Create Account

St Louis Blues GM Realism ftw

Just started my second year with the St Louis Blues.

Trying to keep things fairly realistic. ie, no going after superstars using the crappy trade engine.

Current Lineup:

Perron (84) - Backes (84) - Stewart (85)
Clowe* (83) - Berglund (84) - Horton* (85)
Sobotka (82) - Adam* (81) - Steen (81)
Firgen* (79) - Sonne (76) - Reaves (73)

Pietrangelo (87) - Shattenkirk (86)
Jackman (83) - Russel (84)
Polak (78) - Foster (77)

Halak (88)
Elliot (80)

Notable Prospects:
N. MacKinnion* (62) [4.5 stars, GREEN] [17]
E. Grachev (75) [3.5 stars, YELLOW] 23
Phil McRae (72 [3.5 stars, YELLOW] 23
Dmitrij Jaskin (65) [4 stars, YELLOW] 20
T. Rattie (64) [4 stars, YELLOW] 20
C. Murphy* (61) [4 stars, YELLOW] 20
K. Lowe* (60) [4 stars, YELLOW] 20
A. Quine* (60) [3.5 stars, YWLLOW] 20
M. Gernat* (60) [3.5 stars, YELLOW] 20
J. Allen (74) [3.5 stars, YELLOW] 23

*= FA/Trade

Clowe: FA, 2013
Horton: FA, 2013
Adam: Trade, (Adam for Della Rovere, Taylor Chorny)
Firgen: FA, 2013
MacKinnon: Trade, (MacKinnon for Oshie, 1st [2014], Klimchuk, Cole)
Murphy: FA, 2013
Lowe: FA, 2013
Quine: FA, 2013
Gernat: FA, 2013

The MacKinnon trade was one I made because of my lack of depth of Center prospects. the only decent one is McRae, but another PWF is not what this organization needs. Yes it is a lot for one player, but a big return is what a player like Nathan MacKinnon would command. Maybe not necessarily what I sent, but that can be discussed if you like. Mac was an Avalanche when traded.

So yeah, will keep this updated as I move along!

Just about to start the 2014 playoffs. Squeaked in at the 8th spot.

Clowe was the best Bluenote this season, scoring 65 points in 82 games.

Oshieeeeeeeeeeee

and no Tarasenko, McDonald, Schwartz?

Quote:Originally posted by Duey722@Jan 11 2013, 02:43 PM
Oshieeeeeeeeeeee

Don't think Tarasenko is in game but it's weird. For Calgary, Max Reinhart and Sven Bartschi are missing... But I did trade for Schwartz in the BAGM.... weird.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Quote:Originally posted by Duey722@Jan 11 2013, 02:43 PM
Oshieeeeeeeeeeee

Schwartz is definitely in the game

Schwartz is still in the minors. I know how he turns out , so my team won't be focused around him.

McDonald didn't fit my new team. Let him go to fa. When I return home I'll search for tarasenko but don't hold your breath.

Starting third year now.

Perron-Berglund-Stewart
Clowe-Backes-Horton
Schwartz-Wellwood*-Sobotka
Grachev-Adam-Neil*

Shattenkirk-Pietrangelo
Russell-Jalvanti*
Hogstrom*-Polak

Halak
Elliot

*All FA signings

Scratch what I said about Shwartz. He's developed nicely so far. Hopefully it continues. Most likely will take Clowe's spot next season.

Lost the 2014 playoffs to the Stanley Cup Finalist Calgary Flames n 7 games in the first round. Not bad for a team that came 7th and came back from 3 games down.

Quote:Originally posted by Boragina7@Jan 13 2013, 01:38 PM
Schwartz is still in the minors. I know how he turns out , so my team won't be focused around him.

McDonald didn't fit my new team. Let him go to fa. When I return home I'll search for tarasenko but don't hold your breath.

Schwartz has gone to 86 for me...

Quote:Originally posted by JmanPens19@Jan 14 2013, 02:17 AM

Schwartz has gone to 86 for me...
82 overall so far and he still has a few more years to develop. Hell probably hold the top lw spot soon.

It was a very rough season for the Blues in 2014-15. We started out 10-15-1 after 2 months, then went on to finish 42-34-6. It might not seem like a bad record, but it allowed us to be the worst of all the playoffs teams. It was a quick exit from the playoff's as we lost out to the Columbus Blue Jackets in round 1, in 6 games.

Wanting to upgrade from my nearly all 2nd line players, I decided a big move was in order to shake up the organization.

To CBJ:
Nathan Horton
David Backes
Jani Hakanpaa
2015 3rd round pick
Anthony Nigro

To STL:
Cam Atkinson
James Wisniewski
Graham Hood.

Atkinson should prove to be a top flight RW for the club, a position that a lot of clubs are looking to fill. Wis allows for a huge upgrade on the defensive side, which also saw additions of former New York Ranger, Marc Staal and New Jersey Devil, Marek Zidlicky. Hood was a throw in piece as it was for roster reasons.

Halak is starting to age, so a replacement for him will be selected soon. While 30 still allows for many more seasons, it gives me the chance to look for a young rookie and develop him into the goalie of the future. All routes will be explored to fix this little snafu.

After that trade and some FA signings, here are the 2015-16 St Louis Blues:

Schwartz (84) - MacKinnon (79) - Atkinson (85)
Perron (85) - Berglund (83) - Stewart (86)
Sobotka (82) - McRae (80) - Grachev (79)
Sointu* (79) - Adam (78) - Shattock (77)

Pietrangelo (89) - Shattenkirk (85)
Staal* (86) - Wisniewski (86)
Zidlicky* (82) - Cundari (80)

Halak (84)
Allen (80)

While it my seem like a premature deal to take Backes out of the picture, overall the team has responded well. MacKinnon is struggling in his rookie, compared to how well he will do in the later stages of his career, but still has 34 points in 65 games playing on the top line.

Currently at the deadline. Cannot remember my exact record, but it is something like 34-27-4.

Exploring a trade route for Halak. Viktor Kokman(NYI), Allen York (NYR) and Jack Campbell (DAL) are targets, but I might not be making any deal as the price for these three young talents might be a bit higher than I would like.

Campbell busted for me. Also, Allen can turn into a solid goalie...

Backes!!!! Aggrieved Aggrieved Aggrieved