Create Account

Shanye to the Whalers

Shanye Steele joins the Vancouver Whalers

After a short (less than 24 hour) period of thinking it over, Shanye Steele has signed with the Vancouver Whalers

"This was by far the hardest decision I have made, I really wanted to play for every team. I mean it. I had multiple reasons to play for all the clubs, and so even narrowing it down was hard, honestly I narrowed it down to five and was super uncertain at that point. I knew I didn't want to go the Kings right away and I wanted to play in the NWJHL first. I knew the Knights and I weren't a good fit. I really wanted to play infront of Ace, that much I knew, but it wasn't an over all good match for us. Then, it came down to five clubs that all had a lot to offer full of so many great people. I wanted to play for them all and I wanted to play against them all, so it was hard." - Shanye

Interview Why Vancouver in the end?

"I knew I wanted to play for a team that wanted to win the 4 star cup bad. It's early in the year, so you never know who is going to do well in the playoffs, who will flop or who will rise, but the Whalers seem to be a team that has the tools to do some damage in the playoffs, they just needed another anchor on the blue line. Also, Siya Mirza, the man impersonating me was on the Whalers roster and I feel like I can step in a fix the mess he made. Also, I get a chance to play with Valentine, that was the biggest factor." - Shanye

Interview Would you say you would of just signed where ever Valentine was playing?

"Probably, yeah. But I guess you never know." - Shanye

Interview Who influenced your decision post?

"Well I got around thirty or so messages from non-GM players who asked me about joining there clubs, but one guy was Alex who really sold me on Vancouver. He talked to me a bit, he use to play in Vancouver and convinced me I'd do well in Vancouver." - Shanye

Ilike Welcome to the team :D

Valentine - Steele :ahh!:

Whalers Whalers Whalers

Interview How much dirty money was involved in this decision?

[Image: TtSHTwn.png]

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: VhDOEWm.png]

Wrong choice, you will regret it come play off time Wink

Quote:Originally posted by Bleak@Oct 9 2012, 05:06 PM
Wrong choice, you will regret it come play off time Wink
Falcons Firebirds Finals IMO

didnt u have like 16mil in your account already?

Nice to know you screwed over the same franchise twice

Quote:Originally posted by Corcoran@Oct 10 2012, 01:14 AM
Not to mention the :kings: Wink

[Image: TtSHTwn.png]

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: VhDOEWm.png]

Welcome to Vancouver!!!!!!!!!!!! Whalers

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

Quote:Originally posted by Corcoran@Oct 9 2012, 06:14 PM
Someone's grapes are sour

Still butthurt.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

despite making the wrong decision, I wish you the best of luck on the Whalers lmfao, when they choke.

Quote:Originally posted by vintagerockstar@Oct 9 2012, 06:37 PM
despite making the wrong decision, I wish you the best of luck on the Whalers lmfao, when they choke.

Lol? Don't live in the past Wink

Yeah the Whalers have a whole new revamped team then in the past. a team full of skill, speed, and grit with players that have won countless amounts of AAA tournaments like Silver sticks etc... were a team built off winners.

Quote:Originally posted by Phil.B@Oct 9 2012, 06:43 PM

Lol? Don't live in the past  Wink

Happened last year when you guys stole legit every free agent and were the most stacked team easily. Why not again?

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Quote:Originally posted by stlblues@Oct 9 2012, 06:49 PM
Yeah the Whalers have a whole new revamped team then in the past. a team full of skill, speed, and grit with players that have won countless amounts of AAA tournaments like Silver sticks etc... were a team built off winners.
Yeah, it's amazing what two seasons can do :lol: When I was part of the Whalers, we sucked (Marshall's fault tbh)