Create Account

Podcast Rubric READ ME - UPDATED 11/23/14

Podcast RUBRIC:

Best way to make money on SHL. We like creativity in this so that is why we will be offering ~$50,000 per minute. Don't ramble on about non-SHL related things. We will listen to it. Creativity pays and original ideas/discussion will incur cash bonus.

PODCAST CONTENT IS AT THE DISCRETION OF SHL MEDIA GRADING TEAM. IF WE THINK YOU GO OFF-TOPIC TOO MUCH, YOUR PAY WILL REFLECT THAT.

~$500k for 10 minutes. That doesn't sound bad at all. You can do it on your way to work, in your basement alone, or on skype with a friend! Anything goes as long as it's SHL-related for the most-part.

MAXIMUM: 1 HOUR LIMIT & 1 PODCAST PER WEEK-- You can go over, but you'll be paid for 1 hour... League events/special podcasts (i.e. not once per week) may qualify for pay above the cap of 3 mil you would receive for an on-topic 60 minute podcast. However, it's going to have to be really impressive and much more scrutinized for being SHL-related.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gifter of Bikes edit:

I want to add on that I've been put in charge of the Podcast section. For those of us doing a series, I request that you PLEASE put your podcast links in the same topic, and you can make a separate topic for Q and A.

I was guilty of opening a new topic for each episode, and it was getting ugly on this part of the forum. I have a general Archives thread with my podcast links, and then a general Questions thread. I will be posting an update in that thread whenever I am getting ready to record a new section. I will say who the guest will be, and then manage my own thread.

If everyone can follow this model, I think the podcast section can be very tidy and streamlined. Thanks. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gorlab edit:

Stop doing 4 hour podcasts just to try and milk the system.

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Going to be paying for my 2 in the SHL media? Wink

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

should put a max amount of money per player imo

so easy to make a one hour podcasts every weekend for a season and your set for 2+ seasons

An extra 5 million for every minute that includes me, right?

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@Dec 15 2012, 03:08 PM
An extra 5 million for every minute that includes me, right?

Meaning my career is golden now :lol:

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

1 million for 10 minutes?

It takes way longer to write a 1000 word media article for not even as much money and I am sure the same for graphics.

I guess Podcasts are the way to go now.

Quote:Originally posted by Aaron "AAA" Allen@Dec 15 2012, 01:52 PM
1 million for 10 minutes?

It takes way longer to write a 1000 word media article for not even as much money and I am sure the same for graphics.

I guess Podcasts are the way to go now.
Yeahthat

Bros be mad podcasts are easy but making a good one is hard

Quote:Originally posted by PostWhoreFromOntario@Dec 15 2012, 04:20 PM
Bros be mad podcasts are easy but making a good one is hard
Especially with Dylan :lol: :lol:

Podcasts are more interesting and requires more community involvement which is what I am going for.

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Bumped for views

updated for S21.

I'm fine with TiB being paid for 1 hour. Keep in mind, it'll be going over it every episode

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Make it 2 hours limit.

[Image: tuxpi-com-1618108119.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by Buster+Nov 23 2014, 11:01 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Buster @ Nov 23 2014, 11:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'm fine with TiB being paid for 1 hour. Keep in mind, it'll be going over it every episode[/b]

Fair Enough.

<!--QuoteBegin-Boomcheck@Nov 23 2014, 11:41 PM
Make it 2 hours limit.[/quote]

Nah.