Create Account

IHF & EEL

No, I dont think so.

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 14 2012, 12:24 PM

As I said, in order to make an expansion work, EEL-players probably would have to be included...
Why would you be against that? I don't see too many problems if we say every member can just have one player participating in the IHF.

It's a good idea in theory but it's far too complicated once you have people choosing between players that would change who is eligible and there is a lot more work behind the scenes that would be required. The IHF would only become increasingly less competitive with expansion.

[Image: ArmiaJr.png]

Quote:Originally posted by wadeyb@Jan 14 2012, 12:33 PM

It's a good idea in theory but it's far too complicated once you have people choosing between players that would change who is eligible and there is a lot more work behind the scenes that would be required. The IHF would only become increasingly less competitive with expansion.

Yeahthat

Quote:Originally posted by wadeyb@Jan 14 2012, 06:33 PM

I don't think it would be much more complicated, or do you expect that a lot of people will try to cheat?

And i'd prefer some great Underdog vs. Top-Team games over the situation right now, where we randomly put countries together just to try and make sure all teams are equally strong.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 14 2012, 01:07 PM

I don't think it would be much more complicated, or do you expect that a lot of people will try to cheat?

And i'd prefer some great Underdog vs. Top-Team games over the situation right now, where we randomly put countries together just to try and make sure all teams are equally strong.

We'd randomly put them together even if the EEL players were included.

And yes, it'd be a shitshow. People would be changing everything right now and then want to change every season based on where their friends are and if I disallow switching, the constant bitching would never stop. Plus, it makes my job easier to just include SHL and NWJHL players.

Plus, now every team can win. It's better than having somebody like the UK just lose every season with no hope to ever win. Parody = good.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jan 14 2012, 02:40 PM

And yes, it'd be a shitshow. People would be changing everything right now and then want to change every season based on where their friends are and if I disallow switching, the constant bitching would never stop. Plus, it makes my job easier to just include SHL and NWJHL players.

Plus, now every team can win. It's better than having somebody like the UK just lose every season with no hope to ever win. [b]Parody
= good.[/b]
Parity* :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by Fisher@Jan 14 2012, 01:15 PM

Parity*  :lol:

Goddammit.

Quote:Originally posted by Fisher@Jan 14 2012, 01:15 PM

Parity*  :lol:

Ilike

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jan 14 2012, 07:10 PM

Plus, now every team can win. It's better than having somebody like the UK just lose every season with no hope to ever win. Parody = good.

During the GM-application period for the IHF, every member could declare which one of his two players will be eligile to play in the IHF and that's it. I don't see what's too complicated about it. We could say usually the SHL/NWJHL-player is eligible, but if someone wants to play his EEL-player instead, there will be a certain time period where he can make that public.
And sorry but it shouldn't be about what makes your job easier Wink. If it's too stressful to manage the IHF, create a new position and hire somone whose only job it is to do that.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 14 2012, 01:42 PM

During the GM-application period for the IHF, every member could declare which one of his two players will be eligile to play in the IHF and that's it. I don't see what's too complicated about it. We could say usually the SHL/NWJHL-player is eligible, but if someone wants to play his EEL-player instead, there will be a certain time period where he can make that public.
And sorry but it shouldn't be about what makes your job easier Wink. If it's too stressful to manage the IHF, create a new position and hire somone whose only job it is to do that.

See, that'd be too difficult. I just want people to stick with who they have. If they are unhappy with their SHL guy and want their EEL guy, then move your EEL guy to the SHL. It's that easy. I'm not willing to let people switch out and completely throw off the balance of everything.

Quote:Originally posted by Spangle@Jan 14 2012, 07:44 PM

See, that'd be too difficult. I just want people to stick with who they have. If they are unhappy with their SHL guy and want their EEL guy, then move your EEL guy to the SHL. It's that easy. I'm not willing to let people switch out and completely throw off the balance of everything.

I don't think that would be difficult at all and I don't think it would destroy the balance, but okay, this topic isn't that important to me anyway. Let's just agree to disagree.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

imo seperate some teams

Canada East
Canada West

and add some more teams

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 14 2012, 01:45 PM

I don't think that would be difficult at all and I don't think it would destroy the balance, but okay, this topic isn't that important to me anyway. Let's just agree to disagree.

That's the problem. People who don't run leagues like this usually don't fully understand exactly how much work/time it consumes to make things run smoothly around here, even the little things are tedious and adding more complication only makes it harder on those who make this place run.

Quote:Originally posted by wadeyb@Jan 14 2012, 10:57 PM

That's the problem. People who don't run leagues like this usually don't fully understand exactly how much work/time it consumes to make things run smoothly around here, even the little things are tedious and adding more complication only makes it harder on those who make this place run.

I also run an Online-League (That's actuall where I got most of my recruits from) so don't worry about that Wink.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard

Quote:Originally posted by OcAirlines@Jan 14 2012, 05:10 PM

I also run an Online-League (That's actuall where I got most of my recruits from) so don't worry about that Wink.

Tongue And yeah my whole EHM league is basically in this league now. :lol: