Create Account

Everything Renegades + More!! Edition 1

[Image: tsn.jpg]

Welcome to TSN Tonight folks. Tonight we will be airing a special episode. This episode will be about the Texas renegades, And we will be sure to cover everything about them till now. Anyways, lets get started.

The Announcement
[Image: Bettman-2012-420x280.jpg]
Commish Sponges announces the 2 new teams.

Halfway throughout the SHL season, We saw a major announcement flood the boards. Commish Sponges had announced that this season We will see 2 New expansion teams introduce themselves into the SHL. Shortly after, people the Gm apps went up. Their were more then 40 apps sent and in the end only 2 people would get the honours of being the General manager of there very own team. Well after billions of apps being sent in the Commishes did a great job and narrowed it to 5, then 3. There were some major complains and a lot of question marks on peoples faces as they thought some people deserved this role more then others. none the less a day later the 2 GMs were announced. "I am proud to announce that the 2 Newest GMs in the SHL aree... JESSTER Andddddd WADEY!!! ." Here is what drizzy drake had to say when he found out.
Code:
" Well deserving for sure. These guys are one of the best in the league and both of them will make great general managers without a doubt. It would be great to be able to play for them aswell now that i think about it. Jesster has been here since day 1 and is very dedicated to this league, he deserves it. Wadey deserves it well to, he is one of the greatest guys in the leagues and im really happy for him."
And with that.. there was only one question left on everyones faces.....When are the teams going to be announced?

1st Expansion Team Revealed!
[Image: brian-burke.jpg]
Buffalo Thunder
:thunder::thunder::thunder:

The buffalo thunder were the first expansion team announced by GM Jesster. Immediately everyone fell in love. The logo was one of the greatest in the league and the color scheme was one of the greatest in the league to. here is what drizzy drake had to say about the team.
Code:
" When i was heard about this stunning news, i was really excited. I always wondered what the New expansion team would be. I live an hour away from buffalo, so it would be great to play there for sure. I think there logo and color scheme is one of the best in the league without a doubt. Jesster is a great guy and playing under him would be surreal aswell."
, but then something happend. WE fast forward to 1.5 weeks after the draft.Gm jesster had made a 3 way trade. This trade ended up looking like this. ( cant find the link to trade so Idont know what it fully was tbh.) This was a huge 3 way trade that saw tillikainen coming over to the thunder + nando in exchange for jesster and a few picks. Another team was involved in this trade but thats not the point right now. Anyways, This meant that Jesster would be leaving his very own team and would now be GM of the thunder. Nando would take over the GM duties as gm of the Thunder. Then something happend. Days later Fernando announced that the team is relocating to the tampa bay hyrdras. Many people thought "another team in Florida?". But once again we saw another re-location, The Tampa Bay Hydras were now the Hartford Hyrdras, The team relocated and saw a new logo which is also really nice. then the 2nd team was announced.

2nd Expansion Team Revealed!
[Image: 104198-steve-yzerman.jpg]

Texas Renegades
RenegadesRenegadesRenegades

The Texas renegades were the 2nd expansion team to be announced. Something interesting happend When the team was first announced It was Called the Texas Crew. Wadey received alot criticism (some good, some bad) about the name. People really seemed to hate the name "crew. Some people hated the fact that there was a team in texas. A few days later, General Manager Wadey announced that the team has officially Changed its name to the Texas Renegades. Here is what drake had to say about the announcement.
Code:
" I liked it. I like a fact that theres a team in texas. ive never been there but i have relatives there and they keep telling me its a great place. Not going to lie i wasnt a fan of the name crew but i liked the name change to renegades. It  would be a great experience to play in texas and especially under wadey. I would learn alot. They were definitly a team in my top 5."

Draft Day
[Image: 146698516_extra_large.jpg]

Weeks after, We saw the S10 Annual SHL draft occur. With the likes of the thunder having the 1st overall pick, we were sure to see ivo willems going first followed by michael haan. But as expected we saw quite a few trades go down on Draft day. Lets break them down.

[Image: Burke-Tweeting-420x262.jpg]

*sorry if i miss any*
Trade 1 The first trade we saw was the :kings: sending the 9th overall pick to the Platoon in exchange for doug glatt. This trade adds toughness, experiecne and a hard worker player in glatt to a already stacked team in the kings. A good trade both sides.

Trade2 The 2nd trade saw RFA Rashad thomas being dealt to Stars in exchange the Jets received the 23rd overall pick and 1 million cash. this trade was good for both sides as thomas was probably not going to resign in winnipeg. Thomas adds experience, size, great skill and a LR presence. he later on signed a 3 year extension with the Stars

Trade3 *BLOCKBUSTER ALERT* this was a huge blockbuster trade between Blizzard and Stars. This trade broke down like this.
To :comets:
2nd overall in the upcoming draft
15th overall in the upcoming draft
Christopher Raymond

To Stars
Teemu Nurmi
Patrick Pelletier
7th overall in the upcoming draft
25th overall in the upcoming draft

This was a great trade for the Stars as they become a whole lot stronger. nurmi is a beauty and adds alot of presence to there blue line. Toronto makes a lot tougher with this trade and the Blizzard now had 2 picks in the top 5. but are they done yet?

Trade 4 Blizzard Rage , this trade saw the Blizzard getting 4th overall pick from the Rage in exchange for 13th and 16th overall. a great trade for both sides as they both picked up the guy they wanted on draft day. But are the blizzard done yet?

trade 5 LAS VEGAS GETS: :kings: received Michael Astorino and Pavelo Skvonznak, in exchange for Panthers Ranye summers and a 2nd rounder. Summers might just be a bust, but the kings just got a whole lot stronger. Asto went on to sign a extension with the kings.

Trade 6 a minor trade between the Renegades and :rage. texas get a 39th overall pick for a inactive.

trade 7 Another huge, yet surprising trade. in this trade we saw the :thunder: sending 1st overall pick in exchange for Blizzard 2nd overall a 4th in S12 and the 36th overall. this was surprising as buffalo was set to take ivo willems and edmonton only wanted haan. On draft day Blizzard did get the guy they wanted in haan and :thunder: did get the guy they wanted in willems.

Trade 8 This was a trade between the Panthers and :platoon. LA got 9th overall pick and a 2nd in exchange for 6th overall . 6th overall pick ended up being dean clarke.

Texas Renegades Draft Review
RenegadesRenegadesRenegades

Alright folks, we hope you enjoyed all that background information. Now we will turn our focus to the Texas Renegades. so lets see how they did in the S10 Shl draft.
[Image: 2012_NHL_Draft.png]

Round 1: 3rd overall Drizzy Drake!
[Image: drake-email-smile.png]

Drake Was selected 5th overall in the NWJHL draft and 3rd overall in the SHL draft. He is a offensive D who plays on both ends of the ice. he is a hard worker and is determined to succed. he is a great guy and loves the sport of hockey. Drake haas been playing hockey since the age of 3 and always dreamt of playing for a expansion team.
Code:
I wanted to be apart of something new. The renegades gave me that oppurtunity and i will not let them down. I dreamt of playing for a expansion team as a kid and for it to become reality, is a unbelievable moment of my life. I couldnt even have imagined this. I want to thank wadey and everyone that has helped me made it where i am today. I will keep on trying and give it my best every day. I will be a leader and a winner. I will not let you down wadey."

Round 2: 18th overall Markus Dahl!
[Image: 230px-Jeff_Skinner_canes2_2011-11-12.JPG]

you can even consider him a steal. a late comer in the NWJHL after recreating markus dahl has been a beast. Dahl was predicted to go in the 1st/early 2nd but ended up falling a bit to 18th. Luckily the renegades did not hesitate and drafted a man who brings experience, leadership, skill and determination to a already winning team.Wink. Dahl was a great pick and will become a great player in the futre. he will definitely be a top 6 player come this upcoming season.

Round 3: 32nd Overall Nagy Galchenyuk!
[Image: 8e68e3348802bf17edf960ca98a64580.jpg]

A offensive winger who is determined to keep on improving. Nagy has not been that active but maybe he can change that. He plays a complete game and has a great shot. He hustles hard and is a nice guy to be around. Some say he slacks but that is not the case as he is always one of the earliest guys to be there on the rink. Galchenyuk has shown sparks of potential but he will need to keep on improving if he wants to have a succesful career in the SHL.

Round 4: 39th Overall Scott McCall!
[Image: 1_c_clutterbuck.jpg]

With the 39th overall pick the Texas Renegades selected scott Mccall. Mccall is a lazy player who plays a lot of nhl. he was spotted waiting in line at midnight for nhl 13. He has barely shown up to practice but after receiving a call from his family and the team and players. Mccall is hoping to turn things around. he is still not seen much but he has potential and can still turn his life around.

Round 5: 56th Overall Terry Bullis!
[Image: 225px-Victor_Hedman_Lightning_2012-02-12.JPG]

Terry bullis was selected 56th overall in the final round by the Texas renegades. he is a really big guy and once got in a fight and broke the opponents nose, eyes, ears, mouth and head. The opponent could never play hockey again and it was a carrer ending injury. :ph34r: Anyways, Terry is a great guy, hard working and has a huge frame. he has good mobility and is a very good passer. he carres the puck well and plays a good offensive game. He also hustles back very hard and wil be a good bottom 6 player. He knows his role on the ice and takes on for the team.

After The draft
[Image: Steve_Yzerman_2-0622.jpg?max_height=375&max_width=250]

The Texas Renegades werent done yet. After the Draft GM wadey decided to target the FA. He first landed big forward Tj Barbeau to a huge 3 year 7 mil per season contract. Tj brings expereince and will play a major role this upcoming season. This is what drake had to say about his newest teammate. " He is a great skill with offensive abilities like noone else. he will help the rookies as well. glad to have him on this team."

Next, The renegades got a goalie in Gustavo. Gustavo is active and signed a huge deal for 4 years giving gustavo 10 mil in his 1st season, 8 mil in the next 3 and 6 in his last. Gustbao will be the starting goalie for the renegades. Here is what drake had to say about this signing. " i have seen him play and boy was it ever tough to watch people score on him. hes a machine, doesnt stop and gives it his all every day. he is a great goalie aand a beast in net. glad to have him here."

The last splash saw Saku perhonen coming to the renegades in exchange for a 2nd rounder. Perhonen surpirised everyone by saying he is not retiring and now is ready to take 1st line duties on a expansion teams. This is a beauty trade and pehonen will be everything they need and more<3

Conclusion

Well Alot of things happend in this years draft. A great draft it was with alot of sensational prospects. We hope you enjoyed our episode tonight, good luck and have fun!
[Image: tsn.jpg]

Words: 2161
Picutres: 14 ish? ill count later Tongue

dat pavelo

Good read Cheers

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Dat Drizzy

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

Nice article Drizzy

Quote:Originally posted by Taron47@Sep 8 2012, 08:31 PM