Create Account

Introducing: Championship Week

Sorry to everyone that missed it, luckily there will be four more this week.

Quote:Originally posted by The_Real_BK@Jan 10 2013, 08:18 AM
Umm...you guys couldn't wait for me before locking the thread.

I literally had my stuff in, then you were all like "lol nop locked"
I didn't lock it, if it was, I will unlock it because I will keep it up till I post the new one tonight.

Quote:Originally posted by jkrever@Jan 10 2013, 06:38 PM

it's points for everyone. I don't have an issue with uncapped TPE if every member has a chance to earn them. You don't have to write long essays to get these points.

I'm sorry but the fact that everyone can get those uncapped TPE without having to do much isn't what's good about this, it's exactly the problem with these points. Because this is a prime example of TPE-inflation: Points for everyone who is at least kind of active. That's the kind of inflation everyone claims should stop, but when it comes to concrete situations like this one nothing has changed. Again, I know that this is just a small PT which shouldn't hurt much, but it's just a prime example of the types of PTs the league said they want to put a stop to...

And if we consider that the league is discussing drastic changes like changing sim engines or a stricter Update-scale at the moment, handing out more easy uncapped TPE looks like really bad timing. Because the main problem in this league is still that players are just too good, not the engine or anything, and players are too good because of easy PTs like this one. Which we already have quite a few of anyway (Season Prediction, Playoff Prediction, Mock Draft...)

Oh and @701: It's good that people will get some more time now, but this might still be kinda problematic because Game 1 is already simmed and as soon as the results are posted in the head office (which I think has already happened), pretty much half the league knows the results and Scorers already. I for example know of two players who had a 4-point-night already...

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Hopefully they don't look, and we can trust them.

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 10 2013, 06:47 AM
Still not a fan of all those uncapped points, but oh well, at least sounds like a fun idea. Wish we would've had something like this last season Wink

One other issue though: The prediction PT wasn't even open for 12 hours, that's way too short imho, especially since a big part of those 12 hours was during the night as well...

15 *at most* really isn't a ton. Lol.

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 10 2013, 12:31 PM

I'm sorry but the fact that everyone can get those uncapped TPE without having to do much isn't what's good about this, it's exactly the problem with these points. Because this is a prime example of TPE-inflation: Points for everyone who is at least kind of active. That's the kind of inflation everyone claims should stop, but when it comes to concrete situations like this one nothing has changed. Again, I know that this is just a small PT which shouldn't hurt much, but it's just a prime example of the types of PTs the league said they want to put a stop to...

And if we consider that the league is discussing drastic changes like changing sim engines or a stricter Update-scale at the moment, handing out more easy uncapped TPE looks like really bad timing. Because the main problem in this league is still that players are just too good, not the engine or anything, and players are too good because of easy PTs like this one. Which we already have quite a few of anyway (Season Prediction, Playoff Prediction, Mock Draft...)

Oh and @701: It's good that people will get some more time now, but this might still be kinda problematic because Game 1 is already simmed and as soon as the results are posted in the head office (which I think has already happened), pretty much half the league knows the results and Scorers already. I for example know of two players who had a 4-point-night already...

The most active SHOULD be given a reward for it. This is something fun, and rewarding.

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 10 2013, 01:31 PM

I don't think you understand my vision for this league and what it was made for. It was that anyone can have a good player if they're somewhat active. It was that you do not have to write, as I said, major pieces of writing to earn points.

We are beginning our transition back to that stage, back to where it was when it started, where anyone and everyone can earn points for participating. This league has become where it's all about earning gaudy amounts of TPE by writing and writing and writing, and that's now what I ever wanted.

Please try to understand what this league is all about.

Every point task should be easy, and every player should have the opportunity to be good. This will be a yearly thing that everyone can participate in and it will hype up the finals which was badly needed. Next year, you will not see large writing point tasks, and the active members will be rewarded as opposed to only the ones that can write.

My point is you shouldn't have to spend two hours a day here to have a good player. It's all about being active, enjoying some fun minor point task activities, and watching your player and team progress.

You're thinking the opposite.

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 10 2013, 02:31 PM

Uncapped points are down, they don't need to go away completley I honestly don't see why 1 week of free points is such a big deal to you. The league was built so that you don't have to do article's or even write a PT to have a decent player. You take away any PT like this and that becomes much much harder and this league loses a part of it's league. We were to far one way before we have to make sure we don't go to far the other way trying to fix it, there has to be a happy medium. Nothing wrong with this.

Ya basically exactly what Krever said lol

Should hire me back as PT director tbh Wink

Quote:Originally posted by Mr. Andersson@Jan 10 2013, 02:35 PM
Should hire me back as PT director tbh Wink

Implying I am doing a bad job? Lol..

I just got the job (not for this season even but I am helping), settle.

Quote:Originally posted by 701@Jan 10 2013, 05:39 PM

Implying I am doing a bad job? Lol..

I just got the job (not for this season even but I am helping), settle.
No, not at all. Just simply bored, and it's a job that I know how to do very well, and did for a few months prior to my computer crashing and my inactivity because of that :s

Quote:Originally posted by jkrever@Jan 10 2013, 09:29 PM

I don't think you understand my vision for this league and what it was made for. It was that anyone can have a good player if they're somewhat active. It was that you do not have to write, as I said, major pieces of writing to earn points.

We are beginning our transition back to that stage, back to where it was when it started, where anyone and everyone can earn points for participating. This league has become where it's all about earning gaudy amounts of TPE by writing and writing and writing, and that's now what I ever wanted.

Please try to understand what this league is all about.

Every point task should be easy, and every player should have the opportunity to be good. This will be a yearly thing that everyone can participate in and it will hype up the finals which was badly needed. Next year, you will not see large writing point tasks, and the active members will be rewarded as opposed to only the ones that can write.

I do understand your vision, I just don't seem to share it Tongue.

Players have too many TPE already and the solution should be to make PTs even easier? Sorry, but that doesn't make much sense.
You always seem to equate activity with writing, which absolutely isn't the case. But if people get about the same amount of points no matter if they are active or not, then why even bother putting in any effort? You can already see at the PBP-section what happens when you deincentivize things - people just don't do them anymore.

Quote:My point is you shouldn't have to spend two hours a day here to have a good player. It's all about being active, enjoying some fun minor point task activities, and watching your player and team progress.

You're thinking the opposite.

I don't think the opposite of that. I just don't think that handing out free TPE left and right is the way to go.

I can't get into this much deeper at the moment but it looks like you fail to see my vision just as much as you think I fail to recognize yours Wink

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Sweet don't come on late at night or during the day and miss a PT. Freakin' awesome.