Create Account

Send-Downs Rule Alteration

This season we will be implementing a new rule that will slightly change the send-down system in the SHL/NWJHL. With the help of the Rulebook Managers, the Commissioner team has agreed on a small alteration to the rule, and one that we think will make the league much more balanced when an elite player is sent down, but also one that is not overly restrictive and allows those players to develop as much as they like.
  • A.) Any player under 325 TPE can be sent down to the NWJHL.
  • B.) These players CAN continue to update, but once they reach 324 TPE, their player will not be updated further until they return to the SHL.
  • C.) Players can refrain from claiming points and remain at 324 TPE until they are sent down. After that, they can update once again, but referring to Part B, their players won't be updated until they return to the SHL.
What this basically means, is that as long as you are under 325 TPE, you can be sent down. It doesn't matter if you hold off on a big update in order to be sent down, we don't really mind that. However, once you are sent down, any updates you do will not be applied until you are called up.

Some people have had an issue with us restricting rookies who are over 325 TPE, but realistically that rarely happens, and when it does it is often the case that the player will be in the SHL. Also, as stated, those players can hold off on updating if they are near 325 TPE until such time that they are sent down. The reason for this is that we do not want to see a player have double the amount of TPE as the best junior, and completely dominating the league, as ultimately the purpose of the NWJHL is for the juniors.

These changes will be effective immediately, as the NWJHL season has yet to begin.

Ilike

That feeling when I suggested this when Dave Smith was sent down. Nice to see my idea being used even if I don't get credit for it Tongue ..

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Ilike

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Quote:Originally posted by Mr.O4L@Feb 6 2013, 06:15 PM
That feeling when I suggested this when Dave Smith was sent down. Nice to see my idea being used even if I don't get credit for it Tongue ..

Why so afraid of me..... Tongue

~~~ Now is this the Dave Smith Rule :lol: - sorry I just had to Tongue ~~~

C - Kenji Yoshimura  Panthers Kenji Yoshimura Updates Panthers
[Image: BigTittySmitty5.gif]

Code:
Credit to Wasty and Steelhead for the sigs - thanks dudes!

Ilike