Create Account

Calgary Flames Be A GM

Well I made the move for Kovy but this time on December 27th, hopefully this will help carry us. Whoops, we just lost 9-3 <_< lololol.

I'm simming as I write this so I'll do updates as we go. Dallas keeps offering me T/om/odd/im Daley for two of my prospects, Random and Tiny Tucker. Every couple days they leave Tucker and change the random prospect... STAHP. Same thing happened last season with Hartikainen until they finally traded him.

Through 43 games we are 25-16-2.

Zetterberg is leading the team with 22 goals and Toews is leading with 32 assists.

Wow we just beat Chicago 10-2... That is ridiculous and an achievement for my GM tracker B) Oh shit, I haven't upgraded my staff in forever... Oh well. So yeah, I think I'm gonna hold my team where it is right now unless I make a smaller deal at the deadline for some more depth, possibly on defense as we're still allowing lot's of goals per game.

Okay so through 57 games now we are 34-21-2 and Zetterberg has 25 goals, Toews has 38 assists. That's quite disappointing but we have solid depth scoring. This is February 15th btw.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Nvm ur a qt.

I like the Kovy deal a lot if you can get him resigned!

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Quote:Originally posted by Mr.O4L@Jan 6 2013, 07:58 PM
Nvm ur a qt.

I like the Kovy deal a lot if you can get him resigned!

:o WUT DID U SAY :unsure:

And I can... Maybe. Gonna free up some cap, but if I win the cup this season then I'm done with the BAGM and am moving onto TO. If I don't make it past the first round I'm being fired anyways Tongue

End of the season and we sit currently 51-27-4.

Team Leaders:

Goals:
Kovalchuk - 39
Zetterberg - 35

Assists:
Schwartz - 56
Toews 54
Mackinnon - 53

Toews - 74
Kovalchuk - 72
Zetterberg - 72
Rattie - 71
Schwartz - 70

To have 6 guys over 70 points is ridiculous :D Biggs put up 32 so very solid in a third line role. Keith managed 34 but was solid defensively. Heading into the playoffs.

Playoffs: Round 1 vs. Phoenix Coyotes

Finished first in the west so home ice :D

Game 1:
PHX - 2
CGY - 0

Game 2:
PHX - 1
CGY - 4

Game 3:
CGY - 4
PHX - 2

Game 4:
CGY - 0
PHX - 3

Game 5:
PHX - 1
CGY - 3

Game 6:
CGY - 2
PHX - 0

Made me shit a bit but oh well. Maybe next series :lol:

Also, AHL team made the playoffs :D Finished 51 - 20 - 3, very similar to NHL :lol:

Team Leaders:

Goals:
Puempel - 42 - 2nd in league (lol had kovy, puempel finish 2nd), 3rd in Powerplay G
Sutter - 33
Torok - 31
Teifel - 27

Assists:
Beaulieu - 53 - 8th in league (4th best +/-)
Lindberg - 50

Lindberg - 72
Teifel - 72

They face HAM round one :D
Bright future :D

Round 2 vs Columbus Blue Jackets

Game 1:
CBJ - 1
CGY - 3

Game 2:
CBJ -

Not doing scores anymore, too lazy.

AHL lost in 7. Last game was 1-0 <_<

Lost in the second round in 5 :(

Wow. Hard end to the season but oh well. Not sure where I'm gonna go from here.

Should I keep going one more year or just say fuck it.

Gonna go to re-sign and see who I can get under contract... If it's brutal then fuck it, I'm done with this.

Fucking Zetteberg AMD Kovalchuk retired. Traded 3 1st rounders for first overall and got a 4 1/2 dman.

Idk what I'm gonna do... We had some good progression but no real great guys other than Mackinnon (89) Toews (90) an Schwartz (86)
And Keith 90 and subban 87
Not a cup winning team

What should I do? I think I'm done...

Yeah... not much progression and some regression (Pysyk 81-79, Del Zotto 85-83) and the best progressions were

Rattie 83-85
Teifel 78-82
Pouliot 81-83
Reinhart77-81

So yeah... I'm probably done but want some input.

Don't quit because the game brought you down. This is where the beauty in these come, watching a GM come back from the ashes

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@Jan 8 2013, 08:54 PM
Don't quit because the game brought you down. This is where the beauty in these come, watching a GM come back from the ashes

I've also got kinda bored with it :lol: I'd been planning to stop which is why i went all out this season. It's 2020... It's getting to the point where the top players will be unknowns