Create Account

IHF & EEL

IHF should include EEL players too, not just NWJHL and SHL players. It is the International hockey federation, and the EEL fits under that category.

Im pretty certain this was mentioned before, Boon brought it up and a couple others.

Quote:Originally posted by WiTzzEL@Jan 12 2012, 01:34 AM
IHF should include EEL players too, not just NWJHL and SHL players.  It is the International hockey federation, and the EEL fits under that category.

Im pretty certain this was mentioned before, Boon brought it up and a couple others.

:lol: So I could have two players in the IHF? Sweet!

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: ZGneEG5.png]

[Image: sig-hffo-atlason.jpg?ex=660efc59&is=65fc...001e3&.png]

I like the idea but think if we do it, we should implement some more changes. Either 1. Every mamber can just have one player in the IHF or 2. We expand the number of teams, so that there will also be some small nations competing.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

I think if it's possible, adding new smaller place teams would be pretty awesome.

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 12 2012, 08:07 AM
I like the idea but think if we do it, we should implement some more changes. Either 1. Every mamber can just have one player in the IHF or 2. [b]We expand the number of teams, so that there will also be some small nations competing.[/b]
Ilike

A Team Germany would probably have a hard time winning games, but I would love to play for my players real country, even if it means that we have to fill the bottom-lines up with inactive Scrubs. And it doesn't just go for Germany, havin a Team Finland AND a Team Sweden, a Team UK where just players from the British Isles play and so on would be really cool, And it would open up spots for EEL-players without taking a lot of spots away from guys in the SHL who are on the IHF-teams right now Smile.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 12 2012, 09:00 AM
A Team Germany would probably have a hard time winning games, but I would love to play for my players real country, even if it means that we have to fill the bottom-lines up with inactive Scrubs. And it doesn't just go for Germany, havin a Team Finland AND a Team Sweden, a Team UK where just players from the British Isles play and so on would be really cool, And it would open up spots for EEL-players without taking a lot of spots away from guys in the SHL who are on the IHF-teams right now Smile.

That's how I feel as well. We could even add Austrians, since they're basically Germans anyway. :ph34r:

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Jan 12 2012, 05:41 PM

That's how I feel as well. We could even add Austrians, since they're basically Germans anyway.  :ph34r:

Stop being mean to Duddy :(

:D

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 12 2012, 11:49 AM

Stop being mean to Duddy  :(

:D

He should consider himself lucky. Wink

1) As long as I'm IHF commissioner, we will not include EEL players. It would just be too hard to follow people switching who their player is for this and it would shake everything up. Unnecessary and it just won't happen.

2) I've toyed with the idea of expanding, but my one drawback would be that the talent would be even more dispersed and Canada, the US, and Team World would seriously run shit.

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 12 2012, 08:07 AM
I like the idea but think if we do it, we should implement some more changes. Either 1. Every mamber can just have one player in the IHF or 2. [b]We expand the number of teams, so that there will also be some small nations competing.[/b]
I like this idea, especially with the possibility of a Team Germany.

Past players:
(S3) C/D - Turd Ferguson (HOF)
(S7) LW - Anton Wagner
(S13) RW - Christian Bauer
(S18) D - Turd Ferguson, Jr.
(S30) D - William Goddard

Yea, looking at the list of eligible players now, it's not even close to feasible to add a Team Germany right now. Only feasible one would be Sweden, but it would take some work to salvage Finland and make Sweden competitive.

Agree with Spangz 2 points up above.

I just did the math. There are 85 players right now under the control of Russia, Finland, and the UK combined. Divided between 5 teams (adding Sweden and Germany hypothetically), there would be around 17 players per team. Divided by 3 teams, there are an average of 28 under each federation. We need more players from each of these for an expansion to be possible, but with me trying to remove inactives from being able to participate, it could be difficult.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jan 14 2012, 06:10 PM
I just did the math. There are 85 players right now under the control of Russia, Finland, and the UK combined. Divided between 5 teams (adding Sweden and Germany hypothetically), there would be around 17 players per team. Divided by 3 teams, there are an average of 28 under each federation. We need more players from each of these for an expansion to be possible, but with me trying to remove inactives from being able to participate, it could be difficult.

As I said, in order to make an expansion work, EEL-players probably would have to be included...
Why would you be against that? I don't see too many problems if we say every member can just have one player participating in the IHF.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard