Create Account

Official College Basketball

Oh shiiiiitttttt. My dad's going to the SU-G'town game today with some potential clients and one just pulled out so my dad gave me the ticket. The seats are a few rows behind the SU bench. Fuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkkkkk yeeeeeesssssssssss.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangify@Feb 23 2013, 12:35 PM
Oh shiiiiitttttt. My dad's going to the SU-G'town game today with some potential clients and one just pulled out so my dad gave me the ticket. The seats are a few rows behind the SU bench. Fuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkkkkk yeeeeeesssssssssss.
cuse blows lol

Yea, Triche sucks dick. MCW sucks dick. But, I knew both of those going in.

I went to the NC State-UNC game at the end of January at NC State. Was my first live basketball game and it was sweet.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball...ight-stop-there

Leaving next season? Keeping the Big East name? Adding Butler + Xavier? The Catholic 7 has done good. :D :D

Steve Alford just got hired as the new UCLA coach. Good hire.

Andy Enfield to USC. Idk how much I like this one.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Apr 2 2013, 09:32 AM

He turned a lucky tournament into a job at a university that isn't really a good basketball school. I don't like it. He won't last long.

Quote:Originally posted by Bouchard6327@Apr 2 2013, 10:55 AM

He turned a lucky tournament into a job at a university that isn't really a good basketball school. I don't like it. He won't last long.

That's kind of how I feel. I heard somebody say today that this hiring is kind of like Keno Davis at Providence. Guy gets hired with little-to-no resume and bombs out in fantastic fashion. If I were an AD, I would've liked to see him do it again.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Apr 2 2013, 10:15 AM

That's kind of how I feel. I heard somebody say today that this hiring is kind of like Keno Davis at Providence. Guy gets hired with little-to-no resume and bombs out in fantastic fashion. If I were an AD, I would've liked to see him do it again.

Look at Shaka Smart. He turned a team fairly similar into a contender. Enfield could've been that guy, but I don't think so. USC wants to be taken seriously and I don't think this was the way to go.

Quote:Originally posted by Bouchard6327@Apr 2 2013, 11:22 AM

Look at Shaka Smart. He turned a team fairly similar into a contender. Enfield could've been that guy, but I don't think so. USC wants to be taken seriously and I don't think this was the way to go.

Idk if I'd say that VCU is similar to FGCU. I mean, VCU was in a mid-major conference that had teams that had some success in tournaments and heck, VCU had been to some tournaments. FGCU, meanwhile, is in a conference that I would say is "small" and not even a mid-major and the only team they had that had tourney success was Belmont, but they just left the conference before this season. Thus, I'd say FGCU is a larger project and would take a lot more to turn into a VCU or Butler. So, Enfield moving is no surprise and it is definitely a good move for him, but idk how I feel about it from USC's POV.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Apr 2 2013, 10:25 AM

Idk if I'd say that VCU is similar to FGCU. I mean, VCU was in a mid-major conference that had teams that had some success in tournaments and heck, VCU had been to some tournaments. FGCU, meanwhile, is in a conference that I would say is "small" and not even a mid-major and the only team they had that had tourney success was Belmont, but they just left the conference before this season. Thus, I'd say FGCU is a larger project and would take a lot more to turn into a VCU or Butler. So, Enfield moving is no surprise and it is definitely a good move for him, but idk how I feel about it from USC's POV.

I guess you're right. FGCU hasn't been eligible that long.

I see USC's point of view clearly. Sign a hot head coach who everyone in the nation knows now. Gets people talking about the school. They haven't had a whole lot go on there since the OJ Mayo issues. So any publicity is good publicity right now

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Apr 2 2013, 09:32 AM

shouldve stayed one more year. Kinda a douche to leave right after they lost too lol. If they repeated he could have gotten a better job, USC isn't exactly a top notch basketball school.

An ESPN source tweeted last night that he is hearing Andrew Wiggins will commit to Florida State. I hope that isn't true and I hope he signs with either Kentucky or UNC just so I can watch him a lot more. Plus if he went to UNC or Kentucky he would have a very good chance of winning it all. Especially UK.

No way Wiggins would go to UK. Too many stud players. When you have Poythress coming off the bench, you know you have alotta talent. I assumed Wiggins would go to either FSU or Kansas. #1 pick in 2014 regardless lol.