Create Account

attention NWJHL GMs

You probably shouldn't waste an early pick on me. I really don't think I am going to stick around here, because I just can't get into it. I'm not going to retire my player, because I know that you guys want there to be 30 players for the draft, and me retiring might disrupt that (I don't really know where you are at in that regard).

EDIT: Honestly, it's nothing against the community or the forum. I have had my troubles adjusting to the SHL, but figuring out how things work isn't the issue. The VHL appeals to me because I've been there. I know the people and I have a history with the league. If I had joined the VHL for the first time two weeks ago, I'd probably not be sticking around. I'm going to be busier back in school since I'm going to be working more, and that will make it even harder to make myself part of the league.

I don't take the time to post much or read all these threads, and that just makes me feel like an outsider. It's not that I feel bad about that, but a huge part of the appeal of sim leagues is the community, and if I'm not getting involved in that, then there's not much reason for me to be in the league.

I guess I'll give it a shot, though. If you pick me, I'll see what it's like in your locker room. That's one place where I would like to be active and could probably get to know some people better. I don't care what team drafts me, Price George or any other. If you have an active locker room that I can get along with, it might convince me to stay. However, you should know that my activity will not be that great. I will do my Twitter, unless I forget, and I'll take whatever free/easy TPE comes my way.

I won't completely write myself off, and I assure you this was not a ploy to lower my draft stock. Then again, I suppose I also did this in the VHL with my first player...What the hell is wrong with me? :S

Anythin we can help with regarding forum, rules and such?

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

My article is ruined, I said you would be great :ahh!:

But, why are you losing interest? Can we help with anything?

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

No Street :(

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Hit me up if you need any help.

Probably so PGF can pick him up late as a steal.

Quote:Originally posted by Carlzner@Feb 4 2013, 12:57 PM
Probably so PGF can pick him up late as a steal.
Exactly!

Has nothing to do with me, to be totally honest. I do like his work in the VHL though.

Honestly, it's nothing against the community or the forum. I have had my troubles adjusting to the SHL, but figuring out how things work isn't the issue. The VHL appeals to me because I've been there. I know the people and I have a history with the league. If I had joined the VHL for the first time two weeks ago, I'd probably not be sticking around. I'm going to be busier back in school since I'm going to be working more, and that will make it even harder to make myself part of the league.

I don't take the time to post much or read all these threads, and that just makes me feel like an outsider. It's not that I feel bad about that, but a huge part of the appeal of sim leagues is the community, and if I'm not getting involved in that, then there's not much reason for me to be in the league.

I guess I'll give it a shot, though. If you pick me, I'll see what it's like in your locker room. That's one place where I would like to be active and could probably get to know some people better. I don't care what team drafts me, Price George or any other. If you have an active locker room that I can get along with, it might convince me to stay. However, you should know that my activity will not be that great. I will do my Twitter, unless I forget, and I'll take whatever free/easy TPE comes my way.

I won't completely write myself off, and I assure you this was not a ploy to lower my draft stock. Then again, I suppose I also did this in the VHL with my first player...What the hell is wrong with me? :S

I figure with the draft happening today, I'll at least give it a few days and see what happens. Having joined the league at a time when there were still playoff games going on, I've had to wait through a lot of nothing and it's made it hard to ingratiate myself in the league. Now I understand how a long off-season can be off-putting for new players.

This fucks up my Mock... damn you Abernathy!