Create Account

The Rage Report Pt. Deux, Left Wingers 861 words, 1 picture

Link to Pt.1 -Clicky-

<div align="center">The Rage Report Pt. Deux, Left Wingers:
By Jason Michaels
[Image: manhattan_2012.jpg]</div>

In this second part of this 4 part look at the Rage roster I will look at the Left Wing position. The position is easily the youngest and most unproven of the Rage as 3 of the 4 guys on this position come straight from the S10 SHL draft. And the fourth guy isn't the most experienced guy either...

But with a lack of experience comes an abundance of talent and that is what this line posesses, lots of eyes are primed on the three draftees to make their mark and become a valuable Left Winger for this rebuilding franchise and you can be certain that every single one of them wants to impress...

Jordan McArthur
The guy that will certainly be starting the season as the bonafide first line LW is Jordan McArthur. He is coming off a 50 point regular season where he was the leading scorer for the Rage and the same will be expected from him again. I myself will certainly be looking to learn from the guy because making 31 assists is no easy feat and it's clear that he is only going to get better still. Jordan is the star individual of this team and with the entire team in flux it's nice to see Jordan try to be a stable presence in the locker room and prove a point that the Rage still got bite. And with Jordan being pretty much undisputed on the left wing, it's going to be interesting to see who (if any) will challenge him for the spot.

Ryan Archer
The next guy is Ryan Archer, I am going to talk about the rookies in order of draft position so Ryan is the first guy to talk about. Ryan had a slow year in the NWJHL only getting 10 points all season long, but it's clear the Rage are seeing something in the guy and well from what I seen in the locker room he is a nice stable dude. From what I have seen on the ice during practice is that he is a good all-round guy on the roster and every team needs a proper good all-round roleplayer to do work... all around. He is a smooth passer and has a mean shot too, and I know for a fact that he wants to get a good showing in training camp and in the regular season. And with only ten points in the NWJHL, the only way is up for this 4th rounder...

Jesse Enderle
A guy who shockingly got drafted 4 spots later than Ryan Archer (no offense to Ryan) is Jesse Enderle. A guy who was also on the Chicago roster with Ryan but instead of getting 10 points got 37 points and proved to be the Hitmen's scoring output on offense. Nonetheless this can be classified as a steal because Jesse got potential with his quick skates and mean wristshot being able to keep the goalie working hard to not give up points. He is hard to get tired and he will chug up the ice looking to get a goal or an assist every single time. He might be a liability in defense with a lack of grit but he can fill up the net on offense and will be a nice addition to a scoring line.

Liz Giroux
First pick of the last round Liz Giroux was a bit of a shadow on the scoring machine called the Whalers last season. But lets not forget she got 30 points which is more than any Knight in the NWJHL. Liz got good passing ability which helps her team out tenfold with good assists and also fast break scoring with her fast skates and good puck handling... But the only thing that has been questioned is Liz's heart on the ice, she doesn't seem to be as motivated to be a top level player like the other's on the roster, and even though she has talent in gobs, she needs to show some desire and let her voice be heard, or she might end up being a bit of the black sheep of the Rage's rebuilding effort...

Closing:
Looking past Jordan McArthur who is arguably the best player on the Rage right now. The rest of the LW group is a bit iffy if you ask me. There isn't really anyone who makes me think ''Yes, he/she can challenge Jordan.'' And that is really a problem, and even though Giroux and Enderle have point scoring ability, you need more than just good performances to be able to impress.
But even with all those faults, I don't feel like the LW is the weakest position of the team. Quite frankly Jordan McArthur makes up for a lot of defiencies and he will keep the LW position from dissapearing alltogether.

Next time I will be talking about the other side of the wing, the Right Wing will be put under my looking glass.

Until then, please leave a comment about this write up. I don't mind if it's a simple ''good read'', or a form of constructive criticism. Just an acknowledgement of this article is good enough Smile

861 words, 1 picture

Nice Read...alot of our wingers are RW/LW, so they might not appear on this list because they are not 1st position LWers, but we have lots of wingers, so I expect there to be some great competition for positions.

Go Rage !

Quote:Originally posted by Aaron "AAA" Allen@Sep 9 2012, 02:46 PM
Nice Read...alot of our wingers are RW/LW, so they might not appear on this list because they are not 1st position LWers, but we have lots of wingers, so I expect there to be some great competition for positions.

Go&nbsp; Rage !

I know, but by default I am trying to stick with their first position. Else it would get too confusing for me to write because I can easily add right wingers to the left wingers post and vice versa.

Good read mang. Can't wait to see the defense one Wink

Great read Cheers

and moritz,

it'll be somehting like ..

Stud
Stud
Stud
Grossmann
Stud
Stud
Stud

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Sep 9 2012, 10:17 AM
Great read Cheers

and moritz,

it'll be somehting like ..

Stud
Stud
Stud
Grossmann
Stud
Stud
Stud

Have fun in the NWJHL or on some other team when I tell D_a you're a cancer <_< :ph34r:

good read Falcons Smile

Quote:Originally posted by 12jmoritz@Sep 9 2012, 11:55 AM

Have fun in the NWJHL or on some other team when I tell D_a you're a cancer <_<&nbsp; :ph34r:

:wub: you grossy Smile lolz

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

nice read again man Smile

Quote:Originally posted by deknegt@Sep 9 2012, 09:29 AM

I know, but by default I am trying to stick with their first position. Else it would get too confusing for me to write because I can easily add right wingers to the left wingers post and vice versa.
That and our best left winger isn't even going to be playing left wing this season. Still, breaking them up by initial position is definitely the easiest way to do it.