Create Account

Ottawa Senators Be a GM

Alright well, time to get back to this. Simmed to the trade deadline and not much happened. Ending up making one trade:

To Vancouver
Rob Scuderi

To Ottawa
Jannik Hanson

Good 3rd liner for someone who hasn't played a game this season? I'll take it!

Overall we are now 37-22-6, which is good for 4th in the East and 2nd in the division, 2 points behind the Leafs. Not really much else to talk about after that. Will update once playoffs roll around!

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@Jan 4 2013, 12:55 PM
Alright well, time to get back to this. Simmed to the trade deadline and not much happened. Ending up making one trade:

[b]To Vancouver

Rob Scuderi

To Ottawa
Jannik Hanson

Good 3rd liner for someone who hasn't played a game this season? I'll take it!

Overall we are now 37-22-6, which is good for 4th in the East and 2nd in the division, 2 points behind the Leafs. Not really much else to talk about after that. Will update once playoffs roll around![/b]

You should trade Spezza imo

Quote:Originally posted by The_Real_BK@Jan 4 2013, 01:56 PM

You should trade Spezza imo

If we weren't contending, I would. But I really do need him this season

So we finished the season 46-27-9, good fr 101 points and 4th place! It's looking like we'll face Florida in the first round. Top 5 scorers and goalie stats:

Gagne: 79 24-42-66
Turris 82 21-31-52
Spezza 47 18-32-50
Voracek 51 28-19-47
Alfie: 17-29-46 in 77 games

Lehner: 38-25-6 with a 2.41GAA and 920%
Engren: 8-2-3 with a 1.87 GAA and 938%

My starting playoff lineup is:

Gagne(85)-Spezza(87)-Voracek(85)
Turris(80)-McDonald(80)-Alfie(83)
Daugavins(79)-Smith(80)-Zibby(78)
Neil(77)-Malhotra(77)-Hansen(78)

Regehr(83)-Karlsson(89)
Gonch(83)-Clark(79)
Eckford(73)-Ceci(70)

Lehner(81)
Engren(77)

Michalek and Cowen are both out 4 weeks, while Phillips is out for a couple more days

We got swept in the first round by Florida. Not really much more to say about that. Couldn't score but Lehner played great. So now to the prospects:

Well first, Gonchar retired which leaves a hole on our backend.

Kyle Turris and Zack Smith are both 81
Zac Dalpe is now 80
MacKinnon is now 70
Drouin is now 65
Silfverberg is now 71
Hoffman is now 78
Shane Prince is now 77
Adam Erne is now 74
Zibby is now 81
Seth Jones is now 78 (NHL ready :D)
Ceci is now 79(NHL ready :D)
Cowen went down to 78
Darrnel Nurse is now 80(NHL ready :D)
Lehner is now 83
Mike Morrison is now 76

Pretty good batch right there! Now for the draft, and this is where things really heat up. There is one guy I'm looking at right now, and that is Aaron Ekblad. I get him and my D is GOLDEN. This is going to be tough. Tampa Bay has the pick and I only have two late firsts. Time to get creative.

I sent:

To Tampa Bay
Ottawa and Toronto firsts (22 and 24)
Engstrand
Zalpe

To Ottawa
Tampa Bay 1st (1)

..........and I got it first try. Well, that was easy. I ended up drafting Ekblad number one. Great pick. The rest of the draft was very meh for me so I won't say too much about it.

Aaron Ekblad: 60 with 4 1/2 Gold

I'll take it.

Will do signings later. Before I forget, Lehner won the Calder!

Alright, time for FA! We have a lot of great young players ready for NHL duty this year, so lots of tough choices.

The first was what to do on center. My choice was not hard. I still have Spezza, Turris and Smith so I only need to sign one. So I resigned:

Manny Malhotra (2 years, 0.905M, 2 way)

Dat faceoff. Left wing wasn't that friendly towards me. Both Gagne and Michalek need deals. Thankfully my bottom LWs are fine. I signed them to:

Gagne (1 year, 6.820M)
Michalek (2 years, 4.420M)

Right wing will have to be the toughest choice I've made so far. Alfie is regressing while Zibby is improving...and I only have room for one. As tough as this is for me, I made this deal:

Mika Zibanejad (2.385M, 3 years)
Jannik Hanse (1.730M, 3 years)

Bye Alfie :(. My D on the other hand is about to get super young. Cowen, Nurse and Jones will all be in the NHL next season. I signed Nurse and Jones to basic entry level deals and got Cowen for:

Jared Cowen (1.660M, 3 years)

Such a good deal. I also resigned Regehr for 4.140M for a year. Other than that, just a few depth signings and not much else. To FA! All I need is a top 6 D and I have 18.420M. This off-season will rule. Dan Girardi is in FA and considering I have way too much cap space, I sent him a deal worth:

Dan Girardi (6.095M, 2 years)

Such a steal! Other than that, I've been trying to get guys for one or two year deals but they all want way too much so there is no way I'm going to be able to do this. So instead I did this:

Tim Thomas (1 year, 7.420M)

Elite backup ftw! I had the space, why not? Other than that, I just made a bunch of depth signigns.

2014-2015 Projected Lineup
Gagne(86)-Spezza(87)-Voracek(85)
Michalek(83)-Turris(81)-Zibanejad(81)
Daugavins(79)-Smith(81)-Hansen(78)
Prince(77)-Malhotra(76)-Neil(76)

Karlsson(89)-Girardi(86)
Regehr(83)-Nurse(80)
Ceci(79)-Jones(78)
Cowen(78)

Lehner(83)
Thomas(85)

This season wasn't interesting for me. No trades and mostly long-term injuries to most of my core players, so I decided to skip to playoffs. We finished 5th in the East with a 44-32-6 record, and we are entering round one against the Canes:

Game 1: 2-1 L
Game 2: 3-2 W
Game 3: 4-2 L
Game 4: 2-1 L
Game 5: 4-3 L

Another year, another first round exit. To be fair though, we had Spezza, Gagne and Nurse out. So, for developments:

Da Costa to 79
MacKinnon to 79
Drouin to 68
Hoffman to 80
Silferverg to 79
Prince to 79
Zibanejad to 85
Adam Erne to 80
Seth Jones to 84
Ceci to 84
Nurse to 83
Lehner to 84
Mike Morrison to 79

These Sens are set to go after that cup.