Create Account

Calgary Flames Be A GM

I really like what you're doing to CGY, keep it up.

Quote:Originally posted by vintagerockstar@Jan 2 2013, 08:31 PM
I really like what you're doing to CGY, keep it up.

Sarcastic? Tongue

Gah we're going into 2018 and we are improving but this is taking too long. I've stood pat too long probably and have too many prospects in order to let them all properly develop, Gonna stick with it till we win a cup though :D

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

no sarcasm.

Quote:Originally posted by vintagerockstar@Jan 2 2013, 08:39 PM
no sarcasm.

Alright, just cause I was coming off a horrid season but my goalie pipeline is sick. Got this guy Ortio who developed somehow into 83 but I don't remember really using him Tongue Fucale who is a former first rounder of mine, two FA signings in Williams (3 1/2 stars 62 overall, Stalock and Irving were both 3 1/2 and went to mid 80's, so is Ortio) and Repik (4 stars, 65 overall) and then Jack Campbell my 4 1/2 star 83 overall goalie of the future.

Hopefully we win a cup soon because Toews is getting older and Schwartz is already declining a bit (86--> 85 last season).

Well I simmed the preseason and 4 games of the season. In the preseason we went an outstanding...

0-4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then during the season we won the first two 4-2 and 2-0 but then lost 3-1 and 7-2 :ahh!:

Year is early but if we can win some more and Campbell can steal some games we've got a real chance. Here are the lines:

Code:
(85) Schwartz(87) Mackinnon  (90) Toews
(84) Kreider    (86) Backlund   (81) Rattie
(80) Pitlick (76) Jenner     (82) Wahl
(79) Kozun   (61) Bredo      (58) Marcotte

Code:
(85) Subban   (84) Del Zotto
(77) Reinhart (83) Brodie
(80) McIlrath (82) Pysyk

Code:
(83) Campbell
(83) Ortio

AHL Lines:

Code:
(60) Virtanen (79) Lindberg (78) Puempel
(80) Toffoli  (64) Barkov   (73) Sutter
(69) Vasko    (58) Butcher  (64) Torok
(63) Elson    (68) Hall     (68) Stransky

(75) Pouliot  (79) Harrington
(76) Beaulieu (75) Wotherspoon
(72) Thrower  (68) Sieloff

(65) Repik
(68) Fucale

Very solid AHL squad and got prospects who will develop into very good players. I got a recent draft pick in Teifel who went from 68-76 last season and will become quite good hopefully.

Well we were 16-11-1 and in 3rd but proceeded to lose six straight in regulation. GAH SO INCONSISTENT. We now sit at 19-20-2 fack. This is on December 3rd btw.

So considering how low in the standings we are, I'm considering trying to move our 1st + Prospect for a guy who can bring immediate help. It can be done so I'll re-evaluate at the all star break where we are.

So at the All Star Break we are 22-25-3.

Flames All Stars
Toews

He put up 2 assists B) but a very subpar year so far.

Team Leaders
Backlund 14 goals
Toews 29 Assists
Campbell 22 wins

We need a goal scorer right now because this is BRUTAL. Gonna try and make a move now.

Okay so we sat on February 4th at 23-26-4 good enough for 2nd last in the west and 6th worst in the league. Something needed to be done and given our leading scorer was Backlund with a mere 14 goals I scoured the trade block for a proven high value scorer and I found one.

To CGY:
Henrik Zetterberg

To DET:
Calgary 1st Round Pick (this year)
Dallas 2nd Round Pick (From Stalock deal)
Brandon Kozun

I get an elite scorer for a first round pick from this year, which I hope will lower in value now, Dallas' second round pick and they're a top team so it had little value, and Brandon Kozun who I signed for a 3rd rounder and he had recently been demoted to 4th line duty.

Lines:
Zetterberg - Mackinnon - Toews
Schwartz - Backlund - Kreider
Wahl - Jenner - Rattie
Pitlick - SCRUB - ADUB

I've been scouting in Russia and a week in it looks like I may have found my first 5 star player. A forward D. Smirnov is 5 green stars :ahh!: but there's still 3 weeks left of scouting so I'll definitely make a move on him as I still have a first and a second left in this years draft :lol:

Gonna just run the course and hit the trade deadline when it gets here but I got a trade offered too good to resist

To CGY:
NSH 2nd Round Pick

To NSH:
DAL 3rd Round Pick
Bobby Macintyre

So I move up a round for a prospect that would never get signed? OKAY!

On February 16th, Zetterberg has exploded to lead our team in goals, assists AND points! Haha holy shit. He's a monster out there for us :lol:

So on February 17th now we sit at 25-28-6, 3rd last in the west and 9th last in the league. Slowly moving up...

You need a better goalie. Your not gonna win shit with Campbell and Ortio in net.

Quote:Originally posted by Backlund@Jan 4 2013, 01:22 PM
You need a better goalie. Your not gonna win shit with Campbell and Ortio in net.

I'm letting Campbell develop tbh but I'm gonna see where I can go right now in the playoffs.

To CGY:
Mike Cammaleri :lol:

To STL:
Aleksander Barkov

Barkov's development was BRUTAL. Played first line AHL minutes and went up 2, played 2nd line NHL and went up 2. CAMI'S BACK

Quote:Originally posted by Backlund@Jan 4 2013, 01:22 PM

No you really don't :lol:

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Backlund@Jan 4 2013, 12:22 PM

lol yes he can. In my 5th season with the Flames, I started Ortio (who was an 84 at the time) and he gave me 40 wins. Then again, I had a much better lineup (M. Earl (87) - Solberg (92) - Shinkaruk (87) ) then his, but still. Campbell and Ortio are studs in this game.

Quote:Originally posted by The_Real_BK@Jan 4 2013, 01:49 PM

lol yes he can. In my 5th season with the Flames, I started Ortio (who was an 84 at the time) and he gave me 40 wins. Then again, I had a much better lineup (M. Earl (87) - Solberg (92) - Shinkaruk (87) ) then his, but still. Campbell and Ortio are studs in this game.

Hey, I've got Zetterberg 89 - Toews 90 and Mackinnon 87 Tongue