL LET IT SLIDE

11. Colorado ''Raptors'' - Raptors

I like that they did a small re-branding some time ago. There isn't that triangle and Comic Sans MS type font no more on the logo. Dino looks much more angry and in general - just better. Huge upgrade from what it was back then. Isn't a top tier though. I am sure that some dino fans might want to join this squad because of the logo.

12. St. Louis ''Scarecrows'' - Scarecrows

This is where starts teams which has a branding which I have never liked. I just think that ''Scarecrows'' doesn't fit the hockey criteria logo wise. Might sound corny, but it would fit basketball better. Or maybe I just don't like it. However, it isn't in the last place, because it's still better than other joints here.

TIER 6 - THE WORST

13. Anchorage ''Armada'' - Armada

I don't like boats or ships as team logo for sports. I don't know why. I know that this team has a long history as well and might sound weird that my point with long history doesn't work with this squad, but it doesn't bring me a hype just seeing this logo. Something just doesn't fits well. However, appreciate the longevity.

14. Nefoundland ''Berserkers'' - Berserkers

This logo has always reminded me a bit of Chicago ''Blackhawks'' logo from NHL and I don't know why. I am not even sure if these symbols are somehow related, but the color scheme and that angry dude just reminds me of a logo which could use like a team from U16 third division in like Slovenia.

15. Great Falls ''Grizzlies'' - Grizzlies

I've seen some lists where people think similar as me if we talk about ''Grizzlies'' logo. I think that this is the case when simple logo is too simple. It's just a bear which reminds me of something that I have seen before, but can't remember. Why? I have no clue. Vancouver ''Grizzlies'' and Memphis ''Grizzlies'' from NBA comes in my mind seeing these logos too. I don't like it, because I think that it has zero creativity. There are so many options of how they could've make this logo. I just think that this option wasn't the right one.

16. Maine ''Timber'' - Timber

I have never understood this logo. Axes and wood. Brown and red colors. Can it be somehow related to hockey? If I would see this logo and wouldn't know what's the use of it, I would probably guess that it for a company which gets rid of trees in your garden or something. Plus, I think it's a low quality logo with cartoon-ish vibe. Just not my personal favorite, but I know some people who like it, so it's all subjective at the end of the day.

Don't get your feelings hurt just because of this. Thanks!

1300+ words

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

Not a shock a team called the Timber has Axes and Wood in the logo. Not every logo has to tell you it’s a hockey team logo and there’s nothing low quality/cartoonish about it.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

04-19-2024, 10:59 AMWasty Wrote: Not a shock a team called the Timber has Axes and Wood in the logo. Not every logo has to tell you it’s a hockey team logo and there’s nothing low quality/cartoonish about it.

I am sure that there are people who love logos that I don't and opposite. All subjective.

Stars Stars Stars

04-19-2024, 11:08 AMst4rface Wrote: I am sure that there are people who love logos that I don't and opposite. All subjective.

Except he does a lot of work in logos and graphics and is telling you that it isn't low quality. Saying something is low quality isn't subjective, saying something isn't for you is.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

04-19-2024, 03:50 PMHabsFanFromOntario Wrote: Except he does a lot of work in logos and graphics and is telling you that it isn't low quality. Saying something is low quality isn't subjective, saying something isn't for you is.
Don't twist it. I didn't say that it's low quality. I said that I think so. My thoughts are subjective, so you're just reaching now. At the end of the day I know that I wouldn't be able to make even a decent logo, because I can't so shit on photoshop. Just a media where I rate logos.

Stars Stars Stars

04-19-2024, 03:53 PMst4rface Wrote: Don't twist it. I didn't say that it's low quality. I said that I think so. My thoughts are subjective, so you're just reaching now. At the end of the day I know that I wouldn't be able to make even a decent logo, because I can't so shit on photoshop. Just a media where I rate logos.

my brother in Christmas, just stop it.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

04-19-2024, 03:53 PMst4rface Wrote: Don't twist it. I didn't say that it's low quality. I said that I think so. My thoughts are subjective, so you're just reaching now. At the end of the day I know that I wouldn't be able to make even a decent logo, because I can't so shit on photoshop. Just a media where I rate logos.

my brother in Christmas, just stop it.

Like it or not, I wear my GFG shirt all the time. I've been asked about it in elevators, at hotels and restaurants, grocery stores... it gets attention, even if it is just a bear on a shirt.

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

04-19-2024, 10:18 PMPapaSorin Wrote: Like it or not, I wear my GFG shirt all the time. I've been asked about it in elevators, at hotels and restaurants, grocery stores... it gets attention, even if it is just a bear on a shirt.

and not a single recruit to show for it!?!?

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

04-19-2024, 10:34 PMsköldpaddor Wrote: and not a single recruit to show for it!?!?
As much as I'd love a recruitment bonus, no luck.

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

BLASPHEMY!

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Sorry just stating my opinion that I think your media is low quality.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

04-19-2024, 11:44 PMPapaSorin Wrote: As much as I'd love a recruitment bonus, no luck.

SMH.  Gotta start sign spinnin.  Get those big numbers out there.

04-22-2024, 03:07 AMWasty Wrote: Sorry just stating my opinion that I think your media is low quality.
Thank you. Will improve it in the future!

Stars Stars Stars